Josh Law

Foxesfandale

I like him. He's been fairly solid since moving to right back and never hides, both of which is an achievement when you consider the bigger picture - team devoid of confidence, constantly changing backline (until Laing came in) and basically playing all over the pitch and only recently forming partnerships. Without being spectcular, I reckon he'd thrive in a better team.

Regardless of quality, if every player in the squad had the same mentality as Josh Law we wouldn't be sitting 11th staring at relegation.

This is bang on. Also why I think he would have won our own POTY vote. some of the criticism is a bit harsh I think. We may have lost a few goals from his side but I often feel that is due to the full defence being dragged around.

• Like 1

This is bang on. Also why I think he would have won our own POTY vote. some of the criticism is a bit harsh I think. We may have lost a few goals from his side but I often feel that is due to the full defence being dragged around.

Also how many of the goals do we lose 'at his side' where Ainsworth hasn't bothered to track his man back leaving him trying to defend against two players.

I agree with some of the sentiment that others have mentioned that the guy is unspectacular but you can't fault Law for effort, he might get caught out of position sometime and make mistakes, but who else in our squad hasn't this season?

I'd be quite happy to see him back at Fir Park for next season.

• Like 1

Thanks lads,

Seems a bit of a mixed bag. half of you are saying "doesn't do anything fancy but always puts in 100% when other don't" possible player of the season & the other half of you are saying "Complete garbage don't resign" So its just like the Leicester forum i go on lol.

Good insight though. I always felt his best position was in midfield but you have had the luxury of seeing him play all season so will have to agree with you RB is now his postilion.

Bit of a strange one for me. He was very firmly on my "cannon list" a few months back but strangely has come on to a game since the manager that signed him left. As someone else said he has made right back his own when previously he was being shunted about a bit that wouldn't have helped.

Josh Law is basically the most handsome man in the burns unit at the moment

Yep. That about sums it up. He's not great, hasn't shirked (unlike many) and has looked the best of a bad bunch for me.

Can't help but feel he wouldn't receive such vitriol if he was Josh Daw.

was decent enough again today ,gets drawn out of position to cover O'brien, much like he has most of this year for whichever centres were playing, I'd say he gets better marks than most of our squad over the year.

would like to think we can pitch someone better for a regular slot, but the kid could easily improve to hold it on his own, he's developed over the year...who else has?

Great cross by Law for the goal.

Think that's the third goal he's set up on the overlap since his move to right back, a pretty decent return. Thought Law was actually alright yesterday, nothing special mind but his usual solid display at right back. Struggling to understand some of the criticism coming his way.

Also can someone please explain to me how the fuck Law is as culpable for their goal as O'Brien?

A mixed game for him. He wasn't at fault at County's goal. That said he almost cost us one when Boyce(?) charged down his over casual attempted clearance. Not the worst player in the side but he tended to go AWOL at times. Made our goal.