Hamilton Accies V Motherwell 24/04/15

ONeils40yarder

Just gone through the pain of watching highlights and was just as bad as being there last night...

Erwin gives ball away to start build up for both accies goals.

For the second Ainsworth fails to get his lazy arse back leaving the runner free.

Can't have a striker failing to take chances when one on one with the keeper.

He was about 5 or 6 rows down from me and his section looked like it was a group of people of a similar type (fat, shaved heads, tattoos) so you can hardly blame anyone for not doing so.

Not having a dig. I know it's not always ideal to do so in these situations, I was just wondering.

What I like about football policing is that the fans are expected to "police" themselves, acitvely encouraged to at times. But you wouldn't see the public being encouraged to stop an armed robbery.

I feel sorry for ZFA and his family

Absolutely disgusted with that gutless performance last night, the hassle I had to actually attend the match and paying £42 to be rewarded with the level of incompetence on the pitch seriously makes me question my sanity.

Me and my mate, said that if we come out the blocks quickly we'll win...well, there was only one team that came out quickly in both halves and it wasn't us. We really never got going at all.

Pearson and Lasley were over run in the middle of the park, they were second to every ball and every knock down. I'm convinced that Pearson isn't fit.

George Longs lack of urgency was really getting on my tits, waiting until everyone was marked before distributing the ball almost every time. His kicking was also pretty pish

Straker is fucking garbage...if the Manager is watching this clown and thinks he is doing OK, then words fail me. There was one passage of play that summed him up...he beat two men and then passed the ball across the pitch to an Accies player. He's a fud.

Straker was shite...but Josh Law was diabolical, went walkabout too often and distribution was poor. He's been getting the benefit of the doubt recently because he works hard, but he is another one that is playing beyond his level

Kerr/McManus/Laing...not dominant enough in the air, poor distribution and for some reason wanting to kick the ball as high and as long as they could. We actually looked worse when Laing went off, as Kerr didn't look comfortable at all

Johnson...either still carrying a knock or was uncomfortable on the plastic surface as he wasn't really at the races at all

Ainsworth is one of the most timorous professional football players I have ever seen, too often he is desperate to get rid of the ball, he drifts inside constantly when Law has the ball...basically hiding. There is a talented guy in there, but the talent is subdued by his chicken heart I'm afraid.

Erwin...I'll keep it short, his misses in this game and others have cost us points

Now onto Skippy, I firmly believe he was in some sort of a huff last night, his body language was poor, his 1st touch was poor and it looked to me like he had downed tools and that was why he was taken off. There were umpteen candidates that could have come off for Sutton, but the manager picked McDonald and I reckon it's hard to argue against that decision, as he wasn't being the influence that he should have been.

We can blame that manager all we want, but that team last night is the one that most of us would have picked barring the obvious fud at left back, and it was a team full of experience from back to front. The players have got us in this mess, and the players look incapable of getting us out of it.

I'm honestly at a loss, as to how he changes things going into that last 4 matches followed by the play-offs.

Final word, on the players coming over to clap us at the end of the game...fuck off. Everyone of them should have been straight down that tunnel with their heads down in embarrassment, rather than patronising us with a wave and a clap after the performance they served up.

• Like 3

Straker is fucking garbage...if the Manager is watching this clown and thinks he is doing OK, then words fail me. There was one passage of play that summed him up...he beat two men and then passed the ball across the pitch to an Accies player. He's a fud.

This was my point. How he gets a game is unreal.

Gutting though it would be to go down through the play-off , If we did so kicking and fighting I would be happy to hold my hands up and admit we got what we deserved simply for being shite .

This is it. I was so excited about the run in and I was fully prepared to enter the play-off's with heads held high if County and Partick maintained their form and we had given them a good battle. I was looking forward to being glued to the radio today and (hopefully) going into the County game expecting a big crowd with that 'cup-final' feeling. Could have been as exciting a few weeks for the club.

Last nights result has fucked that. I can't think of two players who looked as if they had even played together before. After two weeks of unbroken training and with Johnson returning it's baffling how poor they were. What's more baffling is how we managed to create so many chances without ever looking comfortable on the ball.

Do they train on the plastic pitch for the build up to the game cause it seemed to me that our main thread MJ looked like he had never stepped foot on one before?

And Lasley is passed it now, give the young boy Carswell his place. I know he might have been suspended for that game but the rest keep Lasley on the bench.

Just gone through the pain of watching highlights and was just as bad as being there last night...

Erwin gives ball away to start build up for both accies goals.

For the second Ainsworth fails to get his lazy arse back leaving the runner free.

Can't have a striker failing to take chances when one on one with the keeper.

had he been up against our keeper I'm sure he would have scored a brace.

Do they train on the plastic pitch for the build up to the game cause it seemed to me that our main thread MJ looked like he had never stepped foot on one before?

And Lasley is passed it now, give the young boy Carswell his place. I know he might have been suspended for that game but the rest keep Lasley on the bench.

