The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Yabba's Turd

I see this a bit differently! Have the club stood up to Rangers? Why then if we have a smaller ground are they getting more tickets for FP than we are for Ibrox? Should have given them 2% of FP the same as we are getting at Ibrox. And why the hell were the Ibrox tickets not sold to season ticket holders first?

Aye, bit annoyed about that.

Me and my dad wanted to go to Ibrox, season ticket holders, go to every away game...blah blah etc. But due to not checking my phone during the day today totally missed out!

Myself and Phil Speedie worked in the office today to help out the staff. I can happily say that everyone worked their arses off to get the job done, and did it very well. Both on the phone and face to face the criteria for tickets was precisely the same; season ticket holder, Well Society member or on the database. I can confirm that away fans were refused tickets and that NO ONE got a ticket based on their postcode!

I realise it is awkward for Well fans out of area, but today the queues were massive and priority had to be given to that. Plus there currently isn't the infrastructure in place to deal with a big queue and both online and telephone bookings. Not allowing online sales helped alleviate any chance of massive amounts of away fans in our end too.

Regarding the allocation, preliminary meetings indicated a tentative agreement of 2000 for us at Ibrox and the South Stand for them at Fir Park. When they reneged on that without prior warning we were left with little choice, and I applaud Flow and Alan Marshall for their stance.

Any idea how many tickets were sold today

Feel the same about this... also thought the game was about supporters why is the club not selling out the away end when we owe a million quid to the new owner... if you had renewed your season ticket you got a ticket for Ibrox, where was the renewal? great customer service.

Anyone go to Fir Park today to buy tickets for the game on Sunday... Were they selling to anyone read in an earlier post that they queued for an hour and also the Rangers supporters were buying for the home end.

There was little financial sense in giving them the full south. We'd have made around £15k minus expenses. I'm glad we took the stance we did after Rangers reneged on giving us 2k for Ibrox.

On the other hand, I was surprised that ST holders didn't have priority for Ibrox. Had we got the 2k though there would have been no issues. Vicious circle.

Any idea how many tickets were sold today

Honestly don't know. Season holders seats reserved until Friday, very busy all day but still a good number left.

Myself and Phil Speedie worked in the office today to help out the staff. I can happily say that everyone worked their arses off to get the job done, and did it very well. Both on the phone and face to face the criteria for tickets was precisely the same; season ticket holder, Well Society member or on the database. I can confirm that away fans were refused tickets and that NO ONE got a ticket based on their postcode!

I realise it is awkward for Well fans out of area, but today the queues were massive and priority had to be given to that. Plus there currently isn't the infrastructure in place to deal with a big queue and both online and telephone bookings. Not allowing online sales helped alleviate any chance of massive amounts of away fans in our end too.

Regarding the allocation, preliminary meetings indicated a tentative agreement of 2000 for us at Ibrox and the South Stand for them at Fir Park. When they reneged on that without prior warning we were left with little choice, and I applaud Flow and Alan Marshall for their stance.

Glad to hear it. Hopefully we are still in it for the 2nd leg. To outnumber them 4/5 to 1 may make a big difference. Be the 1st time I have ever watched an old firm game at Fir Park where we have had the majority of fans. Glad Rangers decided to get our backs up.

Hugh Keevins is a cretin

At the moment I average around 15 games a season, mainly due to working every other weekend and financial restraints of running a home. Haven't had a season ticket for 8 years.

I put my money into buying tops, merchandise and such. Try and help out as much as I can but because I don't buy a season ticket I don't deserve a ticket? Alot of shite if you ask me.

We've got 3000 plus season ticket holders and we had over 1000 fans at our last three away games. People were always going to be disappointed due to Rangers shafting us on the allocation.

The thing that should be taken from this is that the SPFL need to put in a rule regarding a minimum away allocation in these games.

• Like 1

Do you know, can you still buy your 2 extra tickets for friends with your season ticket

Numbers wise I reckon so, get your tickets sorted early to ensure your seated together though

Its been a while since the patg v st holders argument has kicked off. You can imagine motherwell holding the tickets till tomorrow and a flood of 'I was off yesterday, why didn't they sell them then' type posts!

We've got 3000 plus season ticket holders and we had over 1000 fans at our last three away games. People were always going to be disappointed due to Rangers shafting us on the allocation.

The thing that should be taken from this is that the SPFL need to put in a rule regarding a minimum away allocation in these games.

I was more hopeful than expected a ticket for Ibrox but a bit annoying how they were distributed. Feel for the guy that attends games but may not even get a ticket for the game at FP

Season ticket holders should have got first dibs today and tomorrow and they would most likely have bought them all, if not they could have gone on sale to others on the database Wed & Thu. Seriously considering chucking it over this whole episode, clubs wanting empty seats rather than selling them to fans who want to see their team allied to not looking after season ticket holders first (the lifeblood of the club after all). A terrible season heading all over the country watching us play poorly ends with me missing the biggest game of the season because I didn't happen to be close to Fir Park at 3:30pm on a bank holiday Monday afternoon? WTF..........Scottish football again a bloody shambles (admittedly not all Motherwell's fault) but a bloody shambles all the same, yet I'm expect to come back with 6/7 hundred quid next season for my season ticket and away games? I'd need to be a mug..........yet to be seen if I am!

You the same guy having a meltdown on twitter?

Seriously though, there are what? 2500-3000 Season Ticket Holders (?) Even if that was the case of season ticket holders first, there is no guarantee you would've got one either. Yes, its super frustrating not getting a ticket for Ibrox. But there was only 950 tickets, no more negotiating could be done. The game is Thursday and the tickets needed to be sold. People including myself waited outside fir park a minimum of 2-3 hours today for a ticket. So its not as if they didn't deserve a ticket?

It also shouldn't come as a surprise that they went on sale today, people were waiting all yesterday for an announcement to which the club confirmed numerous times that they hoped it would be imminent awaiting Rangers response. When the announcement on the Ibrox tickets did come, people flooded to Fir Park which caused long queues and overloaded the staff. Its clear that Rangers were just not for negotiating our allocation. So the club cut their allocation and should be applauded.

• Like 2

I was more hopeful than expected a ticket for Ibrox but a bit annoying how they were distributed. Feel for the guy that attends games but may not even get a ticket for the game at FP

Any well fans who want a ticket for Sunday will get one.....calm down.

Aye am that daft a would give him my tickets.dont be daft steelboy. Aw a said wis they are somehow getting them with giving them postcodes from local areas.

No i mean if you are Rangers fan who knows the name and address of a well fan on the database all it takes is a brass neck to walk and say you are that person.

Most local Rangers fans will be able to pull that stunt if they really want to.

No i mean if you are Rangers fan who knows the name and address of a well fan on the database all it takes is a brass neck to walk and say you are that person.

Most local Rangers fans will be able to pull that stunt if they really want to.

The club statement said they would be asking for photo ID.

• Andy_P unlocked this topic