Q&a Event 19/05/2015

dosser1886

I heard from someone who was in the next room to the meeting ,that thought he heard from his uncle who was nearly in the meeting but was a bit late so made it up, and was tweeting back to me live !!! And i was totally offended, Gie us a break worse than wee sweetie wifes

• Like 2

barraclough should have been made to answer the question about why the players have failed to perform in the last 3 away games but hutchison's response of "the players were wound up as tight as a screw,so determined to win the couldn't play" was nonsense and it doesn't bode well for the playoff if that's the case.

barraclough should have been made to answer the question about why the players have failed to perform in the last 3 away games but hutchison's response of "the players were wound up as tight as a screw,so determined to win the couldn't play" was nonsense and it doesn't bode well for the playoff if that's the case.

Why do you think that is nonsense?

Obviously Baraclough had them wound up so much McDonald started swearing a random weans, McManus almost got himself sent off, McDonald did get himself send off, and the rest of the time decided to head straight for the team bus at five past 3.

Superb.

• Like 1

Players at every level of football perform or don't perform under pressure every season. A lot being at stake doesn't justify not turning up.

Not sure what your angle is there. The players didn't perform under pressure and Les Hutchison thinks it's because they were so determined to win. It's not hard to imagine that being the case. Appearing calm while playing shite doesn't mean the player doesn't care.

Pressure leads to bad decision making and poor football. Yep, might be interpreted by some as 'not turning up', but probably only by those who think determination manifests itself in 60 yard sprints back to do big mad mental slide tackles or players punching holes in the tunnel to psych themselves up before the game.

A side note - if that's what Les Hutchison thinks is going on with the team then he needs to lay that right at Baraclough's door. He's the manager, he's the one responsible for managing the mentality of the team.

I think we need to keep an eye on Mr. Hutchison. He came out with some blatant porkies in the Radio Clyde interview and it seems like some of his responses last night weren't very adequate or led to further questions.

Telling fans not to buy a season ticket if they have a price gripe, not allowing Baraclough to take questions, expecting 2,000 WS patrons to pay in every month, picking up at least £1,000,000 debt repayment when he leaves.

I'd be would be worried about all of those.

I've always been a Saturday fan and not really got involved in the running of the club but I think more and more I feel like I have a duty to protect the club from the people in charge.

If Motherwell FC has to find a different level of football with lower budgets I'm happy with that as long as we have a well run club. What I'm not happy about is being constantly emotionally extorted to put more and more money into a club that seems incapable of turning out even accounts, never mind modest profits.

I think I speak for many fans by saying that despite not being rich by any matter of means, I put all I can into a club I love, but I cannot put in anymore. Maybe it's this constant grasping for money from a small fan base that has turned so many away.

Hutchison says he is going to employ more marketing staff. I'll be interested to see how they are utilised.

• Like 2

I think we need to keep an eye on Mr. Hutchison. He came out with some blatant porkies in the Radio Clyde interview and it seems like some of his responses last night weren't very adequate or led to further questions.

Telling fans not to buy a season ticket if they have a price gripe, not allowing Baraclough to take questions, expecting 2,000 WS patrons to pay in every month, picking up at least £1,000,000 debt repayment when he leaves.

I've always been a Saturday fan and not really got involved in the running of the club but I think more and more I feel like I have a duty to protect the club from the people in charge.

If Motherwell FC has to find a different level of football with lower budgets I'm happy with that as long as we have a well run club. What I'm not happy about is being constantly emotionally extorted to put more and more money into a club that seems incapable of turning out even accounts, never mind modest profits.

I think I speak for many fans by saying that despite not being rich by any matter of means, I put all I can into a club I love, but I cannot put in anymore. Maybe it's this constant grasping for money from a small fan base that has turned so many away.

Hutchison says he is going to employ more marketing staff. I'll be interested to see how they are utilised.

Don't agree on much recently YB but I'm 100% with you on this!!

TBF, Baraclough wasn't even meant to be there. This was set up as a Les Q&A, although I believe the gaffer was chatting to fans later in the evening.

I have no idea what the solution to funding a club like ours is other than finding someone like the current owner who wants to give away his money rather than lend it. The SFA and SPFL are incapable of generating anything extra on our behalf, so it's up to the club. It's all very well saying we'd accept a lower standard, but we have a lower standard this season and nobody's accepting it.

Same when we say we want to see the youngsters given a chance, and then moan when they don't play to a consistent level.

If there was a simple answer, there would be a hundred clubs around the UK queuing up to implement it. I'm just glad it wasn't a South American consortium.

Hold on a minute did you not hear what he said last night . He put in money ,twice, to keep the club afloat makng a total £ 1,000,000 . Intrest free until we can pay it back .Budge at Hearts is charging them 6% intrest on her money and a big fat wage as well I suspect We have a businessman at the top now and a very successful one at that. Why not let him get on with it and see what happens

• Like 1

If a lower budget that matched our resources meant a lower standard so be it.

People aren't happy now because we have a lower standard despite having a higher budget than many teams in the league and massive amounts of money are disappearing out the club to the likes of Nielsen, Vigurs, Lawson, Cummins and McHugh who give us zero return and others such as McManus, Straker, O'Brien and Law who are doing their best to get us relegated.

Being there, I'm entirely certain the actual questioning was along the lines of:

Q: "Do you think that is fair though? Some people just can't afford to keep putting so much money into the club."

A fair point but I dislike these "questions" with a passion. I think those in attendance would have fallen off their chairs if Les Hutchison had said "Yes I think its unfair". What answer was the questioner expecting? Its akin to the radio pundit asking a manager after a defeat if he was disappointed with the result.

• Like 2

Re the money on your post, he's only looking for what he has put in back , interest free, after 5 years, hardly unreasonable.Hopefully he doesn't read this forum or he might wonder what the hell he has done

Re he 2000 members of ws, what's wrong with setting targets , he did mention about preparing to fail, that's what some are already doing

I accept he could have worded his reply about the St prices better but when you are under the spotlight for a couple of hours like that, there are always going to be a couple of answers people will dissect

Let's back the guy until we really have something to worry about

• Like 1

I might be off the mark here, and sound like a Tory, but is the cost of the season tickets really that bad? A night out in town now is about £60 minimum. It. costs me £30 a week just to get in and put of work. Comparatively is it that bad? I'm genuinely asking the question rather than saying it's not.

If it is to be the 1st division this year then it could be as entertaining and competitive as the premier, you are going to have hibs(probably), St mirren , Falkirk, Morton, queen of the South , mfc(possibly)

As les said if you can't afford a St , don't get one, pick and choose your games

If we are in the premier then the people who said at the meeting they can't afford a St for the 1st division have got a choice to make

I might be off the mark here, and sound like a Tory, but is the cost of the season tickets really that bad? A night out in town now is about £60 minimum. It. costs me £30 a week just to get in and put of work. Comparatively is it that bad? I'm genuinely asking the question rather than saying it's not.

Good post. Its relative of course to your income and assets. How many pints of beer of packets of fags can you buy for a season ticket - genuinely don't know? Cost of tickets for concerts?

• Like 1

How many pints of beer of packets of fags can you buy for a season ticket - genuinely don't know? Cost of tickets for concerts?

Problem is, you really need plenty of beer (and nicotine!) in your body to watch Motherwell at the minute!