Motherwell V Kilmarnock 08/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Played very well in spells. We could possibly have ran away with it but in the end, just happy to get over the line.

After thinking his touch and decision making was a bit off against Ross County, I though Skippy was top drawer tonight.

We've missed what looked like two sitters in the second half. Not sure who the first one was - Grant or Pearson maybe? Then McDonald.

We put those away the goal difference is -22/-19 instead of -24/-17. Let's hope we don't rue those misses! A 6 goal turn over is still possible though, especially if we win 2 and they lose 2.

We've missed what looked like two sitters in the second half. Not sure who the first one was - Grant or Pearson maybe? Then McDonald.

We put those away the goal difference is -22/-19 instead of -24/-17. Let's hope we don't rue those misses! A 6 goal turn over is still possible though, especially if we win 2 and they lose 2.

If we win 2 and they lose 2 we'll be above them on points.

Hopefully we can take a good crowd to Paisley and we can take this to the last day and slip through the net. See you at St. Mirren!

Noooo! We fall flat when we take a big crowd. I will go myself and tell you all how we got on.

Thought McManus & in particular O'Brien were immense tonight, absolute rocks the pair of them. Also wish Grant was our player, looks very tidy.

I normally stick up for refs when I can but Collum had a total shocker tonight. There was a spell at the start of the second half where he was just getting everything and anything wrong!

I reckon we'll beat St Mirren next week, Killie will lose and we'll go into the last day level on points with them. Imagine we got beat 1-0 and they got beat 3-0 to finish above them...

If we win 2 and they lose 2 we'll be above them on points.

Yeah. It can only go to goal difference if we win 1 and Killie lost 2, or if we win 1 and draw 1 and Killie draw 1 and lose 1. I think. I only got 3 hours sleep last night.

Still possible though.

Noooo! We fall flat when we take a big crowd. I will go myself and tell you all how we got on.

I was at Partick first time round this season and we didn't really have much of a support and we got a bigger humping that a few weeks ago when 1,500 turned up, so I think it's just our away form in general rather than the number of eyeballs watching.

Anyway I have a 100% win record at whatever that stadium is called so I should go and I'll let you know.

Would who ever had the drum in the Cooper please piss off back to the East stand and leave us auldies in peace. The drum is for ryat hem when signing but there was little singing so it was just a bloody racket

Erwin, Grant, Johnson and Mc Donald stood out for me tonight. Erwin ran himself into the ground and McDonald never gave them a mins peace. Oh and Lasley stop shooting when there's a man clear next to you.

Did anyone see the wee girl give Samson a right telling off near the end when he came over for the ball ? The full stand was buckled.

• Like 2

Hammell's tackle and pass for Erwin's goal was reminiscent of Joe Wark in his prime. Perfectly timed crunching challenge then curled a great ball up the touchline. Watched Joe do that many times from my close up vantage point on terraces.

• Like 2

Would who ever had the drum in the Cooper please piss off back to the East stand and leave us auldies in peace. The drum is for ryat hem when signing but there was little singing so it was just a bloody racket

Erwin, Grant, Johnson and Mc Donald stood out for me tonight. Erwin ran himself into the ground and McDonald never gave them a mins peace. Oh and Lasley stop shooting when there's a man clear next to you.

Did anyone see the wee girl give Samson a right telling off near the end when he came over for the ball ? The full stand was buckled.

The ball boy taking the p1ss was quite funny.Not sure i'd agree about Grant as a stand out though, for me he slows the game down too much and is too wasteful when we're on the break.Erwin could become a really good player if he sorted his decision making, he tries to do too much every time but occasionally it comes off and looks good.He's still a really frustrating player but there's plenty of potential there.

Enjoyed the game, and thought we played well. Had a bit of the fear after Magennis causing issues in the opening stages, but Hammell crushed him after that. Still think we'll finish 11th,,but I'm happy to see us playing a bit better.

George Long won't do, though.

Just watched the you tube highlights the westlake handball was a stonewall pen and for me a red card. How that wee fud colum and the linesman missed it is beyond belief. The standard of match officials in Scotland is feckin awful, no descision for pen, pasqalli should have had a 2nd yellow and been off, free kicks not given, colum a Fifa grade ref....my arse

I think last night shows the different aspects of Erwin and Suttons games.

Sutton although is a fantastic goal scorer relies heavily on others for him to score goals. Erwin can create and score out of nothing.

The lad in my opinion and have been saying this since the start of the season is a top top talent. We will seriously regret not tying him down earlier as he will go for big money in his career. I would rather watch him every week than Sutton for sure.

He reminds me of a similar type of player as Harry Kane at Spurs, look what happened when they stuck by him and gave him a full season up top. Before anyone jumps on me for this I am not saying he is as good, just a similar type of player.

• Like 1

watched the game again on the telly after sleeping on the result.

having hammy and ramsden at fullback made me feel better than having law and straker.

i felt the defence seemed a lot calmer, i truely believe law and straker are bomb scares.

i felt long should have done better at the killie goal but overall he was very good.

onwards and upwards

I think last night shows the different aspects of Erwin and Suttons games.

Sutton although is a fantastic goal scorer relies heavily on others for him to score goals. Erwin can create and score out of nothing.

The lad in my opinion and have been saying this since the start of the season is a top top talent. We will seriously regret not tying him down earlier as he will go for big money in his career. I would rather watch him every week than Sutton for sure.

A good summing up of Erwin and Sutton. Different kinds of player both with strengths but weaknesses. As things stand, they're suited to different kinds of games.

As for tying Erwin up on a longer deal - if it had been that straightforward the club would have done it long ago. He could talk to other clubs as far back as January and its clear he's been hedging his bets for a month or two now. Up until the turn of the year, the jury was still very much out on him. It could have been another Bob McHugh type situation.

Yes any defence in the world would be better off without Straker and Law. The central defence did well too. Everyone was up for that game last night except Pearson. What the feck is up with him. Cant run cant pass and watch him totally leave a Killie player to have a free header in the 1st half. We need everyone pulling their weight now at this most crucial part of this season. Thought Macdonald and Erwin were terrific.

Yes any defence in the world would be better off without Straker and Law. The central defence did well too. Everyone was up for that game last night except Pearson. What the feck is up with him. Cant run cant pass and watch him totally leave a Killie player to have a free header in the 1st half. We need everyone pulling their weight now at this most crucial part of this season. Thought Macdonald and Erwin were terrific.

Pearson played an absolute beauty of a through ball to McDonald and made a couple of brilliant tackles off the top of my head. You are an fucking fanny of a guy and the absolute worst type of Motherwell fan.
  • Like 1

Well done Bara , ainsworth was the most attacking player on the bench ( I know suttons a striker but he would've been an asset in defending corners). A good change and if he had went more for a more defensive option we could be sitting here 2 points lesser off.

Just watched the you tube highlights the westlake handball was a stonewall pen and for me a red card. How that wee fud colum and the linesman missed it is beyond belief. The standard of match officials in Scotland is feckin awful, no descision for pen, pasqalli should have had a 2nd yellow and been off, free kicks not given, colum a Fifa grade ref....my arse

Couldn't have put it any better.

That's two incompetent referees in two weeks.

Yeah if you remember back to the Killie game at Rugby Park in August with Collum as ref he missed a stonewaller when a killie defender handled in the box and was quick to show Kerr a straight red card for a tackle all too similar to Pascalis last night, but he never even got a yellow. The standard of match officials really is pathetic in Scotland.