The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Just had a look on a couple of Rangers forums and quite a few of them are already getting tickets for the home stands, mostly the pod it looks like.Sorry but if there's crowd trouble on Sunday which I fully expect there will be then questions have to be asked about how they've found it so easy to get what could be a few hundred at least in our end.

Reckon it will be a lot more than that - simplest solution would have been to restrict ticket sales to Season Ticket holders only (therefore self-policing the distribution), similar to the cup final and before the PATG punters get their hackles up, I'd bet everyone who wanted a ticket and was a genuine 'well supporter would have got one through that method.

Like MelvinBragg earlier, I'm seriously considering whether it is reasonable to take my 10 year-old grandson due to this situation.

Previously having some of their lot in our end wouldn't have bothered me that much. Far from ideal but part and parcel of living in the West of Scotland.

Problem now is that my eight year old has been to around 60 games in the last four seasons and is now really getting into it. And now I'm wary of taking him to the game on Sunday (our biggest for god knows how long) for fear of there being bother in the East Stand. Try explaining that to an eight year old...

Same with my 6 year old.

I went with they sing bad songs & we don't like them.

Seemed to work. Your 8 year old might be trickier tho ha ha

Becoming concerned I may not even be able to get a ticket, as I have said in a previous post, I don't get paid till Thursday and I'm working all that day so won't even be able to get a ticket then. The club should have limited the tickets to people that have previously purchased them.

Becoming concerned I may not even be able to get a ticket, as I have said in a previous post, I don't get paid till Thursday and I'm working all that day so won't even be able to get a ticket then. The club should have limited the tickets to people that have previously purchased them.

Eh? Why should they? Especially, if you can't even pick one up when you've been paid! Suspect anybody who wants a ticket will get one with ease.

We're getting fuckin' pumped.

See if it wasn't rangers, with all of their baggage and it was some random team who happened to finish third in the second tier of Scottish football, would you really be saying that??

Lets hope our players are not as big shitebags. Aside from Lasley, Hammill and Sutton, most of our team wont have the experience of being regularly hammered by this mob. You can also bet that Skippy, Pearo and McManus wont be in any mood to lie down to them.

Eh? Why should they? Especially, if you can't even pick one up when you've been paid! Suspect anybody who wants a ticket will get one with ease.

I'm getting a feeling that tickets will become rare as the week progresses, especially if Thursday night doesn't go well.

It's a real dilemma for me. I'm away with the Mrs this weekend, but "could" make it to Motherwell for 3pm on Sunday - lot of hassle involved, but definitely possible. On one side, I want to go and support my team and if we get the result it will be one of the best feelings in all my years of being a Motherwell fan.

On the other, if we lose and the potential for bother with the orcs infiltrating all our own stands would make it the worst experience ever for me.

If I don't go and we get the win I'll be gutted I've missed it.

guys this has been a pish season lets face it but lets also not forget that rangers have had a pish season.

they finished 3rd in the championship.

their team should be ashamed of that fact.

why should we fear this team in the slightest, i have had tears of laughter and disbelief in my eyes watching some of their results come in on a saturday at 4:45 against apparently totally inferior teams.

lets get right behind OUR team and hope that the good guys bottles dont crash.

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no point in saying that we can't win, as poor as we have been this season Rangers have been much worse. Zaliuskas, McGregor, Nicky Clark, Foster, Shiels. These guys don't become superstars because they are wearing Rangers shirts. They are still pish and McCulloch, Miller and Boyd are past it.

We do have a terrible record against Rangers but that only effects two of our players and i'm confident that Lasley and Hammell will step up. If we can cut out the individual errors and defensive shambles that have plagued our season we should be able to beat them as we will score. It's sad to say but McManus is probably our biggest player over these two games, if he steps up and gives us two solid performances we will be in a strong position.

• Like 1

Should we not get 5% of the tickets for away grounds?

If this is the case then we are entitled to 2600 tickets at ibrox.