Cars well is younger but even slower, what about leitch or lawson

We in our current position shouldn't be relying on pearson to carry lasley through a game we can't carry passengers (unfortunately we have more than a few).

We're in our current position because like all SPL sides we need our 'big' players to play well and this season they haven't.

Saying we need Pearson to play well is no different to St Mirren saying they need Thompson firing on all cylinders, or County fans saying that they need Gardyne playing well...

Starting to calm down now, or maybe malaise has set in.

At the end of January i wanted Barraclough out, a complete imposter is what i thought. Then, credit to him, Feb and March he turned things around. Even ignoring our positive results, the football on show was such an improvement on what we had seen all season. We were a threat and actually had a go at teams.

First half last night we certainly didnt hit the heights, but we had 4-5 really good chances. Luck didnt favour us, on another night we would have went in at 3-1 up. Thats got to be encouraging given we were not firing 100%.

However........ the shambles we saw in the second half once accies had scored was shocking. Our players were hiding from the ball, they had chucked it and given we are in a relegation fight this is very troubling. Balls need booted after lastnight. I dont want us to get relegated but the least i expect from the team is that if we are going down (12th or into the playoffs) we fight and give 100% up to the final whistle. I doubt any one of our team could look themselves in the mirror and say they did that lastnight.

Have you watched any Motherwell games this season?

I mate I have ,more away than at home .Ive not watched all the games ive quoted either ,I should have posted something like have you seen the rangers result against ..........BTY the rangers have lost points to everyone except raith in the championship .Gives us hope .

I'm angry about a lot of stuff tonight but what I want to say straight off the bat is this.

The absolutely fucking cretin in our support who screamed at Nigel Hasselbaink "jungle bunny bastard" right in front of Zane Francis Angol and his family needs to be kicked up and down Windmillhill Street ten fucking times.

Forget about performances or relegation or anything else, I've never been more embarrased or ashamed to be a Motherwell supporter. Bad enough to use that sort of racist language at any time but to do it right in front of one of our black players and his relatives is beyond disgusting.

I will tackle the match in a separate post.

Wasn't at the game but that is absolutely disgusting.

I dunno if it was the same guy but at the Fulham friendly at the start of the season me and 3 (non Motherwell supporting) friends went along. At HT a guy asked Hugo Rodallega who was warming up for a pic, he didn't reply and the guy turned to us and said 'imagine getting rejected by a fucking monkey'

Couldn't have been more embarrassed...there are some right fucking cretins in our support!

Just about built up enough of a stomach to venture on to the match thread for the first time since last night. A thoroughly depressing night and results today have only magnified the frustration.

I have to say I expected better.

We didn't play well but did have chances and had we taken them and had a bit more luck we could quite easily have won that game. But coming away from it never for a second did it feel like we hadn't got what we'd deserved.

Again like Firhill it was so reminiscent of earlier in the season where you get the feeling our number is up if we don't happen to get in front. The team's confidence looks so fragile that some of them give the impression they don't believe they can recover from adversity. And that makes it all the more frustrating when some of them appear to chuck it with a fair chunk of games remaining,

Given the recent improvements desperately disappointing as Firhill was I could give the team the benefit of the doubt in having a bad game. They happen. But last night was pretty much the same all over as soon as Hamilton got their second. What's gone before has gone before but last night was the first of a series of games where it demands 100% regardless of score or circumstances from the first to the last and it's up for debate if we got that from everyone.

Miserable.

• Like 1

He was about 5 or 6 rows down from me and his section looked like it was a group of people of a similar type (fat, shaved heads, tattoos) so you can hardly blame anyone for not doing so.

I would have reported him if there had been a steward or any police around which there wasn't but of course when we got back to Airbles station there was about 20 of them doing fuck all except clogging up exits, getting in the way and of course picking up giant over time payments! Good job Police Scotland.

The sad thing was Angol was there with two women, one I assume was his mum, and the other who was perhaps a sister or girlfriend, and they clearly heard the comment.

They say we need to increase our support, on the evidence of last night we need to decrease it. Just sickening.

Oh......."fat, shaved, tattoos" a bit of a generalisation there mate, and "I would have reported him if there had been a steward or any police around" you were that annoyed you would just wait to you got home and batter the keyboard......"Good job Police Scotland" I think you will find BTP police the stations. :help:

BTP might police the stations, but think you will find as ya bezzer said, it was at the exits at the station, and anytime i've went by the electric there has been some vans and horses, didn't know transport police had horses, just saying.

• Like 1

Oh......."fat, shaved, tattoos" a bit of a generalisation there mate, and "I would have reported him if there had been a steward or any police around" you were that annoyed you would just wait to you got home and batter the keyboard......"Good job Police Scotland" I think you will find BTP police the stations. :help:

It wasn't a generalisation of the folk being talked about. I was up the back of that section and know exactly the group as I seen them with my own eyes. Fat. Shaved head. Tattoos. Embarrassing.