Motherwell V Partick Thistle 23/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Well this one certainly did it's best to live up to it's pre-match billing of being the shitty game that everyone just wanted out the way.

In fairness I thought we had fairly decent opening and closing spells but not a huge amount in between. Could have won it, could have lost it, a draw probably fair.

Thistle perhaps had most chances, but most of them were from distance. The ones we had were closer to their goal and in a game with more importance attached to it our profligacy in front of goal would have irked much more.

There were more changes than I expected but it was good to see chances given to the likes of Watt, Thomas, Moore and Leitch.

Twardzik looked generally accomplished in goal, Watt impressed me both at full-back and in central defence and thought Leitch did well when he came on at half-time. Craig Moore battled hard but gave a performance eerily reminiscent of Bob McHugh and Dom was pretty anonymous too. But given it was their first starts in the first team for goodness knows how long I wouldn't be taking too much from just one game.

At least we didn't get beat. And it was quite sunny.

Now the broon pants stuff....

Dan looked assured today, but it wasn't exactly a pressure cooker atmosphere. Food for thought though

Watt was impressive, composed on the ball and passed it well. Next season will be his big chance.

Straker was laughably good at times- still a bombscare of a footballer though

Moore disappointed

Thomas lacks physique, but he can work on that

Crabswelll? Side to side to side , his race is run at Fir Park

Moore isn't sharp enough , or composed enough

Mr Ainsworth should be bossing a game like today, but sadly just didn't look arsed, must be a frustrating man to manage

This told us nothing about the play- off, not a single thing.

Maybe that's the masterplan?

I think Clubber Lang will start beside Mick. O'Brien is a bit basic

I think our best weapon will be the sheer smug assumptiveness emanating from Castle Greyskull.

They think it's done already. I fucking pray our lads are up for this. If they are we'll stay up.

Drove past JD's after the game and saw a guy with a walking stick fighting with some dude then a few others getting involved. Anyone know /see anything about it?

Apparently some wee dobber jumped over the fence into the beer garden, smashed a couple of glasses and was hunted. Don't think it really got as far as a fight.

No surprise at the squad rotation today - the main objective today was to prepare for the Play Off and that was the right thing to do. With as many as 7/8 of our starting line about to leave the club it was predictable they wouldn't put themselves about. I'd have liked to see one or two more young lads given some game time rather than journeymen on their way out. Twardzik had a reasonable game but proved he can't organise a defence. Straker played well as did Luke Watt. Dom Thomas underlined why he hasn't started more games this year and needs to put on a bit of solid beef over the summer - still an impact player. John Sutton looked like a fish out of water playing on his own up front although he missed one or two decent chances. Craig Moore - the lad was played out of position but did nothing. Today was a huge opportunity for him to stake a first team place but sadly did not look up to it - the next Bob McHugh?

To be fair, Moore was a doing well before his injury and had a good partnership with Erwin in the U20s. Unless there is something going on we don't know about, I think he's worth the risk of a preseason to see how he recovers.

To be fair, Moore was a doing well before his injury and had a good partnership with Erwin in the U20s. Unless there is something going on we don't know about, I think he's worth the risk of a preseason to see how he recovers.

He's played behind a lone striker a few times now and failed to make an impact each time. That just isn't his game and I was surprised he played there yesterday. In fairness to the lad he needs to play up front.

He's played behind a lone striker a few times now and failed to make an impact each time. That just isn't his game and I was surprised he played there yesterday. In fairness to the lad he needs to play up front.

I like to watch the players training especially shooting practice and Moore strikes the ball quite well and has one of the more accurate shots in the squad. After Ainsworth, Sutton and McDonald, he seems to hit the target more than most but I've not really been impressed with his play whenever I've seen him.

I think all the young boys showed yesterday why they haven't been given much of a chance this season.

Even in a meaningless game they were easily pushed off the ball at almost every attempt.

Laing in for obrein for me on Thursday.

Absolutely. Some of them need to put on some muscle and weight if they are to make an impact. Weight training during the summer!! When faddy went to Everton he must have put on about 2 stones in weight in a year.

Apparently some wee dobber jumped over the fence into the beer garden, smashed a couple of glasses and was hunted. Don't think it really got as far as a fight.

Nah it was a proper bit of old school setting about each other a few punches to the head then the boot going in while on the deck.. Happened in front of the church at the corner. Anyway sounds like you saw something different.