The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Keith on sportsound just now - was hoping he'd set the record straight in the clubs rationale behind the decision however he doesn't sound clear on why this decision's been made. Poor show imo.

Can't see it happening but ideally we'll sell enough to open one of the away stand tiers to Motherwell fans - that would justify this decision in many other ways however that may depend on the result at Ibrox.

Club are working beyond their means to try and give us every opportunity.

Only two ways I can think of supporting them beyond the usual is:

back the society,

and

buy a few extra tickets for the Fir Park game,

at only a fiver or tenner, I reckon I'll buy an extra for every one I am getting for our group.

thousands of empty seats in the Cooper, if every group can get an extra couple, there will be plenty available to share with any fan wanting one,

if anything, it'll mean i have line of sight, to, any of them, that manage to get in to our end, near me and the kids

• Like 1

Tried phoning to get tickets for the home game but was told unless I was a season ticket holder I wouldn't be served today. I live in Fife, I'm not a season ticket holder, not a member of the well society either- getting worried! How do you get on the database? I've bought tickets from the office this season, does that qualify?

My dad was at fir park today, queued for over an hour got home tickets sorted. Asked about away tickets and was told no details yet. By the time he got home to stirling and got round to checking website it was too late in the day to head back to motherwell. Pretty frustrating - he tried calling but told to try calling back tomorrow. Any well fans in the stirling area planning on watching at the pub Thursday? Got a feeling there all going to be hoaching with rangers fans.

I'm thinking of taking my 6 year old son, but having major second thoughts.

Could be a powderkeg, and might be better watching on the tv, but on the other hand it could be the biggest game I've ever seen as a well fan...

Need advice!

I'm thinking of taking my 6 year old son, but having major second thoughts.

Could be a powderkeg, and might be better watching on the tv, but on the other hand it could be the biggest game I've ever seen as a well fan...

Need advice!

Leave the wean in the house and get the steel toecapped boots looked out...it might get a bit pwoppa naughty

• Like 1

If you don't go and we win, you will never forgive yourself.

In terms of those worried about the st or Well Society thing, as long as you have previously bought a ticket (eg for a European game or cup game etc) you'll be fine.

My auld man kept me back from the 3-0 in 91, it still wrinkles with him.

I know it wasn't the case with Skippy Sunday but I'd like to think the Cooper will be a safe enough bet for families. There will be plenty young ones in there. In terms of getting away from game safely, Rangers fans will be kept in for a while.

Ideally they'll be seated in the top tier of the south stand and the bottom tier will lie empty as there will no doubt be some amount of missiles being thrown down by the utter cretins in their support to those below, if any.

This will piss them off even more, fuck them. Well done to Motherwell for standing up to the bastards. Mon the well!

I see this a bit differently! Have the club stood up to Rangers? Why then if we have a smaller ground are they getting more tickets for FP than we are for Ibrox? Should have given them 2% of FP the same as we are getting at Ibrox. And why the hell were the Ibrox tickets not sold to season ticket holders first?

Was there not a lot of celtic fans I. The Cooper on skimpy Sunday? I remember the highlights and looked like about a third of the fans were celtic.

That's my recollection too. Surely different this time with the ticketing safeguards in place. If there's going to be a stand with plenty kids in it, it will be the Cooper.

Its been nearly 13 years since we beat this mob,that should be all the incentive the team needs to feckin get right in about them from the start. Forget about how many of the feckers get home end tickets the more of their greeting faces I see when we pump them the better. Siwy

I see this a bit differently! Have the club stood up to Rangers? Why then if we have a smaller ground are they getting more tickets for FP than we are for Ibrox? Should have given them 2% of FP the same as we are getting at Ibrox. And why the hell were the Ibrox tickets not sold to season ticket holders first?

Flow said if they sold them from this morning they would've been but it was too late in the day due to Rangers' delaying the release.

Season ticket holders should have got first dibs today and tomorrow and they would most likely have bought them all, if not they could have gone on sale to others on the database Wed & Thu. Seriously considering chucking it over this whole episode, clubs wanting empty seats rather than selling them to fans who want to see their team allied to not looking after season ticket holders first (the lifeblood of the club after all). A terrible season heading all over the country watching us play poorly ends with me missing the biggest game of the season because I didn't happen to be close to Fir Park at 3:30pm on a bank holiday Monday afternoon? WTF..........Scottish football again a bloody shambles (admittedly not all Motherwell's fault) but a bloody shambles all the same, yet I'm expect to come back with 6/7 hundred quid next season for my season ticket and away games? I'd need to be a mug..........yet to be seen if I am!

• Like 1

Myself and Phil Speedie worked in the office today to help out the staff. I can happily say that everyone worked their arses off to get the job done, and did it very well. Both on the phone and face to face the criteria for tickets was precisely the same; season ticket holder, Well Society member or on the database. I can confirm that away fans were refused tickets and that NO ONE got a ticket based on their postcode!

I realise it is awkward for Well fans out of area, but today the queues were massive and priority had to be given to that. Plus there currently isn't the infrastructure in place to deal with a big queue and both online and telephone bookings. Not allowing online sales helped alleviate any chance of massive amounts of away fans in our end too.

Regarding the allocation, preliminary meetings indicated a tentative agreement of 2000 for us at Ibrox and the South Stand for them at Fir Park. When they reneged on that without prior warning we were left with little choice, and I applaud Flow and Alan Marshall for their stance.

• Like 14

Season ticket holders should have got first dibs today and tomorrow and they would most likely have bought them all, if not they could have gone on sale to others on the database Wed & Thu. Seriously considering chucking it over this whole episode, clubs wanting empty seats rather than selling them to fans who want to see their team allied to not looking after season ticket holders first (the lifeblood of the club after all). A terrible season heading all over the country watching us play poorly ends with me missing the biggest game of the season because I didn't happen to be close to Fir Park at 3:30pm on a bank holiday Monday afternoon? WTF..........Scottish football again a bloody shambles (admittedly not all Motherwell's fault) but a bloody shambles all the same, yet I'm expect to come back with 6/7 hundred quid next season for my season ticket and away games? I'd need to be a mug..........yet to be seen if I am!

Feel the same about this... also thought the game was about supporters why is the club not selling out the away end when we owe a million quid to the new owner... if you had renewed your season ticket you got a ticket for Ibrox, where was the renewal? great customer service.

Anyone go to Fir Park today to buy tickets for the game on Sunday... Were they selling to anyone read in an earlier post that they queued for an hour and also the Rangers supporters were buying for the home end.

• Andy_P unlocked this topic