Season Tickets 2015/16 *** Topics Merged ***

Toxteth O'Grady

I was at the q&a tonight and asked the question about season tickets priceing why it will be the same price in the championship as it would be in the spl.i said that i may not have the funds to buy a season ticket and thought it may be cheaper if we get relegated.Les hutchinson responce was " dont buy 1 then in a really cheeky way and tone.If that is the attitude of the chairman towards fans who may not make alot of money then its nothibg short of shocking.he should be doing all he can to help fans not give cheeky answers.

. Sorry mate he gave you a straight answer to your question , i cant remember you saying you were skint tho . Cheeky and straight forward can be confusing. Get over it

St Midden's early bird offer for an adult seat in any stand is £275.

£20 cheaper than our East Stand,

£39 cheaper than our Cooper and

£124 cheaper than our POD.

As much as I hate St Mirren, I think they're sensibly pricing their tickets for next season.

But they have to watch St Mirren all year

Slightly disappointed at the season ticket prices, I felt they could have made a token reduction to make the cheapest adult ticket sub £300 without the early bird discount, given the possibility of relegation, 1 less home match, the whole play off match price saga and the fact that season tickets jumped in price last season by effectively £50 with out much reward for the fans.

However if we go down to the Championship we'll still need a Premiership level budget to have any chance of getting back out of it so I wasn't expecting a huge decrease.

Will renew of course but it's slightly bizarre that fans will effectively be paying an increase for relegation while it stays the same if we keep a place at a higher level.

Agree with that.The fans keep the club going and i'm sure 'nellies' wasn't the only one who's a bit pissed off with the pricing so if everybody takes him up on that 'don't buy one then' we'll be in admin next season.Terrible attitude in my opinion.

I share the surprise/disappointment that prices won't be reduced if we go down, but taking the question at face value, what is the new owner supposed to say?

The reality is, regardless of what league we are in, if you can't afford a season ticket, you don't buy one. Perhaps Les was a bit blunt with the answer, but the answer was a common sense reply none the less.

I was there last night and while it might sound bad from what some have said it didn't come across to me in that way. He could have sugar coated the reply and come out with some bullshit but what else do want him to say. As with everything in life if you can't afford it you don't buy it.

I guess that he hasn't managed to make a few million quid in his business life by beating about the bush.

I saw that on twitter. Not very diplomatic or clever. I suspect he likes most of us gets a bit pissed off with all the negativity. I am sure he thought he would be welcomed with open arms and that there would be no or little criticism. He obviously did not reckon on the likes of Milo and MJC ......

Still as you said - not the best of responses.

Had a wee laugh at that!

Where have I criticised the owner?

Any word on the club continuing the flexi-pass thing the've been doing of late? Surely that's a better option for those who may find themselves working shifts or whatever.

Hopefully...works out cheaper than an 18 game home season ticket if we go down (well you can only buy a 10 and then a 5 but you get the idea) :ph34r:

Any word on the club continuing the flexi-pass thing the've been doing of late? Surely that's a better option for those who may find themselves working shifts or whatever.

i put this to alan burrows on twitter today and he said they will look at it in august but that there wasnt great interest in it this season

i put this to alan burrows on twitter today and he said they will look at it in august but that there wasnt great interest in it this season

I don't think they'd want to advertise it at the same time as season tickets.

Most folk will miss a few games, so this is a cheaper option.

They will start punting these 5 games into the season for those that didn't buy a ST I'd guess.

I was there last night and while it might sound bad from what some have said it didn't come across to me in that way. He could have sugar coated the reply and come out with some bullshit but what else do want him to say. As with everything in life if you can't afford it you don't buy it.

I guess that he hasn't managed to make a few million quid in his business life by beating about the bush.

Without hearing the tone of the question and the tone of the response it does sound bad, but perhaps wasnt intended as some interpreted it, or was perhaps in response to the tone/direction of the conversation.

(Les perhaps felt he wasn't there to deal with nags and complaints of that nature, and was hoping to speak about the bigger picture...)

Mr Hutchison seems to have ruffled a few feathers with his approach to ST pricing.

I'm afraid knock down ticket prices will deplete resources and the quality of player will suffer.

Not pleasant to be faced with the stark facts but better than wishing for Harrods products on Aldi wages... Time to wake up and smell the coffee

I'll renew happily, in it for the long times, not just the good times

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Renewed ours on the phone 2 June. Took more than a week for the dosh to come out my account. Another week later I get our renewal letter- wasted postage fee. Still no actual season tickets through though. Joined up thinking please?

Effort/time to go through a list and compare who has already renewed then scoring them out or lifting them from a pile vs. Just firing them all out so people don't complain they don't get the renewal. The money lost will be negligible over the piece.

For what it's worth I renewed mine a few days before and haven't got the renewal. So thats a quid saved.

Effort/time to go through a list and compare who has already renewed then scoring them out or lifting them from a pile vs. Just firing them all out so people don't complain they don't get the renewal. The money lost will be negligible over the piece.

For what it's worth I renewed mine a few days before and haven't got the renewal. So thats a quid saved.

No such thing as a negligible saving , sell the Commodore 64 and use a spreadsheet , already renewed?click Yes . Check list for Not Renewed. print labels- post accordingly . Simples...

Imo the club policy should just be an up to date email address for us and a giant mailing list for them. If you don't keep them in the loop with your email, expect to loose your seat come renewal time.

A weekly reminder email about the early bird discount should have most renewed promptly enough. Once the renewals completed, drop the name from the mailshot.

It's not hard, puts the liability on us to avoid complaints (against the club) and saves the cost of the paper/postage/manpower required for renewal packs.

From what they said in one of the Q&As, that is the kind of thing they are working towards, but they have a number of different databases that have been used over the years and it's a fairly large job to consolidate them into a single list.

I'm sure once they manage that, a subscription to MailChimp will do the job.