Inverness Away

Gaag

Just to let you folk that are coming know that the two regular drinking places for the well fans when they come to Inverness (Deeno's and the Phoenix) have both been closed down and neither will be open on Saturday.

From what I gather, quite a lot of folk are going to head to Lauders which is a pretty good sports pub (and close to the train station) before the match.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as I'm aware the place has gone bust, although rumours are that some big pub management chain has bought it. So it'll probably be given a re-fit and re-name in due course (which of course usually means that it won't be as good!)

Whoa, I'd sugges that you don't go to Lauders. The place is full of people who, if you look the wrong way it, won't hesitate to come up and ask you what your problem is. It is very easy to get into bother in there. That's just my opinion, but I wouldn't suggest Lauders.

My suggestion would be Smith & Jones. Cracking pub, always a good atmosphere in there and it can get quite busy. It's relatively close to the train station too, although in saying that, almost every pub in Inverness is!

Aye, this has already been posted on the travel thread. One of the reasons I'm not going either.

Also heard that any trains that run to stations near football grounds on the day of a match will also be dry trains. Not sure if it is enforced on motherwell fans or every other clubs supporters to teams in scotland

Just to let you folk that are coming know that the two regular drinking places for the well fans when they come to Inverness (Deeno's and the Phoenix) have both been closed down and neither will be open on Saturday.

From what I gather, quite a lot of folk are going to head to Lauders which is a pretty good sports pub (and close to the train station) before the match.

Is deano's shut down for good also? That's where I go when I go up there to watch us play. Great place as well.

Also heard that any trains that run to stations near football grounds on the day of a match will also be dry trains. Not sure if it is enforced on motherwell fans or every other clubs supporters to teams in scotland

Pretty sure that's only buses mate. You can drink on any Scottish train unless it's a designated dry train. Why they're making ALL trains dry that day is beyond me, why can't they do it on a Wednesday or something??!

Pretty sure that's only buses mate. You can drink on any Scottish train unless it's a designated dry train. Why they're making ALL trains dry that day is beyond me, why can't they do it on a Wednesday or something??!

Asked the same question. Not sure if it's something to with our last trip up north to inverness. Bill dickie was coming back down on the train and was disgusted by the behaviour of our supporters on the train. Probably made an official complaint to the police when the train arrived at Queen street.

Asked the same question. Not sure if it's something to with our last trip up north to inverness. Bill dickie was coming back down on the train and was disgusted by the behaviour of our supporters on the train. Probably made an official complaint to the police when the train arrived at Queen street.

He is a bit of a Harry Hoofter to be fair :lol:

Deanos is owned by Punch Taverns, and as soon as somebody takes the lease on it, it'll be back in business. Can't see anyone taking the lease for a while though.

Had a re-think about Lauders, and I'm only ever in there at about 11pm on a Saturday night for a quick drink. I imagine between 12 and 6pm there will be a lot less drunk people, and it might be a friendlier atmosphere!

Lauders it is then! :whistling:

Oh aye, and to get the thread on the game, I'd pick:

Smith

Saunders

Reynolds

Craigan

Hammell

O'Brien

Klimpl

Huges

Fitzpatrick

Sutton

Sheridan

I would quite like to see Lasley being brought in to get in about the Caley midfield, as I've a sneaky feeling they'll put up a hell of a fight on Saturday.

Terry Butcher will be wanting a result here, as a win will potentially take them off bottom spot. But equally, we'll be determined.

Cheers for Butcher and Foran, Boo's for Malpish and Kerr?!?

My prediction: 1-0 'Well

I never even knew Kerr had signed for them till i watched the full SPL, that was kept quiet!

Well im sure he'll be influential and a real dangerman to watch...

In all seriousness, i would also bring Saunders in at right back, but i have a feeling it'll be Keith Lasley we see playing there

Am I missing something with Clarky Gaag?

Massive game for us on Saturday! If we have any hope of chasing Europe we need 3 points on Saturday prior to our games with Hearts and Dundee United.

Inevitably Butcher, Malpas, Kerr and Foran will be right up for this one. For that reason alone, I'd like to see Lasley reinstated in the midfield. He never fully convinced Butcher and I'm sure he'll play out his skin. Furthermore, it was mentioned in another thread that we have been playing deeper with Klimpl guarding the defence. The mobility of Keith Lasley should hopefully get us further up the park.

Dilema for me is who partners Clarky up front. I'll leave that one to McGhee.

'Mon the 'Well.

Lauders is prob the best bet. The Moray is even dodgier and will be full of h**s watchin their game, Lauders isnt too bad, decent food,good drink n a couple of tidy barmaids (unless thats the beer goggles) either that or go to Weatherspoons, but apart from the cheap drink its shite

Inevitably Butcher, Malpas, Kerr and Foran will be right up for this one. For that reason alone, I'd like to see Lasley reinstated in the midfield. He never fully convinced Butcher and I'm sure he'll play out his skin. Furthermore, it was mentioned in another thread that we have been playing deeper with Klimpl guarding the defence. The mobility of Keith Lasley should hopefully get us further up the park.

Problem with that is who do you drop? With Quinn out then I guess we could bring him in at right back, but I think Saunders deserves that spot. You can't drop Klimpl as he is very important right now to our team. Can't drop Hughes, as that would leave 3 defensive midfielders and it would be very harsh to drop Fitzpatrick as I think we missed him once he left the field on Sunday (although we scored when he was off the park)?