The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Yabba's Turd

I was fortunate that my mate went this morning and got us tickets for Sunday and was one of the group directed to the Cooper Suite by Flow while things were being sorted (or not) with rangers. One thing I've not seen mentioned is that their tickets are for a side of the south stand using both tiers as we once put Aberdeen in the top tier for a cup game and it backfired as the stand amplified their support.

I think the club have handled this as well as they could seeing as Rangers were messing us about. Unfortunately some people haven't managed to get the tickets they were looking for but the ticket office must have been stretched to breaking point selling tickets for two games at short notice. To try and deal with online and phone sales as well could understandably been a bit much.

I can genuinely say I have missed only 6 games this year, one home game. Not in the society or a season ticket holder. I seen the announcement and took a unpaid half day off work to q for 2 and a half hours to get a ticket on Thursday. Anyone tell me why a season ticket holder should get a ticket before me?

• Like 1

I can genuinely say I have missed only 6 games this year, one home game. Not in the society or a season ticket holder. I seen the announcement and took a unpaid half day off work to q for 2 and a half hours to get a ticket on Thursday. Anyone tell me why a season ticket holder should get a ticket before me?

Just a perk of having a season ticket I suppose.

Yir elder my pal who is a gers fans just txt me to say that he got 4 tickets in the main stand and he gave a carluke postcode so they are getting tickets in the home end somehow

nellies .... my pal who is a gers fan txt me and said they were going to win . I told him to fuk off cause I didn't belive him .. Maybe you better check your wallet for identity theft they gers supporters are cunning bastards you know They maybe even used your postcode. Does he ken where you stay....doh !

Myself and Phil Speedie worked in the office today to help out the staff. I can happily say that everyone worked their arses off to get the job done, and did it very well. Both on the phone and face to face the criteria for tickets was precisely the same; season ticket holder, Well Society member or on the database. I can confirm that away fans were refused tickets and that NO ONE got a ticket based on their postcode!

I realise it is awkward for Well fans out of area, but today the queues were massive and priority had to be given to that. Plus there currently isn't the infrastructure in place to deal with a big queue and both online and telephone bookings. Not allowing online sales helped alleviate any chance of massive amounts of away fans in our end too.

Regarding the allocation, preliminary meetings indicated a tentative agreement of 2000 for us at Ibrox and the South Stand for them at Fir Park. When they reneged on that without prior warning we were left with little choice, and I applaud Flow and Alan Marshall for their stance.

So should have no bother getting tickets over the phone tomorrow if on the database mate?

• Like 1

One thing I've not seen mentioned is that their tickets are for a side of the south stand using both tiers as we once put Aberdeen in the top tier for a cup game and it backfired as the stand amplified their support.

Probably so we can open the rest of the south stand up to 'well fans if we get enough demand. Wouldnt want to sit there but it would be sweet to see, and shut all foaming media mouths who will be gunning for us tomorrow

Agree with you mate, spot on.

Probably so we can open the rest of the south stand up to 'well fans if we get enough demand. Wouldnt want to sit there but it would be sweet to see, and shut all foaming media mouths who will be gunning for us tomorrow

Would this be possible as there is only 1 way in and out from the south stand?

Some amount of pant wetting on this thread!

Tickets for Sunday are no problem. If you've been to an all ticket game of ours in the last 20 years, you'll be on the database and can buy your ticket.

In an ideal world the away tickets would've been distributed in a "fairer" manner, but given the short window to sell them I can see why they just sold them today. (Season ticket holders getting first shout is pretty universally the way any club would do it in normal circumstances, unfortunately due to Rangers shafting us and taking their time, these weren't normal circumstances.

The Club could easily have sold to season ticket holders 1st...really not sure why they didnt do this to be honest.

Not that it matters a fuck to me...I was one of the lucky ones who got a ticket.

Impressed by the Club only giving these horrible fuckers 1500tickets though and their apparent determination to ensure as little infiltration of our end as possible

At the moment I average around 15 games a season, mainly due to working every other weekend and financial restraints of running a home. Haven't had a season ticket for 8 years.

I put my money into buying tops, merchandise and such. Try and help out as much as I can but because I don't buy a season ticket I don't deserve a ticket? Alot of shite if you ask me.

The club can't evaluate every single request for a ticket on a case by case basis, though. When there are less tickets than there are fans, there isn't a fair approach. It's impossible to please everyone, and a few deserving cases will always be disappointed.

Season tickets, however, at every club in the country (and probably the world) are sold on the basis that the holder is granted access to every home game. That's one of the selling points, and they are always advertised that way. You can argue if it's fair or not, but it's certainly clear.

Got ticket for Ibrox?.Great. If not get over it there was only 900 on sale so there was always going to be disappointment , If you were in the right place right time you got one . Don't blame hard pushed staff or lack of orginisation . Blame those arseholes that used to be called Rangers for being .......arseholes

• Like 4

The club can't evaluate every single request for a ticket on a case by case basis, though. When there are less tickets than there are fans, there isn't a fair approach. It's impossible to please everyone, and a few deserving cases will always be disappointed.

Season tickets, however, at every club in the country (and probably the world) are sold on the basis that the holder is granted access to every home game. That's one of the selling points, and they are always advertised that way. You can argue if it's fair or not, but it's certainly clear.

Just to be clear I did get a ticket. I do understand the frustrations but if they want to have a gripe, point it at Rangers not the people that got tickets.

Most of the Rangers fans getting in our end probably bought their tickets on Saturday.I got mine before the Partick game and the only check was that I was on the database, got 2 tickets for the same seats I had for the last 3 games, happy enough with that. :fuck:

I'm buzzing for Sunday! I just hope that we perform to our best on Thursday so the tie on Sunday is meaningful. Going to be a cracking atmosphere and will be nothing better than keeping them down.

For weeks I have been convinced we are going down but the closer I get to the match the more I think we might just pull this off.

Feel the same about this... also thought the game was about supporters why is the club not selling out the away end when we owe a million quid to the new owner...

The amount of gate money the club will lose by not giving Rangers the entire South Stand is about £10,500 MAX. Probably much less if we take into account costs. A drop in the ocean compared to £1 million.

Given that the official site statement says that the people who have renewed their season ticket are guaranteed a ticket for Ibrox, does this mean that mine is sitting there waiting to be claimed?

Looks like I will get sorted out with a ticket, chuffed.

• Andy_P unlocked this topic