Season Tickets 2015/16 *** Topics Merged ***

Toxteth O'Grady

Don't see a thread on it so far, but see Season Ticket prices for 2015/16 are up on the official site.

Off the top of my head they seem pretty much the same as last year.

Given that many think Scottish football is overpriced when we're in the top flight , might this drive them away if we ain't ?

Imagine that I'll be in my usual seat in the Cooper come what may , what about the rest of you?

Hopefully my attempt at adding a link works!

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/05/19/201516-season-tickets-go-on-sale/

Edit: beaten by Toxteth while I typed, mods feel free to remove !

Also just realised that if we do drop down we will get 2 games less for our money with it being a ten team league , 36 vs 38 , although if the standard is the same as this year that could be a blessing .

Really couldn't believe my eyes with this. Clearly the shiny new Sales & Marketing team have no clue about timing. I appreciate their humour with the picture of Erwin though.

As I've said on Facebook, last season we were told that a modest increase in ST prices was required to maintain budgets and bring in the calibre of player that would have us keeping competing at the right end of the league. So before the club asks us to stick with them through thick and thin, at least come out and apologise for the monumental fuck up this season.

To rub salt into the wounds, this is what we get when we have a fan as Chairman of the club??Completely out of touch!

• Like 2

Anyone else think we are pricing 'young men' out of buying a ST.

I've had the free kids tickets in the Cooper for as long as they've been around. Now that my boy is hitting 16, he (or more likely me) is expected to fork out £185 to keep his life long seat in the Cooper. What's suddenly changed now that he will be 16? Earning a fortune... Nope still at school!

Doesn't work for me and could well price us out, especially if it's a lower league that's on offer.

Nice to see the new regime is bringing fresh ideas to Scottish football.

I don't really subscribe to paying less for watching First Division football, because the facilities will be the same as they've been this season and I go to watch my own team, not the opposition. However, what I think is relevant is the following:

1. There are less teams in the Championship, therefor a home league game less than this season.

2. With the inevitable falling crowds in both the home and away ends at Fir Park that relegation will bring, it seems only logical that there is likely to be more impromptu incentives to get bums on seats throughout the campaign.

3. The special vouchers (to the best of my knowledge) haven't been worth the paper they were printed on this season, yet are still being touted as a selling point for next term.

These three things for me devalue the ticket more than the quality of opposition. Having said that, I'll still be buying one but it does seem like the club are placing all their chips on the goodwill and loyalty of supporters which I would suggest is a very risky move at the end of a season when we've threw in money hand over fist every week to be consistently let down.

Still not convinced their will be any less away fans if we get relegated. Maybe the diddy cup will be included to make up less league games. Re special vouchers has anyone brought up any problems in using them?

Hibs will bring similar numbers to Dundee Utd. Morton will bring similar numbers to Dundee. Who will replace the numbers that Celtic and Aberdeen bring? I agree the rest will be much of a muchness but that's still a fairly hefty average drop. Arguably looking at the biggest stand in the ground being closed for three quarters of games.

Also just realised that if we do drop down we will get 2 games less for our money with it being a ten team league , 36 vs 38 , although if the standard is the same as this year that could be a blessing .

1 game less for your money. We don't play all our games at home.

(Although because of split, you could be 19-19, 18-20 or 20-18)

I'm not renewing until I know what league we're in. If we stay up then I'll renew at this price simply due to value for money.

I suspect our PATG prices will be cheaper within the Championship so (unless we revise the ST price upon learning our fate) I'll pick my games and PATG.

I've only made 3 games this season despite having a ST. I don't mind missing games but I do mind paying over the odds for anything.

I'm not renewing until I know what league we're in. If we stay up then I'll renew at this price simply due to value for money.

I suspect our PATG prices will be cheaper within the Championship so (unless we revise the ST price upon learning our fate) I'll pick my games and PATG.

I've only made 3 games this season despite having a ST. I don't mind missing games but I do mind paying over the odds for anything.

I have long since given up equating watching Motherwell with value for money. More so the extras such as hospitality etc.

Many is the time I have been let down by average food, average service and just a general failure around what constitutes good customer service on many occasions.

But I will keep going back because it is my passion - my ability to get way from pressures at work, even this season !

That is why most of us go back.

I am happy to pay the season ticket prices for next season regardless what division we are in. If we do drop a division, then the club will need our support even more so.

• Like 3

With the exception of Celtic, Aberdeen and maybe the Dundee clubs, we'll not be playing against clubs that much smaller next season should we go down. I suspect geography might actually do us a favour in this situation as Hibs/Rangers, Falkirk, Morton and St Mirren will bring more than Ross County, ICT and St Johnstone. And should we go down, it's not as if we'll be watching (with the greatest respect) Albion Rovers, Queens Park or Berwick Rangers. A lot of sides in the Championship are of a size comparable to some in the SPL. An exciting league beckons if we go down. Might be more worth the money than this season...

I was at the q&a tonight and asked the question about season tickets priceing why it will be the same price in the championship as it would be in the spl.i said that i may not have the funds to buy a season ticket and thought it may be cheaper if we get relegated.

Les hutchinson responce was " dont buy 1 then in a really cheeky way and tone.

If that is the attitude of the chairman towards fans who may not make alot of money then its nothibg short of shocking.he should be doing all he can to help fans not give cheeky answers.

I was at the q&a tonight and asked the question about season tickets priceing why it will be the same price in the championship as it would be in the spl.i said that i may not have the funds to buy a season ticket and thought it may be cheaper if we get relegated.

Les hutchinson responce was " dont buy 1 then in a really cheeky way and tone.

If that is the attitude of the chairman towards fans who may not make alot of money then its nothibg short of shocking.he should be doing all he can to help fans not give cheeky answers.

I saw that on twitter. Not very diplomatic or clever. I suspect he likes most of us gets a bit pissed off with all the negativity. I am sure he thought he would be welcomed with open arms and that there would be no or little criticism. He obviously did not reckon on the likes of Milo and MJC ......

Still as you said - not the best of responses.

Our PATG prices will have to stay rational to our ST prices, and prices for away fans will have to stay rational to those in turn.

So Falkirk/Morton/Hibs or Rangers may well take decent crowds to away games, but Fir Park won't be one of them if we're a minimum of a fiver dearer than everywhere else.

Was going to buy a season ticket, but that email irked me somewhat.

Realistically I can only make around 60% of the home games. If there's no reasonable price change for the inevitable relegation, then, frankly, they can just take the piss for the games I can attend. Sod giving a lump sum at the start. I'll overpay for what I can attend.

And that's speaking as a season ticket holder of 15 years, despite 3 years of uncertain Saturday attendance

Really illogical finalising ticket prices before we know what division we are in. Suprised at this given the people in charge of the club.

As others have mentioned, this could spectacularly back fire in we are relegated in terms of season ticket sales, PATG sales and away fans sales.

Think they have to reduce them if we are a Championship side next year. Especially given their justification for price hike last year and how that has backfired, think keeping the loyal fans on side sould be a priority here.

St Midden's early bird offer for an adult seat in any stand is £275.

£20 cheaper than our East Stand,

£39 cheaper than our Cooper and

£124 cheaper than our POD.

As much as I hate St Mirren, I think they're sensibly pricing their tickets for next season.