Play Off Final

Prestwickwell

Trying everything I can to get home by the 2nd leg of this. Not sure I could handle watching it on TV. Unlikely I will manage to get home for the 1st leg but could possibly catch it on TV and then head straight to the airport for the Friday morning flight.

I am surprised by the clubs stance on this as to be honest when you buy your season ticket it is for the 19 (possibly 18) home matches of a season. I fully expected to be paying into the play off final. Despite it being worse than shit this season I still see this as a good gesture from the club. They deserve credit for making this stance.

Didn't Hibs let all supporters in for free last season rather than just season ticket holders?

Let's face it. If the play off was QoS vs Ross County, they wouldn't care. The league is just scared on missing out of Rangers money.

To be honest I agree with the SPFL here even though it could potential cost me dough.

Hibs sold season tickets on the basis that play off matches would be included, before the SPFL was formed.

The rules are as they stand mean Motherwell should abide by the rules. Frankly all rules changes should be between the end of May and the beginning of August. The rules at the beginning of the season should stand at the end of the season.

Well that's me finally accepted its the play offs. Going by our form I just cant see us getting the results we need to get 10th. I want Queen of the South.

Queen of the South is the worst possible scenario.

1) All the pressure is on us to beat the 'wee' team

2) First leg on a plastic pitch

3) QoS have excellent home record

4) QoS have very good record against 'big' teams. Won head to heads against Hibs and Rangers this season.

5) Best striker duo in the Championship this season (Lyle and Reilly)

6) If they beat us we go down into a Championship with Hibs and Rangers.

Queen of the South is the worst possible scenario.

1) All the pressure is on us to beat the 'wee' team

2) First leg on a plastic pitch

3) QoS have excellent home record

4) QoS have very good record against 'big' teams. Won head to heads against Hibs and Rangers this season.

5) Best striker duo in the Championship this season (Lyle and Reilly)

6) If they beat us we go down into a Championship with Hibs and Rangers.

I would agree with all of that.

if his point 6 comes true, it would be a championship with us, hibs, rangers, st midden, Morton and Falkirk

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Purely footballing terms aye, it makes it harder to get up but the competition will make for an exciting year with much media interest. Not quite the endless 'backwater' trips folk were fearing. Assuming we can put a decent challenge in, I'd rather that than mid table Premiership mediocrity.

As for finances, I'm not sure how the club would be hit. Depends on a couple of factors including how much the parachute payment offsets the lower championship prize money. The other thing to consider is away crowds at Fir Park, which have been fairly rank this season. I could see all of the above teams bringing a decent crowd if they are in the mix. I could actually see home crowds increase too if the buzz is there.

I'd restrict the amount of tickets given to the h**s...we need to maintain any possible advantage we can. The more motherwell fans the better

This exactly. Also hibs and maybe Qos would fill south stand.we should give them the minimum allowed and try and fill the stands with well fans. And for this reason if and when it is certain we are in playoffs then a big marketing initiative is required. As in previous times I honestly believe our marketing is crap. We I would imagine have 10-15k fans names/ addresses on the system.we need to get in touch with them all and offer affordable tickets to our home end playoff and not just hope for the best.if we hope for the best and it is rangers then they could have the majority in our stadium. This would in my opinion be worse than being relegated itself.