Play Off Final

Prestwickwell

I fully expect to be at least 3-0 down after the first leg and at best manage a draw at Fir Park. If by some miracle we're still in the game at Fir Park I expect some of the worst "honest mistakes" from the red you've ever seen.

Quite certain McDonalds appeal won't be overturned either, yet Dave King is deemed "fit and proper"?!?!

Just curious ,how many players do we have that lost last time at ibrox ?

Hammell 65mins

Francis Angol (came on for Hammell)

Kerr

Lasley

Ramsden (unused sub, but was giving it large in press, run up to game)

The angriest I have ever been at any Motherwell player, when Las' was apologising to McCulloch, for Jig destroying two of our players to get play stopped for his team mates, massive inferiority issues

BBC Sportsound pundit Craig Paterson

Posted at 21:58

"Motherwell will be laughing because these teams will go at it hammer and tongs again on Saturday. Whoever gets through will need to pick themselves up and go again for two more tough matches."

Fair point, but they will be full of confidence. I just hope we are up for the challenge

I would take Hibs or Rangers.

From when we played Rangers in 2012 in the league cup only Lasley, Hammell are realistically going to Starr. Ramsden was unused so can't really be blamed. Kerr nor ZFA will start.

So, it's a totally different team with a totally different management team.

There should be no reason for the team to shite it.

The only real constant here is..us...the fans.

• Like 1

My view isn't going to be popular but how would we as 'Well fans feel if we were playing such a massive match away from home, were given no where near enough tickets for our support and the home club had 6000 empty seats in their end that could have been used?

It's a spectator sport.

• Like 1

Yes its a spectator sport mitch but by my counting there was 9000 odd empty seats at ibrox last night.didnt stop them! It is also play to win and we need every help we can. All on here that say we should give them what they want are off their heads! We need big marketing push from club to get all who have bought tickets in past come again . remember odense,nancy even dundee utd on a sunday night on sky ffs we can fill it if pricing correct!

Yes its a spectator sport mitch but by my counting there was 9000 odd empty seats at ibrox last night.didnt stop them! It is also play to win and we need every help we can. All on here that say we should give them what they want are off their heads! We need big marketing push from club to get all who have bought tickets in past come again . remember odense,nancy even dundee utd on a sunday night on sky ffs we can fill it if pricing correct!

If we could have 12,000 'Well fans in the stadium then my opinion would be different. There is not a chance in hell we could get close to that number. Give them the South Stand and hope we can do enough to sell out the rest.

Watching last night Rangers have a pretty ropey defence and only the pace of Miller and skill of Vuckic upfront. Hibs played some pretty football but no real threat. However, against either we will need our defence to be at their very best and given that this has only happened once or twice this year I have big concerns. I can see Ainsworth/Johnson/Erwin causing either defence problems. As others have said we will need to bolster midfield.

Both those teams last night showed enough to pump us silly on our recent performances. I am very worried but still hopeful. I will be at Easter Road or Ibrox next Thursday regardless. However as 'bad' as Rangers/Hibs are right now, they are still a lot better than Motherwell at the moment. Very sad but true.

Tactics in the first leg for us need to be spot on & safe. Would hate to think we would be out of the tie before we get them back at Fir Park.

Cut out all the drama and heartache, guys and just accept it. Much like the team this season. Baracloughs Bottlers will choke the same way Hibs do!

We'll get shown up by servco at Ibrox and we'll then have to endure harassment at FirPark by 1000's of orcs. To cap off a miserable night, we'll have to watch the Scottish media, including Chick Young cream their load at the return of The "Prod"ical Son.

Darkened room and ear plugs arranged for this double header.

Skippy cleared to play.

We'd score against both of those defenses so it will be a case of 'they score one..... '

Always wanting our strongest team on the field of play... This develompent lets Baraclough stick to his rigid 4-4-2 which will be problematic in itself.

• Like 2

Watching last night Rangers have a pretty ropey defence and only the pace of Miller and skill of Vuckic upfront. Hibs played some pretty football but no real threat. However, against either we will need our defence to be at their very best and given that this has only happened once or twice this year I have big concerns. I can see Ainsworth/Johnson/Erwin causing either defence problems. As others have said we will need to bolster midfield.

I still reckon Rangers would be better bet for us, they might be a bit done in by the time the game comes around ad I wouldn't fancy Scott Allen hitting free kicks corners on our defence, as per last night

Rangers actually defended them quite well