Inverness Away

Gaag

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was driving by the Phoenix this afternoon and it did look open, I have been told its closed and know it is shutting, but it might still be open for this weekend! so Dilemma now, do we chance meeting up in the Phoenix if its open or stay wi lauders?

Problem with that is who do you drop? With Quinn out then I guess we could bring him in at right back, but I think Saunders deserves that spot. You can't drop Klimpl as he is very important right now to our team. Can't drop Hughes, as that would leave 3 defensive midfielders and it would be very harsh to drop Fitzpatrick as I think we missed him once he left the field on Sunday (although we scored when he was off the park)?

Any chance of Brian McLean coming in at right back or is it just too soon?

I reckon thats no a bad idea, Calley are a big physical side, Butcher will have them playing to their strengths. I would like to see us playing with both Klimpl and Boab, just to try and level the scales.

If it's a square go they want, lets equip ourselves to be able to give them one.

Foran says....

I won't show any sentiment towards Motherwell, vows Caley Thistle new boy Richie Foran

Feb 27 2009

INVERNESS Caledonian Thistle striker Richie Foran insists there will be no love lost when former side Motherwell visit his new home this weekend.

The 29-year-old was signed by Terry Butcher during his previous spell as Motherwell boss in 2004 - bagging 23 goals in 90 appearances for the Steelmen.

Now Butcher has brought his former charge back north of the border - and been instantly rewarded after the Irisnman opened his Inverness account in last weekend's 2-0 win over Hibernian.

And Foran is hoping for more of the same this weekend, despite coming face to face with old friends.

"I still keep in contact with a few boys there and, in all fairness, I had a really good time there," he said.

"It's like Inverness in the way it's a well-run club and has that type of family atmosphere to it where everyone's pulling together for each other.

"I have great memories of my spell at Fir Park. In fact, I was actually looking forward to going back there and playing but it's a home game for us and that's great for us to have a better chance of getting the three points.

"I think Motherwell will be okay, we'd like to drag them into the scrap but they'll be pushing for top six. They have a good squad, manager and play some good football.

"Hopefully, we can take three points off them on Saturday though.

"I've seen the highlights of their game against Celtic and they opened them up a fair bit, but hopefully with home advantage, we can do the same thing and get a couple of chances."

I say feckye! May all yer shites be hedgehogs!

Tin hat on as I post, considering the rough and tumble formation Inverness will go with, I'd have Malcolm on at full-back long before Lasley. Time will tell.
Bob Maclom was a yard off the pace at in central defence. You need even more speed and mobility to play at right back. Even big Richie would skin him for pace.

lasley gave away goals almost every time he played at right back - against st mirren, at ict and against accies in the cis off the top of my head. he put in some good shifts there but it only takes one slip back there and we get punished. big boab was a disaster at hibs and united last season so it has to be saunders who played well in the few games he got back in december.

majorly looking forward to this.

Foran says....

I won't show any sentiment towards Motherwell, vows Caley Thistle new boy Richie Foran

Feb 27 2009

INVERNESS Caledonian Thistle striker Richie Foran insists there will be no love lost when former side Motherwell visit his new home this weekend.

The 29-year-old was signed by Terry Butcher during his previous spell as Motherwell boss in 2004 - bagging 23 goals in 90 appearances for the Steelmen.

Now Butcher has brought his former charge back north of the border - and been instantly rewarded after the Irisnman opened his Inverness account in last weekend's 2-0 win over Hibernian.

And Foran is hoping for more of the same this weekend, despite coming face to face with old friends.

"I still keep in contact with a few boys there and, in all fairness, I had a really good time there," he said.

"It's like Inverness in the way it's a well-run club and has that type of family atmosphere to it where everyone's pulling together for each other.

"I have great memories of my spell at Fir Park. In fact, I was actually looking forward to going back there and playing but it's a home game for us and that's great for us to have a better chance of getting the three points.

"I think Motherwell will be okay, we'd like to drag them into the scrap but they'll be pushing for top six. They have a good squad, manager and play some good football.

"Hopefully, we can take three points off them on Saturday though.

"I've seen the highlights of their game against Celtic and they opened them up a fair bit, but hopefully with home advantage, we can do the same thing and get a couple of chances."

I say feckye! May all yer shites be hedgehogs!

As much as I dont have any affinity towards Foran theres nothing in that article that states he wont show any sentiment.

What do you want him to say? I wont be trying on Saturday cos I used tae play wae Murwell

As much as I dont have any affinity towards Foran theres nothing in that article that states he wont show any sentiment.

What do you want him to say? I wont be trying on Saturday cos I used tae play wae Murwell

Exactly! After seeing that headline I expected to read that and think he was a wank! Where was that article from?