Hamilton Accies V Motherwell 24/04/15

ONeils40yarder

We really need to consider sacking baraclough as we have got worse since he came in. After we conceded the 2nd he sat in the dugout till the end of the game, for me that is a sign of giving up and not having a fucking clue.

Too many fannys seeing out their careers at motherwell and getting 1 last wage before they call it a day. Need a fucking clearout as these players are not capable of showing any bit desire to wear the motherwell shirt.

I'm angry about a lot of stuff tonight but what I want to say straight off the bat is this.

The absolutely fucking cretin in our support who screamed at Nigel Hasselbaink "jungle bunny bastard" right in front of Zane Francis Angol and his family needs to be kicked up and down Windmillhill Street ten fucking times.

Forget about performances or relegation or anything else, I've never been more embarrased or ashamed to be a Motherwell supporter. Bad enough to use that sort of racist language at any time but to do it right in front of one of our black players and his relatives is beyond disgusting.

I will tackle the match in a separate post.

I heard this also, fucking disgrace. It happened when Scotland scored but he thought it was Hasselbaink.

Very much a side issue to the game, but the first time somebody threw a scrunched up piece of paper onto the park it wasn't too clever, so the 100 th time..........

On the game we made a few chances , were unlucky a few times and also poor finishing , here's hoping we are keeping it for the play off

Hopefully Laing will be fit for play off , think it could be touch and go if we stay up via this

I heard this also, fucking disgrace. It happened when Scotland scored but he thought it was Hasselbaink.

Fuck sake man that's utter brutal, embarrassing.

As for the game, we had some great chances but let's be honest we deserved fuck all.

Crawford looks absolute class every time I see him

Some of the comments on here amaze me. To pick out Straker for blame is bonkers. He is not great but did nothing wrong. How about pointing the finger at the untouchables. Lasley lost is man for the goals. Pearson totally anonymous till the last minute when he played Erwin in. McDonald did nothing and deserved to be subbed. Erwin clean through three times and missed.

When the second goal went in we chucked it and that is the most worrying thing. McManus, Lasley, Pearson and McDonald should have shown some leadership and they were nowhere to be seen.

Its the play offs now and our attitude gives me the fear.

Reality won't yet have set in for the mega optimistic in our support. However, Partick Thistle the other week and tonight's match has cemented our play off position. Alan Stubbs/Stuart McCall/QoS manager's tactical notes tonight on beating Motherwell FC would have been blue printed on the back of a fag paper. No one will lose sleep facing us. Championship, here we come!

OK where do you start?

I said before the match that I thought this would our hardest match and when I said that I was kind of diplomatically saying I didn't think we'd win for all the reason that actually transpired tonight. A pressure match. An away match. An away match on Accies pitch. Plus our fans totally discounting and disrespecting the opposition and totally upping our team with scarcely any evidence.

First of all we went out into a must win match in front of a big away support and we shat it. There was no urgency, no energy, no closing people down, no pressing, we went out and played at a canter. It's just not fucking good enough and I've said it before and I'll say it again it has absolutely fuck all to do with Kenny Black!! Motherwell supporter all season have been coming away with total delusions and latching on to ridiculous beliefs and it's about time they wised up. Baraclough's super duper training methods have had the best part of 5 months and they have changed fuck all. Please, just drop all the bullshit right now. We are a team that goes into games with no belief! It has nothing to do with training methods!

Secondly, these stats are a game or two out of date but as of last week John Sutton had 30 shots at goal this season and had scored 11. Lee Erwin had also had 30 shots at goal this season and scored 4. We simply cannot go into games with our best goal scorer, not by a little bit, but by an absolute mile, sitting on the bench for most of the match. All the experts on here laid the blame for a woeful team performance was laid at Suttons door totally unfairly, well who's fault was it tonight? Lee Erwin played up top, Johnston played left and we were still shite. Still Sutton's fault? Anyone that watches us warming up before matches and watches the shooting practice will know that Sutton puts 8 or 9 out of 10 in the net. Watch the other players. No one is anywhere near as good as him at hitting the target and yet we are tying one arm behind our back. We are heading for the Championship and we have one of the leagues top scorers sitting on the bench. We had 4 or 5 good chances to score in the first half and Sutton was sitting watching like the rest of us. In fact our two best players this season Dan Twardzik and John Sutton have been dropped by Baraclough. This Lee Erwin delusion needs to be jettisoned as well. You cannot hope to survive with a striker like Erwin playing up front. He is simply not good enough at scoring goals. By all means give him a game, he does other things well, but we need to build the team around our major source of goals and that is Sutton.

