Inverness Away

Gaag

What was the problem with smith coming on and then being taken back off, he carrying a knock?

Tactical move, he just looked totally out of the game and with Inverness pressing for the equalizer Smith was contributing little to the game.

Clarkie's body language as he left the pitch and his decision to go straight to the dressing room suggested he was not a happy bunny with being substituted.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result for the boys and hopefully a spring board to a genuine fight for a return to Europe.

Oh a side note, wish we could play Inverness Caley every week... Or at least, Inverness away every other week (travel aside).

We've won the last six games against them and our record at the Caledonian Stadium reads:

P: 11 W: 8 D: 1 L: 2 F: 16: A: 8 GD: +8

Incredible stuff...

'Flow

Our overall record is....

W 12 D 2 L 7 F 29 A 24

It's intersting that the first few league games went so much in their favour....

W 4 D 1 L 6 and that included that horrendous 1-4 game at Fir Park. Really has turned on it's head now.

Delighted with the result yesterday...

Just watched the highlights and I don't know what I'm more shocked by:

1/ Craggs managed to play Sutton in a beauty for the goal with one of his legendary hoofs up the park. :lol:

2/ The goalie that made a complete arse of said pass could be our number 1 next season?!! :lol:

2/ The goalie that made a complete arse of said pass could be our number 1 next season?!!

Nah, worse..

That was Ryan Esson, we are getting Michael Fraser... the number 2 to the said guy who made a complete arse of it.

To be fair, I reckon part of the reason why Fraser is not playing is due to the fact he has signed the deal with ourselves (as well as being dropped for shipping 5 at Ibrox at the start of the season, and has failed to get his place back from Esson as a result).

No, the goalie yesterday is the woeful Ryan Esson, Michael Fraser is the one we're signing.

I also seem to remember Butcher saying anyone who signed a pre contract whilst at us wouldn't play again, so presume its the same at ICT.

good result from a potentially tricky tie, but 1 thing I have to say, that Eastend Boaby Crew were cringeworthy, fair do`s for singing all game,a commendable effort but the constant Butcher and Foran songs as well as Ryan Esson Child Molester song (why??) were pretty embarrassing,plus their flag things looked like poor primary school efforts :lol:

Few observations from that game - we played some good stuff in the first half and they effectivey broke it down while they were a bit more direct. We then tried a hoof and got a goal. They equalised from a corner, we should have done better but to be fair its been a while since we lost one of them.

Second half they started better but we scored an excellent goal, aided by their defender. After that they had us pressed back but they just could not get that goal. They had a couple of pen claims, sure McCurry was right with the first one, second one not a clue. Think we were perhaps aided by the unwritten rule of 'I'm no changing the outcome of the game in the 90th minute unless he kills him or picks the ball up'.

We defended well on the whole (though it did take Reynolds a whole eight seconds to kick the ball out of the pitch under no pressure - that sort of thing will stop him reaching his full potential though thats for another day). Was pleased for McLean he had a steady game as I would imagine it was a bit earlier than McGhee would have liked to have thrown him in. I think he will really struggle v Driver though.

Sheridan is top notch. Never loses a ball and his finish was superb.

On Clarkson - I understand and accept that McGhee maybe decided that Sheridan and Sutton were the two strikers he wanted yesterday because their defence is big. It worked and they both played well. If he decides that and decides to go 4-4-2 thats fine but you don't have to fit Clarkson into the midfield. I like Clarkson but a winger he is not and never will be and he was a waste of a jersey yesterday.

And someone else said it further up, McCurry had a good game again. I know he is a cock of a man and had a horror show in that Rangers v United game but he is the best referee we have - always tries to let the game flow and you can see the players respect him.

First chance to post as I stayed in Inverness after the game. We played well enough to deserve the win but again gave too many chances to the opposition. Forwards all contributed but Clarky and Smith when given the chance need to wok much harder, and why do they both not hit the bye line when we have the opportunity? Reasons for being subbed? Defence worked as a unit and I hope Brian McLean can keep fit as I noticed him limping on a couple of occasions. The keeper did not cover himself in glory on crosses again, and his kicking was suspect although he did very well to smother a cross ball in the first half.

I felt we should have brought Las on earlier and sacrificed one of the front 2 as we were overun in midfield, but we held on for a great 3 points.

A nice birthday present for me.

'Mon the 'Well

I hope Brian McLean can keep fit as I noticed him limping on a couple of occasions.

I probably wouldn't be too worried about that.

I remember when Larsson came back from his bad leg break that he said he had been injurd so long that he had started to walk naturally with a limp, and it was picked up on his first few games back.

I'd imagine it's just the same case with McLean.

Great to have the big man back. Hope he can get a run in the team now and get back to his form at the end of last season.

Were you on megabus back yesterday? Guy wearing a well top on my bus

Not me, I was on the train. Had a good day in the town - was in a new place called The Auctioneers at lunchtime for a Burger and it was smart but the staff were gettin to grips with the tills etc. Decent prices for good scran.

Tried Lauders (as recommended by others on this site) and it is a coup. Had previously looked in to The Moray- opposite the station, but it smelt like a nursing home on a clammy night. Found the pubs on the other side of the river were good - The Albyn, and Findlays. Stayed at The Columba and it was good VFM.

Findlays is still there? Used to drink in there regularly in 89.

I suppose the old Criterion bar is long gone?

If its the same pub (Findlays) it sits on a corner 50 metres from the river on the same road as the bridge and is a big open bar with windows on all sides. Don't recall seeing The Criterion