Motherwell V Ross County 02/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Surely Hammell will fit enough for this? He's played at least a couple of games for the under 20's.

If Pearo's carrying a knock then get Grant in there.

Agree with both points there.

Hammell has 3 U20 games under his belt so I expect him to come in.

Pearo and Johnson didn't look fit to me to be honest hopefully will be.

I hear Laing is out for the rest of the season too so a decision to be made.

Thomas looked to be limping at the end also so that is a worry.

I'd go

Long

Law Ramsden McM Hammy

Las

Ainsworth Pearo Johnson

Skippy Sutton

I want to drop Long, Lasley and Ainsworth but we have no better replacements in my opinion. Erwin needs a rest and as long as we don't just play long ball to Sutton then he can do some sort of 60/70 shift.

I don't see Ramsden coming in a centre half as I don't think he has played there since Barra came in either for the first team or U20's. If Laing is out I'd expect it to be Kerr or O'Brien coming in.

I think you are right but I would prefer him over Kerr. Completely forgot about OB - is he still suspended/injured or something?

i'd rather see Dan in goals than Long. Doesn't seem like Long commands his box or comes for crosses any more than Dan did, plus I think Dan is a better shot stopper than Long. Regarding Hammy, I would start him. if he struggles then straker can always come on. if Laing is out then I would start O'Brien. I just don't rate Kerr at all in any position. Up front is a hard one which 2 out of McDonald, Sutton and Erwin to play? I don't think Erwin needs a rest. I'd be tempted to play Erwin and Sutton. McDonald has not been as influential as I thought he would. We know Sutton can score and Erwin can provide the mobility and although he missed a few against accies he has been creating a lot more chances than he used to. For the longest time he was just contributing effort in chasing down balls and harassing defenders. Now, despite missing those chances against accies, he is more of a goal threat. The more chances you get the more you are likely to score.

i'd rather see Dan in goals than Long. Doesn't seem like Long commands his box or comes for crosses any more than Dan did, plus I think Dan is a better shot stopper than Long. Regarding Hammy, I would start him. if he struggles then straker can always come on. if Laing is out then I would start O'Brien. I just don't rate Kerr at all in any position. Up front is a hard one which 2 out of McDonald, Sutton and Erwin to play? I don't think Erwin needs a rest. I'd be tempted to play Erwin and Sutton. McDonald has not been as influential as I thought he would. We know Sutton can score and Erwin can provide the mobility and although he missed a few against accies he has been creating a lot more chances than he used to. For the longest time he was just contributing effort in chasing down balls and harassing defenders. Now, despite missing those chances against accies, he is more of a goal threat. The more chances you get the more you are likely to score.

For me Twardzik in goal for Long, Hammell for Straker, Sutton for Erwin and I probably agree with O'Brien for Lang if he's injured. I don't especially rate O'Brien or Kerr though.

For the Dan malingers only one goal keeper in the league has made more saves than Twardzik this season (Accies McGovern) and he's not even played since January. He has 81 saves in 24 matches compared to Long's 13 saves in 10 matches. Put it another way, Twardzik saves 2 out of 3 shots on goal. Long saves 1 in 2 shots on goal.

For me Twardzik in goal for Long, Hammell for Straker, Sutton for Erwin and I probably agree with O'Brien for Lang if he's injured. I don't especially rate O'Brien or Kerr though.

For the Dan malingers only one goal keeper in the league has made more saves than Twardzik this season (Accies McGovern) and he's not even played since January. He has 81 saves in 24 matches compared to Long's 13 saves in 10 matches. Put it another way, Twardzik saves 2 out of 3 shots on goal. Long saves 1 in 2 shots on goal.

I still don't think making a goalkeeper change at this stage is the right thing to do. It will unsettle the team more than settle it I think. Stats aside there is not much between them at all.

Out of interest - what sites do you use for stats? (Serious question - not a dig)

You are wrong about McDonald best player in the team and one of the minority that gives 100%,big handsome John is even slower than a week in the jail hes only a sub now and slows the team down if he starts ,unfortunately Erwin doesn't have an eye for goal like Sutton does yet but hes more mobile by a mile

I see the cream cookies have got us as favourites for this one. I honestly just can't see a win coming.

Would have Hammell back in at LB and probably O'Brien in at centre half if Laing is not going to make it. Would be tempted to throw Grant into midfield as a replacement for Lasley. Pearson (if fit) has to stay in the XI. Up top it will always be Erwin and McDonald for me. Just need to hope that the team click.

Surely the 81 saves in 24 matches says more about our style of playing and the midfield capitulation putting our defenders under more pressure?

More pressure = more saves?

Was just about to say, this stat say nothing about the goalkeepers. As Yabba says it says a hell a lot more about how we played and how we are playing. It also saying nothing what so ever about the abilities of either.

Was just about to say, this stat say nothing about the goalkeepers. As Yabba says it says a hell a lot more about how we played and how we are playing. It also saying nothing what so ever about the abilities of either.

It says Long concedes more shots on target than Twardzik does.

I've nothing personal against Long, and I can't see IB dropping him, but for me, the lad looks the part, but just hasn't delivered - for a tall lad, he just doesn't command his area and by me reckoning, Dan is the better of the two. Long may well mature into a right good keeper, but he's not there yet !

Hopefully Johnstone will be fit, but either way, we have to play on the deck and through the midfield - there are times when a long punt may be the right ball, but resorting to this as a regular tactic is for me self defeating.

We play and apply ourselves as we can, we win - if we don't, we better hope County have a real off day, cos we'll more than likely toil.

Thinking positive.

MON RA DOSSERS

It says Long concedes more shots on target than Twardzik does.

I think the confusion has come from missing out a key value (total shots on target) in your post. So it looks like you are using the first statements info to work out the second.

e.g. Long's 13 saves in 10 matches. Long saves 1 in 2 shots on goal.

Doing the maths in effect would mean he has had 26 shots (assumed on target?) into him which he has saved 13? Average dealing with 2.6 shots a game. So should read 13 saves in 10 matches, 26 shots on target = saves 1 in 2.

The games played figure is redundant really.

E.g. Twardzik 81 saves in 24 matches. Twardzik saves 2 out of 3 shots on goal

That means he has had c 120 shots, 81 saves? Average dealing with 5 a game?

Is that right?

Twardzk is on 28 games too, but assuming you are only counting his 24 league games.

Twardzik made his fair share of mistakes from Iceland to Dundee however he pulled off save after save when we were getting battered every week.

Would much rather seem him in the team as opposed to Long who looks disinterested, commands his area no better than Twardzik and isn't a particularly impressive shot stopper.

You are wrong about McDonald best player in the team and one of the minority that gives 100%,big handsome John is even slower than a week in the jail hes only a sub now and slows the team down if he starts ,unfortunately Erwin doesn't have an eye for goal like Sutton does yet but hes more mobile by a mile

"McDonald has not been as influential as I thought he would". is what I said

ok explain to me how I am wrong You know how influential I thought he was going to be?