I phoned the motherwell ticket office and rangers have sent nothing out and only want to send 900 to us.motherwell arent happy so are negotiating

I phoned the motherwell ticket office and rangers have sent nothing out and only want to send 900 to us.motherwell arent happy so are negotiating

5% is in the Scottish Cup.

To be honest they are not that good, however, we have faced a lot of not so good sides over the season and got beat. We need to remember that they are no longer the force that they once were, however, the one thing they do still have in their favour is that large, very vocal fan base. That huge support can be intimidating for opposition teams and it will be important to silence them early on. In my opinion Hibernian had the right idea of restricting the number of tickets available to away fans, and I am saddened, although not surprised that we have not done likewise. I will be extremely disappointed if we are still not in the tie after Thursdays game, although as Hibernian proved you can not afford to gift them a two goal lead going into the second leg. This first game is all about mental strength and we need to keep reminding ourselves that they have no better players than us, or any other premiership side out with Celtic. We can do it, however, to achieve it we need to exorcise the demons of the previous Ibrox regimes. If we are still in the tie after Thursday, I am hopeful that we will narrowly beat them at Fir Park to retain our premiership status. #COYW

I'd love the club to only release 900 to Rangers if that's the case. The only dilema, apart from the financial hit, is that it will absolutely guarantee they'll pack a few thousand into the home ends.

Give the feckers the minimum allocation of tickets that we have to under the rules, and forget about the money we need every advantage we can get. This will be Skippy Sunday all over again and seeing their greeting faces when we win and keep them down will be a great end to a shit season. Siwy

Good to see the club adopting a policy of only selling to people who have purchased from us before.

Seen a few obvious rangers fans leaving unhappy when I was there.

Are they actually doing this? I had heard Rangers fans were getting tickets in the home end no problem.

Are they actually doing this? I had heard Rangers fans were getting tickets in the home end no problem.

Yup, seen plenty online saying they've purchased loads for home stands, Main Stand seems to be their preferred choice. It's going to be horrible, can imagine there'll be a few battles on Sunday.

Hope the police and stewards just haul them out if they make themselves known at any point. Rangers are taking the piss with tickets. Give them the same ratio, roughly 280 tickets. Potential to make more money if we stay up, so take the gamble and miss out on income from 1 match. Bigger gates against Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts then Hibs, St Mirren and Falkirk

Happened to a couple of people when I was there. People are being asked if they had purchased from us before and turned away if not.

Only downside is that rangers fans' details may be on the system from purchasing away end tickets before.

I'd be wary of believing everything posted on a Rangefs forum....

Just to add to a point agreed by every fan I have spoken to, and the supporter in here - if Rangers only intend to give us 900 tickets despite failing to sell out Ibrox in the previous round (and all year), we should simply match whatever allocation they give us. If they give us 900, they should get 900 seats in the South, and no more. We need to be standing up to Rangers at every level in this tie, on and off the park.

The fact that it also takes the noise out of their support at Fir Park is a bonus, particularly in a once in a generation game. But I would not use this as justification. It is clearly not healthy for football if clubs start avoiding large away support in games they consider more important than the financial value of the away gate. How would be have reacted if Hamilton or Partick had only allowed us 300 tickets for the recent away games to avoid our traveling support in crunch games - it's akin to Hibs and co banning the drum.

By matching the allocation they give us we would retain the moral high ground and be in a position to present a clear cohesive public statement. Of course there will be heat in the media, who want both a full house and a Rangers victory - but that is not important at this point and the club would have the backing of the vast majority of its support.

Hope the police and stewards just haul them out if they make themselves known at any point. Rangers are taking the piss with tickets. Give them the same ratio, roughly 280 tickets. Potential to make more money if we stay up, so take the gamble and miss out on income from 1 match. Bigger gates against Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts then Hibs, St Mirren and Falkirk

I love your optimism, Police and stewards taking positive action against old firm supporters, aye right I won't be holding my breath waiting for that.

• Andy_P unlocked this topic