Les Hutchison's Radio Clyde Interview

Yabba's Turd

I can't get the sums to work either. If its from when Bara came in:

Pre Bara we were 16 league games, 13pts = 0.8 per game

Post Bara we are 20 league games, 24pts = 1.2 per game

Les came in officially 30th Jan

Since then 13 league games, 18pts = 1.38 per gane

Carrying Bara's stats over a games we would be projected on 43 pts.

Carrying stats since les came I projected would be 50pts.

• Like 1

Maybe the board have realised that severe cutting of cloth in the case of relegation would increase the chances of us not bouncing straight back. Can't say I'm overly surprised. The offering of a two year deal to Pearson before we knew which league would be in didn't strike me as a club worrying about the budget for next season.

When you listen to him, he gives the impression that relegation would simply be seen as a minor setback in a longer term plan...

I would have assumed that if we use Les' takeover as the datum, that Ross County, Aberdeen and Celtic have all accrued more points in that time and this 3rd best thing is hard to understand. Looking back over the BBC website the last 10 games has us, Partick and Aberdeen on the same totals, Celtic and Ross County with more (however that quick look only goes back to the 28th of February). It also doesn't take into account the quality of the opposition faced.

I've not listened to it again, but when I heard it lastnight, I took it to mean that from when he got everything in position off and on the field. I haven't tried the sums but I assumed that meant after the transfer window so maybe 1st Feb?

Albeit he would expect us to bounce straight back up from a really competitive league.

There's no doubt we'd survive relegation now but would spending at current levels add to the debt the club/fans will owe Hutchison.

Given the parachute payments in place now, if you bounce back in a season, there probably isn't much financial loss for a relegated team. The figure I saw quoted was 500,000 - which is a pretty decent % of our annual turnover.

I've not listened to it again, but when I heard it lastnight, I took it to mean that from when he got everything in position off and on the field. I haven't tried the sums but I assumed that meant after the transfer window so maybe 1st Feb?

Also, they presumably deducted points from the teams we were projected to have beaten.

Anyway, it was a good interview, and nice to hear the new owner being so positive.

Not listened to the full interview yet but I think our dear leader has got a little bit confused.

Our home record since he came in is pretty good though so perhaps he means if we'd replicated our home form away from home for something like that.

At a glance, I'd say Aberdeen and Celtic have better home records, Partick and Ross County broadly similar.

Other than that I don't know what he's talking about frankly.

• Like 1

This is how the league table would look if it had been reset to zero when Baraclough took over.

1-Celtic 50
2-Aberdeen 43
3-Ross County 31
4-Inverness 30
5-St.Johnstone 30
6-Partick 26
7-Dundee 24
8-MOTHERWELL 24
9-Dundee Utd 22
10-Hamilton 20
11-St Mirren 19
12-Kilmarnock 17

Don't know GD so Inverness-St.Johnston, Dundee-Motherwell is alphabetical.