Play Off Final

Prestwickwell

I'd give them the lower section of the South Stand and that is all....I'd then go out my way to get a ticket for the upper section and gain some revenge on all the pies, piss and coins that have been hurled in our direction at their hovel over the years.

To be serious though, we'd be as well giving them the full South only, and reduce prices to try and ensure that we fill our other 3 stands.

• Like 1

If they're given any more than the south stand then well fans should boycott the match in protest.It could be one of our most important games ever so why allow the away team to have more fans in the ground.The 3 home stands hold 8500 and as long as we're still in it after the first leg we'd fill them so I don't see why it should be in anyone at the clubs thinking to give them more than one stand.I usually go to the POD but if they're allowing Rangers to have bits of that stand then I definitely won't be going and I think as many people as possible should do the same if that's the route the club goes down.

Fortunately we now have a bajillionaire in charge and pulling the strings, I don't think he could give any less of a fuck if he tried about how many tickets Rangers want. I imagine they'll get a lot less than we think.

We're working on the assumption here it's Rangers but I think Hibs would have the same capacity to shift about 5 or 6 thousands tickets at Fir Park if given the opportunity.

On the proviso that we get a sensible allocation at Easter Road or Ibrox the sensible thing in my mind to do in return is to allocate our opponents the South Stand initially, with the wing of the Main Stand closest to the South Stand held back to we see if it looks like we are likely to sell out our 3 stands. If as we would hope we sell out then there's no issue but if that's not going to be case - which would be pretty poor given the games importance - then I couldn't criticise the club if they took the extra money and give that wing to the opposition rather than the section lying empty.

Billionaire owner or otherwise there's still a business to be run.

• Like 1

If its Hibs (and I'm not as certain as Al B), then its pretty simple, they gave us their big stand behind the goals, and we give them our big stand behind the goals...Rangers are the ones who will make it difficult. Even if we do play hardball, and give them a shite allocation in retaliation to our shite one, you just know that the dirty glory-hunting h*n, bastards from all over will end up in our end.

Personally I don't think Rangers have a hope against Hibs over 2 legs. I have no doubt we'll be in Edinburgh for the playoff.

I sincerely hope, and pray, you are right. As much as I want us to stay up, I could accept being relagated by Hibs. If it were to be Rangers, and Stuart McCall, who sent us down, it would be utterly, utterly devastating. Something which would take years to get over.

I'll be 'washing ma hair' instead of watching that team of fannies getting gubbed by Sevco/Hibs.

Could you try that instead of posting too? It's unfair the team doesn't have to put up with you, but we do.

• Like 2

There are noises coming from the coal face that he has alienated a large amount of the pre Barraclough players with a determination to rid the club of all of them. Incredibly poor management IMO and no reason to disbelieve it. Some already have moves lined up, some don't.

But these are the same pre-Baraclough players that many on here said were "stealing a wage" and "a waste of a jersey". You can't have it both ways.

And there are plenty of reasons to disbelieve it. Most football players are like weans. They think they are world beaters when they are winning, but when the shit hits the fan and they can't string 2 passes together, then it's everyone's fault but their own and their agents need to get them a move ASAP.

I can imagine there was resentment when the new fitness regime was introduced - every club in Scotland that has tried that has met resistance. I think there must be a rule in the PFA Union Handbook that says 4hrs training a day is only allowed if snooker, golf and trips to bookies are on hand every afternoon.

They need to get over themselves and prove they are worth staying in the top flight. They are supposed to be playing for our entertainment, not their own fragile egos.

• Like 1

We should win the appeal but probably wont.

What are their options ?

You could argue it was a red and a 1 match ban. But is it a case it is either a red or yellow ?

It was never intentional and as much as Reilly is stating a red was not warranted - his falling to the ground flailing about certainly did not help Skippy's cause at the time.

