Q&a Event 19/05/2015

dosser1886

Hold on a minute did you not hear what he said last night . He put in money ,twice, to keep the club afloat makng a total £ 1,000,000 . Intrest free until we can pay it back .Budge at Hearts is charging them 6% intrest on her money and a big fat wage as well I suspect We have a businessman at the top now and a very successful one at that. Why not let him get on with it and see what happens

Exactly this

The guy has been clear from the offset the money he puts in is with the view of making the club self sustaining in 5 years. To his credit he has fired in a million and not expecting any interest on that. The club have to pay it back to him, hopefully within 5 years as per his original deal.

He is setting us up to succeed long term and only been here since February! We won't get a much better deal with an owner than that other than someone giving us a blank chequebook and heading back to Barbados!

I am sure the business plan will be adjusted if they realise it's not going to succeed but the hard talking, for me, is needed to try and make some people realise the situation we are in as a club and that this isn't free money that will keep being dripfed to us. Yes, the season ticket comment was maybe a little ill judged/cheeky but at the end of the day there is a balance to be struck between forecasting who will buy a ticket at the same price v lowering it and not getting many more than if we didn't v long term view of increasing fanbase. Proof will be in the pudding I guess.

• Like 2

I might be off the mark here, and sound like a Tory, but is the cost of the season tickets really that bad? A night out in town now is about £60 minimum. It. costs me £30 a week just to get in and put of work. Comparatively is it that bad? I'm genuinely asking the question rather than saying it's not.

Fair point. The figure most folk trot out as being a fair price for Scottish football is £15 a game. An early bird east stand ticket will get you in at just over £16 a game if we're in the Championship (18 games), and a bit less if we're in the Premiership. Even the standard cooper ticket works out at £18.33 a game if we're in the championship (again, a bit less if we stay up). Where it gets pricey is in the POD, but the alternatives are there.

I don't think too many would say those prices are extortionate regardless of what league we are in.

• Like 1

Why should I pay the same price ,say motherwell v Aberdeen £24 .And I pay £24 to watch Motherwell v Dumbarton ?

Why should you not pay £24 for Motherwell vs Falkirk and pay £24 for Motherwell vs Ross County?

See what I did there? Other than a couple of teams, most of the teams in the Championship could be SPL sides. Most have been at some point. Is there that much difference between St Johnstone and Raith Rovers? Falkirk and Ross County? St Mirren and Partick Thistle..?

If it is to be the 1st division this year then it could be as entertaining and competitive as the premier, you are going to have hibs(probably), St mirren , Falkirk, Morton, queen of the South , mfc(possibly)

As les said if you can't afford a St , don't get one, pick and choose your games

If we are in the premier then the people who said at the meeting they can't afford a St for the 1st division have got a choice to make

The difference in Championship gate prices isn't vastly different from Premiership the only quibble is less games.

if we go down there is no chance we will come straight back up

If anyone thinks the youngsters on the fringes of the team (Thomas excluded probably) are any better than seasoned pros towards the top of the championship then they are deluded

Seeing as we'll have the second biggest budget in the league if we go down, I'd expect us to try and, y'know,sign players .