Hamilton Accies V Motherwell 24/04/15

ONeils40yarder

Anyone that is condoning that kind of behaviour and thinks it's alright is just as bad as the culprits themselves. Shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the club.

Don't see anybody condoning that kind of behaviour, given the sweeping generalisation, it was just pointed out the offended poster was 'that annoyed you would just wait to you got home and batter the keyboard' as is often the case by some who frequent this board.

Oh......."fat, shaved, tattoos" a bit of a generalisation there mate, and "I would have reported him if there had been a steward or any police around" you were that annoyed you would just wait to you got home and batter the keyboard......"Good job Police Scotland" I think you will find BTP police the stations. :help:

If there were no police or stewards around I'm not sure there's much else he could have done, is there?

Who cares, somebody shouting abuse at the football what a shocker. If somebody had punched a wee boy and got away with it it wouldn't have took up as much forum space as this shite. :nyam:

To be fair it wasn't just abuse, was it? It was racism. The authorities should have been in a position to deal with it in my opinion.

One of those nights......

To top things off I'm sitting behind the scary screaming Motherwell Granny and her two eejits she goes to games with..... My heids burstin.

I'm guessing that makes me one of her two eejits, my son being the other.

Cheers for that.

I appreciate that my views may be different from others, and also that I can be loud. If that makes me an eejit, I've been one for a fecking long time.

I hope to be around for a long time to come, so choose your seat wisely ;o)

• Like 1

Cheers for that.

I appreciate that my views may be different from others, and also that I can be loud. If that makes me an eejit, I've been one for a fecking long time.

Awkward.... :laugh:

To be fair it wasn't just abuse, was it? It was racism. The authorities should have been in a position to deal with it in my opinion.

If somebody was shouting something homophobic or bigoted then nobody would care, I don't see how racist abuse is any worse than other kinds of abuse.

If somebody was shouting something homophobic or bigoted then nobody would care, I don't see how racist abuse is any worse than other kinds of abuse.

It doesn't make it fucking acceptable though, does it? I am genuinely struggling to understand how somebody being offended by despicable racism is annoying you.

• Like 2

It doesn't make it fucking acceptable though, does it? I am genuinely struggling to understand how somebody being offended by despicable racism is annoying you.

Agree i cant get my head around folk are debating whats worse which is side tracking the topic of wee fanny that shouted it in the first place.

No place for it in any support let alone ours. Just wait til the media jump all over this story now...

• Like 1

Because they're obviously very easily offended, I fail to see how somebody shouting something racist is worth so many pages of discussion when any other abuse that's directed at players/fans etc doesn't even get mentioned.

• Like 1

What about Dougie Imries maw .She must have been very offended as well, but she couldn't find a polis either .Fine line between funny and offensive ?

Yep fine line between funny and offensive. Only an idiot would struggle with this scenario though.

It's not worse. It's on the very same level and lots of people would care. How are you not getting this?

• Like 1

Cheers for that.

Haha.... Fair play. Your abuse of Beaton was warranted if not continual and heid burstin.

Although spending the full halftime pelting a camera man or trying to pelt the camera man with your crumpled paper was a bit OTT.

Haha.... Fair play. Your abuse of Beaton was warranted if not continual and heid burstin.

Although spending the full halftime pelting a camera man or trying to pelt the camera man with your crumpled paper was a bit OTT.

Guilty as charged on both counts.

Apologies if rant and paper were OTT.

On the subject of Beaton I couldn't believe what time wasting was allowed. While it would only smack of sour grapes now, I can't believe I paid £22 to watch the ball in play for probably less than 45 mins in total.

Yep fine line between funny and offensive. Only an idiot would struggle with this scenario though.

It's not worse. It's on the very same level and lots of people would care. How are you not getting this?

Doesn't seem to count on here though. The word "h*n" regularly used on here, a derogatory and sectarian term for a Protestant, but that seems to be fine.

Doesn't seem to count on here though. The word "h*n" regularly used on here, a derogatory and sectarian term for a Protestant, but that seems to be fine.

Not defending sectarianism at all, but frankly 'h*n' is now used to describe Rangers players/fans rather than protestants. I'd describe Lorenzo Amoruso as a big dirty h*n. He's not a protestant. I am a protestant but don't consider myself a 'h*n'. Despite what Mitch says...

Not defending sectarianism at all, but frankly 'h*n' is now used to describe Rangers players/fans rather than protestants. I'd describe Lorenzo Amoruso as a big dirty h*n. He's not a protestant. I am a protestant but don't consider myself a 'h*n'. Despite what Mitch says...

Doesnt make it ok. Thats like me saying i use the word "f****n" to describe celtic players and fans. I'd describe scott brown as an ugly f****n bastard, even though hes a protestant. Would that be ok?

Celtic fans called us h**s at the cup final. They werent saying we were Rangers fans.

This for me.

I don't have any Rangers supporting mates that are offended by it, in fact most of them revel in it.

I'm not even sure its sectarian tbh but thats a whole different debate

Doesnt make it ok. Thats like me saying i use the word "f****n" to describe celtic players and fans. I'd describe scott brown as an ugly f****n bastard, even though hes a protestant. Would that be ok?

Celtic fans called us h**s at the cup final. They werent saying we were Rangers fans.

If I wanted to be sectarian, I'd refer to Rangers players as orange b*******. While they may be sectarian in origin, h*n and Tim are now more references to the two football teams rather than religions. Rightly or wrongly, that's how most people use them. Including supporters of those teams. Was there not a Celtic fanzine called 'Once a Tim'?

f****n and orange? That's a different matter...

EDIT I suspect that the Celtic fans were referring to us as h**s meaning Rangers supporters. Part of that Old Firm mentality that if you don't support their team then you must secretly be a supporter of the other lot. h**s without the bus fare, as it were...

Yes I recall that vividly - several thousands were at it if I recall correctly. That was something I found thoroughly offensive. In my book it is a sectarian term and along with T*m is offensive. Time that was all stamped out and relegated to prehistory where it belongs.

Going back to Stuart B's post I agree about the blatant time wasting - the worst I've witnessed for many a season. The referee and officials largely condoned it. If I'd been in charge I'd have yellow carded a few more of Accies players and added on about 7 minutes extra time - not that it would have done us much good.

Because they're obviously very easily offended, I fail to see how somebody shouting something racist is worth so many pages of discussion when any other abuse that's directed at players/fans etc doesn't even get mentioned.

You think that someone who is offended by racism is "obviously very easily offended"? Seriously?

You think that someone who is offended by racism is "obviously very easily offended"? Seriously?

Yes because I don't think most of the people commenting on this would be offended in the slightest if they were out with some mates and one of them said something racist, whether other people heard it or not but everybody feels the need to show how outraged they are on here.

I also think most of the people complaining about it wouldn't be so offended if there was a muslim player getting racist abuse.