The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Hope the police and stewards just haul them out if they make themselves known at any point. Rangers are taking the piss with tickets. Give them the same ratio, roughly 280 tickets. Potential to make more money if we stay up, so take the gamble and miss out on income from 1 match. Bigger gates against Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts then Hibs, St Mirren and Falkirk

Theres no chance of the Police or stewards taking action against interlopers. Cast your mind back to Helicopter Sunday - pre match the Police issued dire warnings to Celtic fans that they'd be hung drawn and quartered if they got into our stands. In the event they refused to take any action whatsoever.

In terms of money we could easily cut Rangers allocation without much financial loss. Say we give Rangers 280 tickets - thats 4520 tickets less than the South Stand holds. 4,520 tickets at say £8 each = £36,160 gross income. Off that George Osborne will siphon off £7,232 leaving £28,928. That then gets split 2 ways with us receiving a mere £14,464 possibly before costs are taken into account.

I love your optimism, Police and stewards taking positive action against old firm supporters, aye right I won't be holding my breath waiting for that.

It should be different when they're actually in the home stands especially if it's small pockets of them.I'd expect this to be the most policed game at FP since that Celtic game.

In terms of lost revenue, it's not disastrous. Easily made up with the traveling Celtic support next season. Don't like the idea of a stand being basically empty, but we can't give into their bully boy tactics. The we are Rangers and we do what we want attitude.

As previous posts have said I really do hope the club aren't bowing to the demands of this horrible club. If they are refusing to budge on our allocation then I'd cut there's. This is why I didn't understand the club brandishing about the 4800 figure for away fans figure before we even knew our opponents. This should have been kept quiet until negotiations had started with sevco. Give them 950 of whatever they give us. And I don't buy into the theory that it will hurt us financially either. This is a game we wouldn't have budgeted for. It's also a game that we wanted to allow season ticket holders in for free. So in that sense you around 3000(just a guess) paying customers that we didn't expect to have, throw in the 950 away fans and it's not that much of a difference. Also less away fans means less stewarding and policing.

• Like 1

Looks like the club are playing hardball by not releasing Rangers allocation until they know how many we are getting at Ibrox. Decision seems to have been made recently to only sell to 'registered' 'well fans to deal with them flooding the home stands if we give them an equally shit allocation.

I could almost understand Rangers' point if they had filled Ibrox against Hibs, but to allocate 950 to them and still have 10'000 empty seats was a piss poor show even by their standards.

I would not give them the entire way end. Give them half of that and sit them at the back of the stand. Still nearly 2500 tickets

If what I am reading on here is correct and the ticket staff are only selling home end tickets to those whose details they have on file and who have bought tickets before, then that should minimise the issues. Of course Rangers fans will have tickets for the home end. But stick to that policy and it should be a few hundred at most.

I like most on here do not think that this Rangers side are anything special. If we can keep the Heid and play well at Ibrox we should have something to play for in the 2nd leg. I still worry about the Manager and his ability to get the players motivated and organised for the 1st leg. It may annoy a few on here but having 3 ex Celtic playersin Pearson, Skippy and McManus may well help. McManus said after the game on Saturday he will be bursting a gut to beat Sevco

• Like 1

BBC report is nice to read that Skippy isn't as much of a shitehawk as some of our fans!

Experienced striker Scott McDonald was also given a weekend break, watching the Thistle game from the dugout.
"It's the one I wanted," said the former Celtic player. "I'm thoroughly looking forward to it.
"I've not played in anything as big as this for a long time and I relish the challenge."
Thats the sort of attitude we need!

The club have a responsibility to the home support. They should not be selling tickets to anyone who is not on their system.

I hope someone at the club is reading this or someone is having s word with Alan Burrows right now.

I have just seen Neil McCann state on Sky Sports that Rangers will win - with no caveat on how we play. Almost as if it is not worth us turning up. Cm on Motherwell. It could be a Carlsberg moment none of us will forget. That is what is at stake.

Rangers fans over on FF claiming they have purchased no problem. one guy said he was asked his postcode. When he gave a Glasgow one he was still sold the tickets, but told he would be ejected from the ground if turns out he's a rangers fan.

Asking for a postcode..a real secure way of selling tickets and combined with the empty threat of being ejected the travelling orcs will no doubt be too scared to buy a ticket for the home end.

Rangers fans over on FF claiming they have purchased no problem. one guy said he was asked his postcode. When he gave a Glasgow one he was still sold the tickets, but told he would be ejected from the ground if turns out he's a rangers fan.

Might have got them on Saturday? Reports are folk being turned away today if not on the system.

Mate, his nose will get bigger! It's nothing to do with postcodes... Fully expect our support to stand as tall as we did that Sunday 10 years passed!

Just tried to phone to order tickets there just now.

Her: "Hi sir are your a season ticket holder"

Me: "No I'm not"

Her: "Well I'm afraid I can't sell you tickets today as the ticket office is too busy, phone back tomorrow"

Well done Motherwell, biggest game for the last few years and the ticket office is too busy to buy tickets. Why advertise them as available over the phone if they are not?

• Andy_P unlocked this topic