We cannot give either of them all south stand as they would generate more noise than rest of fp.im with others on this.givem 1000 max.the difference in revenue will be recouped with staying in top league. I will be gutted if we give them normal allocation as this will be no ordinary league game. $5 tickets and only sold to fans who have bought before ans st holders obviously.

1000 or 5000 they'll still generate more noise than the rest of FP - with the exception of the Bois, the rest of the stadium is like a morgue. Even on Saturday the only place that generated any atmos was where the Bois were congregated - the rest sat on their hands, reminiscent of the Aberdeen support of the 80's described aptly by Fergie "when they get excited they rustle their sweetie papers". Our support's pathetic (or maybe it should apathetic).

Give them as many as they can take and generate as much income as we can from the game. We won't fill our stands anyway - even at £5.00 a pop anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/motherwell-striker-scott-mcdonald-overjoyed-5719909

Motherwell striker Scott McDonald overjoyed as Record Sport tells him he's NOT BANNED for second-leg of play-off final after red card mix-up
AUSSIE delighted as our man Keith Jackson breaks the news that the Well manager Ian Baraclough had got it wrong and he is only set to face a TWO match ban.
Craig Foy/SNS GroupJS63702960.jpg
Scott McDonald saw red for an elbow on Thomas Reilly

SCOTT McDONALD last night spoke of his relief after discovering he will be free to help fire Motherwell to top flight safety even if the red card he received at St Mirren on Saturday is not overturned.

McDonald left Paisley on Saturday night fearing his second stint at the Fir Park club had been ended by a suspension for a foul he insists he did not commit against youngster Thomas Reilly.

He was informed by manager Ian Baraclough that the ban would rule him out of Motherwell’s final three league matches including a play-off final double header against either Hibs or Rangers.

In fact, Record Sport confirmed to a delighted McDonald yesterday that he is only in line to sit out two matches and so will be free to play in the return leg of the relegation decider at Fir Park on May 31.

ADVERTISING

SNS GroupJS63703034.jpg
Scott McDonald walks after being shown a straight red v St Mirren

But the striker is still hoping to have his red card overturned completely by a judicial panel on Thursday - one week before the first leg of the do-or-die shoot-out.

The Australian said: “When I left St Mirren on Saturday night I thought my season was over so obviously, this is welcome news. I think there was some confusion because in England, violent conduct carries a three game suspension. That’s what the manager and myself have been used to.

“So it’s a huge relief to know that I can still play in the final leg of the play-off but, obviously, I am hopeful that the suspension will be thrown out as I honestly feel I did nothing wrong. I certainly wasn’t guilty of violent conduct.”

Motherwell remain determined to have McDonald cleared of any wrong doing by the beaks and general manager Alan Burrows confirmed last night that an official appeal had been lodged in a bid to prove wrongful dismissal.

Burrows said: “There has been a lot of confusion over the length of Scott’s suspension and our manager certainly did think it was a three game ban.

“But, while it’s good news that Scott would be able to play in the final leg of the play-off, it’s absolutely vital that we push on with out appeal.

“The first leg of the play-off could be crucial to our chances of survival and it would be a nightmare to go into that away tie without a player as influential as Scott. When he signed his remit was to help keep the club up and, before Saturday, he had scored five goal in ten games to help turn the team’s fortunes around.”

SNSflo.jpg
Motherwell's General Manager Alan Burrows

McDonald was red carded in the closing stages of the match which condemned Motherwell to an 11th place finish, he was adjudged to have deliberately slammed an elbow into Reilly’s face.

The incident was missed by ref Brian Colvin but McDonald was sent packing on the advise of fourth official Andrew Dallas much to the Australian’s astonishment.

The Fir Park talisman admits to being left ‘devastated’ by the prospect of an end of season ban.

McDonald said: “I came back to Motherwell in February because I wanted to do my bit to help the club out of a difficult situation. I felt it was something I should do, to give something back after everything the club did for me when I was younger.

“So now all I want is the chance to finish off the job I started. These are huge games for Motherwell and exciting games to be involved in. It’s a different type of pressure to a cup final or a league decider because you are fighting for your life here. What you are trying to win is your club’s survival.