Thirdly, Baraclough was absolutely useless tonight. We went out and started the game with no zip or energy. Isn't that part of his job, to motivate? Second half, we go out and lose a goal within 7 minutes. Again useless. Then he prevaricates and doesn't change anything when it is absolutely obvious it's not working and we desperately, with our Premiership status hanging in the balance, need to change it and what does he do? Nothing. And then when he does do something he takes off probably our best and most dangerous player on the night Marvin Johnson! Now Marvin Johnson may have been carrying an injury but he didn't look it to me. Then at 0-2 down he takes of McDonald and puts on Sutton. Well Sutton should have on long before then but why take of McDonald? Pearson clearly isn't fit, Ainsworth had a poor night, go 4-3-3 and try and get a goal back, don't take off a striker, have a go! Maximise your fire power! It's not like it was 1-0 and we could maybe sneak back into the match. We had to go for it and Baraclough didn't have the guts or heart for it. Maybe that's why we have a team like that!

Anyway, 3 points for Ross County makes them safe in my opinion and totally kills the post split fixtures. If that happens we can hardly complain but the annoying thing is we have so much more in that squad than we are actually showing. The raw materials are there and yet it looks like it's Cowdenbeath next season for our traveling support.

• Like 1

Some of the comments on here amaze me. To pick out Straker for blame is bonkers. He is not great but did nothing wrong. How about pointing the finger at the untouchables. Lasley lost is man for the goals. Pearson totally anonymous till the last minute when he played Erwin in. McDonald did nothing and deserved to be subbed. Erwin clean through three times and missed.

When the second goal went in we chucked it and that is the most worrying thing. McManus, Lasley, Pearson and McDonald should have shown some leadership and they were nowhere to be seen.

Its the play offs now and our attitude gives me the fear.

This is what sickened me

Yes 2nd half we were crap 1st half if one goes in different game.was same at fir park game was tight then we get 2 quick ones game dead.what I was disappointed with tonight maybe more than anything was the amount of well fans leaving at 20/15 mins to go.yes we are crap just now but I can never get my head round that.support the team whinging does not do any good and I am as sick as anyone. I know people will say it's up to players to inspire but let's help them too.if we give up then they will also.COYW.

Yes 2nd half we were crap 1st half if one goes in different game.was same at fir park game was tight then we get 2 quick ones game dead.what I was disappointed with tonight maybe more than anything was the amount of well fans leaving at 20/15 mins to go.yes we are crap just now but I can never get my head round that.support the team whinging does not do any good and I am as sick as anyone. I know people will say it's up to players to inspire but let's help them too.if we give up then they will also.COYW.

I've spent about £75 this season for me and my boys to watch us loose 7-0 to hamilton at that dump. That's why I left early. I care. Some of the players don't. Not whinging as you say, just pointing out fact. Went to firhill as well to "inspire them", but they also failed miserably.

Very disappointing tonight. The team looked very flat with no fight or desire. In short they just weren't up for it. No matter how good the players are, if they have no fight they just won't compete and perform. Luck deserted us tonight as it tends to when you're down at the bottom. Our big problem was midfield and if you play 2 wingers then you're going to struggle in the middle as we did. Pearo just wasn't in the game and looked as though he wasn't fit.

It was scary the way Accies were allowed to run at our defence and nothing was done to stop that. We got what we deserved - nothing.

Too many players who don't really care, the guys who're on loan will be away at the end of the season as will a few of our own players and most of them don't look up for a relegation battle.Having said that we could have won the game tonight with the amount of chances we missed and that makes it even more annoying, the fact that Accies were there for the taking and we still couldn't beat them.

We were well in the game until the second goal. The first goal was as a result of no-one taking control in the middle of the park, the second was just a shambles. Then the heads went down and we chucked it.

At the second Josh Law tracked his man across the goal and left space for two Accies players to be free on their left. It didn't look good, but it can't be Law's job to mark 3 different players!

• Like 1

OK where do you start?

Secondly, these stats are a game or two out of date but as of last week John Sutton had 30 shots at goal this season and had scored 11. Lee Erwin had also had 30 shots at goal this season and scored 4. We simply cannot go into games with our best goal scorer, not by a little bit, but by an absolute mile, sitting on the bench for most of the match. All the experts on here laid the blame for a woeful team performance was laid at Suttons door totally unfairly, well who's fault was it tonight? Lee Erwin played up top, Johnston played left and we were still shite. Still Sutton's fault? Anyone that watches us warming up before matches and watches the shooting practice will know that Sutton puts 8 or 9 out of 10 in the net. Watch the other players. No one is anywhere near as good as him at hitting the target and yet we are tying one arm behind our back. We are heading for the Championship and we have one of the leagues top scorers sitting on the bench. We had 4 or 5 good chances to score in the first half and Sutton was sitting watching like the rest of us. In fact our two best players this season Dan Twardzik and John Sutton have been dropped by Baraclough. This Lee Erwin delusion needs to be jettisoned as well. You cannot hope to survive with a striker like Erwin playing up front. He is simply not good enough at scoring goals. By all means give him a game, he does other things well, but we need to build the team around our major source of goals and that is Sutton.

Bringing Sutton off the bench in the last 30 minutes worked well in the 3 games we won so it was a reasonable tactic to repeat.

Another miserable and abject performance in a game that meant so much.

Failing due to lack of ability and basically not being good enough I can kinda handle.

Failing due to lack of effort , hunger and desire really fucks me off .

