Skippy's Red Card Has Been Overturned

David

Some good news at last!

Motherwell FC is pleased to confirm the appeal to overturn Scott McDonald’s red card has been successful.

The former Aussie International was ordered off against St Mirren last weekend after match referee Brian Colvin, taking advice from his colleagues, adjudged him to have clashed with Saints’ Thomas Reilly.

Television replays appeared to indicate the match officials had made an error and after a hearing of the Judicial Panel at a Fast Track Tribunal hearing at Hampden Park this morning, the card was reduced to a yellow.

McDonald said: “I’ll be honest, I’ve been devastated since it happened. I couldn’t believe the ref brandished the red card, as I genuinely didn’t think I had made any contact.

“The officials made a decision and I was angry with them at the time. I know they’ve only got a split second to make the call but I’m glad they’ve seen it for what it really was.

“All my focus is now on trying everything I can to keep Motherwell in the SPFL Premiership.”

General Manager Alan Burrows added: “I would like to once again thank the Compliance Officer Tony McGlennan and his staff for arranging the hearing so swiftly along with the members of the panel who sat and considered our case.

“It’s another satisfying conclusion, similar to our McManus appeal last January and Scott can now fully focus on some big games for the club over the next ten days.”

• Like 1