“So there is a great deal riding on it and I just want to be able to play my part. The officials made a big decision on Saturday and, in my view, they got it wrong. You only need to look at my record to see I’m not an aggressive or dirty player. This is only the second red card of my entire career.

JS57931082.jpgBaraclough welcomes Scott McDonald back to the club

“I have never set out to intentionally hurt an opponent because that’s just not in my make-up. Even in the dressing room after the game I said to the rest of the lads, ‘I haven’t got much to apologise for because I honestly didn’t do anything wrong."

A highly emotional McDonald was given extra leave by Baraclough immediately after the 2-1 defeat in Paisley which sealed Motherwell’s play-off fate. He flew to London to spend the weekend with his wife and children at the family home.

Manager Baraclough said: “I am massively disappointed as it was a poor decision in my eyes. Scott’s absolutely not that type of player. I saw it with my own eyes at the time and I never had any thoughts whatsoever that it would even be a foul, let alone a red card.

“Having watched it back again several times, I think it’s fairly clear for everyone to see that he hasn’t gone with any aggression or attempted to hurt the player and that’s the view of the lad Reilly himself, who I was pleased to read today thinks it was an incorrect decision.

“For me, it’s a case of a striker doing what he should do, making his body as big as it can be to try and shield the ball. There was no excessive force used, no violence in my eyes and that is the foundation for our appeal.”

Hibs have said they are only giving the top tier of the stand behind the goals for both h**s and US if they beat the Mankey mob !Which is 1500 seats

That's exactly what we should do as well. Hibs are maximising their home advantage (and no doubt Rangers will as well) and if we don't its absolute madness.

Fuck the money! If our club were *that* concerned about money at this stage of proceedings then they would'nt have pissed away the thousands of pounds spent bringing in duds like Long, Laing, Straker, and O'Brien etc

From Scotsman

Skippy faces play-off sweat over St Mirren bust-up

MOTHERWELL striker Scott McDonald could yet miss the Steelmen’s last three fixtures - the final league match and two-legged play off final against Rangers or Hibernian - despite initial relief at copping a two-game ban and not a three-match ban for his red card against St Mirren.

But the Australian forward could yet face action over a bust-up before the match, which St Mirren won 2-1.

The former Celtic striker was reportedly involved in a heated exchange with a St Mirren official, and was heard using foul language in front of young mascots.

A Fir Park spokesman confirmed last night: “Motherwell are aware of the incident and they have spoken to Scott McDonald.”

Motherwell are also contesting the red card given to McDonald for violent conduct, with manager Ian Baraclough saying: “I saw it with my own eyes at the time and I never had any thoughts whatsoever that it would even be a foul, let alone a red card.”

Wait, are we now being told that being involved in an arguement with someone is now grounds for a further ban?

Where is the precedent for this?!?

From Scotsman

Skippy faces play-off sweat over St Mirren bust-up

MOTHERWELL striker Scott McDonald could yet miss the Steelmen’s last three fixtures because he swore in front of a young kid and we have magically decided that this should constitute an extension to his pending ban despite zero precedent and no indications whatsoever from SFA, SPFL or anyone in the know.

Fixed it for you...

• Like 1

That's exactly what we should do as well. Hibs are maximising their home advantage (and no doubt Rangers will as well) and if we don't its absolute madness.

Fuck the money! If our club were *that* concerned about money at this stage of proceedings then they would'nt have pissed away the thousands of pounds spent bringing in duds like Long, Laing, Straker, and O'Brien etc

Absolutely this. I know money talks. But if all we get for Ibrox or Easter Road is between 950 and 1500 tickets then I would ONLY give them the top half of the South Stand - still 2250 tickets and double or 30% more than we would be getting.

You are probably talking an extra £25k by selling the rest of the South stand. Hardly worth it, given what is at stake. Of course the home end would be infiltrated, especially by the currant buns