Gutting though it would be to go down through the play-off , If we did so kicking and fighting I would be happy to hold my hands up and admit we got what we deserved simply for being shite .

To go down because we have too many spineless shysters would be horrific .

11th place is ours , Baraclough needs to somehow instill spirit in these pricks over the next four games. Whoever the opponents are in the play-off final will be hungry with everything to gain.

We on the other hand are Gutless and likely to shit the nest big time with the couldnae give a fuck attitude that many of our players seem to have .

We basically have a team full of players for whom relegation means nothing as they're either out of contract or on loan. It's about time they showed some professional pride and at least fucking tried.

• Like 1

Was at the game and just watched highlights just now.Both goals very soft, don't know if the first would have been down to big Laings injury?

Second one, don't know who is meant to be tracking Crawford

Just hope when play off comes we make as many chances, we could have had a half dozen goals last night with more clinical finishing and a wee bit of luck......not dissimilar to Hibs in Scottish Cup last week, they are due a bit of luck ,so hope we don't get them in play off

that bounce of the ball on the pitch is mental.

Not an excuse for last night but plastic pitches should be outlawed

That was fucking dire tonight. Despite being pish we still had chances to win the game. Erwin was minging, as were most of the team.

Also George Long is seriously overrated. He also appears to not be able to give any less of a fuck if he tried. Shite shite shite.

Erwin IMO has been minging all year barring maybe 5 games. He get off with it cos he is one of ours who tries.

I don't think any one really rates Long but I still think he is better than Twardzik. Decent at best though.

I'm angry about a lot of stuff tonight but what I want to say straight off the bat is this.

The absolutely fucking cretin in our support who screamed at Nigel Hasselbaink "jungle bunny bastard" right in front of Zane Francis Angol and his family needs to be kicked up and down Windmillhill Street ten fucking times.

Forget about performances or relegation or anything else, I've never been more embarrased or ashamed to be a Motherwell supporter. Bad enough to use that sort of racist language at any time but to do it right in front of one of our black players and his relatives is beyond disgusting.

I will tackle the match in a separate post.

Did anyone pull him up?

OK where do you start?

I said before the match that I thought this would our hardest match and when I said that I was kind of diplomatically saying I didn't think we'd win for all the reason that actually transpired tonight. A pressure match. An away match. An away match on Accies pitch. Plus our fans totally discounting and disrespecting the opposition and totally upping our team with scarcely any evidence.

First of all we went out into a must win match in front of a big away support and we shat it. There was no urgency, no energy, no closing people down, no pressing, we went out and played at a canter. It's just not fucking good enough and I've said it before and I'll say it again it has absolutely fuck all to do with Kenny Black!! Motherwell supporter all season have been coming away with total delusions and latching on to ridiculous beliefs and it's about time they wised up. Baraclough's super duper training methods have had the best part of 5 months and they have changed fuck all. Please, just drop all the bullshit right now. We are a team that goes into games with no belief! It has nothing to do with training methods!

Thirdly, Baraclough was absolutely useless tonight. We went out and started the game with no zip or energy. Isn't that part of his job, to motivate? Second half, we go out and lose a goal within 7 minutes. Again useless. Then he prevaricates and doesn't change anything when it is absolutely obvious it's not working and we desperately, with our Premiership status hanging in the balance, need to change it and what does he do? Nothing. And then when he does do something he takes off probably our best and most dangerous player on the night Marvin Johnson! Now Marvin Johnson may have been carrying an injury but he didn't look it to me. Then at 0-2 down he takes of McDonald and puts on Sutton. Well Sutton should have on long before then but why take of McDonald? Pearson clearly isn't fit, Ainsworth had a poor night, go 4-3-3 and try and get a goal back, don't take off a striker, have a go! Maximise your fire power! It's not like it was 1-0 and we could maybe sneak back into the match. We had to go for it and Baraclough didn't have the guts or heart for it. Maybe that's why we have a team like that!

Anyway, 3 points for Ross County makes them safe in my opinion and totally kills the post split fixtures. If that happens we can hardly complain but the annoying thing is we have so much more in that squad than we are actually showing. The raw materials are there and yet it looks like it's Cowdenbeath next season for our traveling support.

I agree with the majority of this post, except the parts regarding Twardzik and I also thought Johnson was pretty poor yesterday. Saw quite a lot of the ball but it looked like he was struggling with the plastic park and the way the ball didn't hold up like it would on grass, the bounce on some of the diagonal passes he recieved didn't help him at times.

Did anyone pull him up?

He was about 5 or 6 rows down from me and his section looked like it was a group of people of a similar type (fat, shaved heads, tattoos) so you can hardly blame anyone for not doing so.

I would have reported him if there had been a steward or any police around which there wasn't but of course when we got back to Airbles station there was about 20 of them doing fuck all except clogging up exits, getting in the way and of course picking up giant over time payments! Good job Police Scotland.

The sad thing was Angol was there with two women, one I assume was his mum, and the other who was perhaps a sister or girlfriend, and they clearly heard the comment.

They say we need to increase our support, on the evidence of last night we need to decrease it. Just sickening.