The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Hearing that Rangers have sold out (cannae believe it to be true though!), so probably the reason why they only gave us 950 tickets.

I fully expect a chorus of 'Where were you when you were shit?' directed at the orcs from our fans on Thursday. Sure the Bois will fire it up :evilgrin:

They were mediocre against QOTS and Hibs. They are there for taking. Lets pump em and condem them to another season in Championship, which they still wont win. COYW.

Well, let's pump them so we are guaranteed SPFL football next season. We all know the sudden league reconstruction won't keep them in the Championship.

Don't know if it has been posted elsewhere if so please delete. Referee for Thursday game is Bobby Madden and its Craig Thomson at Fir Park

I thought you were at it. But its true.

Unbelievable!

The chat seems to be that their settled XI and the way they will line up on Thursday is:

Bell

Foster

McGregor

Zaliukas

Wallace

Shiels

Murdoch

Law

Vuckic

Clark

Miller

That's a team almost entirely made up of average SPL players IMO. Don't get me wrong, teams of average SPL players have beaten us often enough this season - hence we are where we are - but over 180 minutes of football there is absolutely no reason why we can't beat that team.

Only Wallace and Vuckic are actually particularly good, and the likes of an on-form, actually-trying Ainsworth, Johnson, Pearson and McDonald would walk into that side.

As I said earlier, if there's one week to actually be positive and optimistic, it's this one. This is a game between two mediocre football sides and, therefore, we actually do have a chance. In fact, for me, a one goal defeat, draw, or Motherwell win on Thursday will set us up to win the tie overall.

This mob are fucking shite and no amount of their fans greeting about allocations or our fans greeting about a foregone conclusion changes that.

Mon the 'Well.

I'm not saying I'll do it, and I'd really rather not (currently looking for pubs in a 50 mile radius with a UK satellite box...) but my previous limited experience of streams is that you need to download bits of software, which I'm reluctant to do on my work computer. Other suggestions welcome.

cricfree.tv is one site that works reliably for me in the US for all the BT Sport and Sky Sport streams. No installs required. I'm sure there are others too.

Don't know if it has been posted elsewhere if so please delete. Referee for Thursday game is Bobby Madden and its Craig Thomson at Fir Park.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/referees-named-for-play-off-games/

Tbh Madden is a decent appointment. Not scared to make big decisions against Rangers at Ibrox.

Thompson however is a total old firm glory boy......

cricfree.tv is one site that works reliably for me in the US for all the BT Sport and Sky Sport streams. No installs required. I'm sure there are others too.

I've used Cricfree.tv but find the streams ok but not quite perfect quality that you get through Ace Streams. Download the AceStream software and you get perfect quality streams. Even run perfect for me on a dodgy Indian connection. They have all the Sky Sports/BT Sports streamed 24/7 in almost HD quality.

I am being totally realistic about this tie. This season we have been shite and have not performed well in almost all our matches.

But, when we have played well we have looked excellent. I am thinking the 5-0 v St Mirren and the 3-1 v Killie.

All this chat of Rangers being an average side - well we have been getting tumped by average sides all season.

We really need a performace of the season from the boys to win this.

It's good to have guys like Pearson and Skippy in the team - guys who have what it takes to perform at Ibrox and love nothing more than to stick it up them. Hopefully that experience will rub off on the other players.

But you're right, the league table doesn't lie and there have been many games where we just haven't turned up. If we lose this, we can't say we're one of those teams "too good to be relegated".

The way i'm looking at the away game is that we'll probably f*ck it up and get beat 3-0 so anything better than that is a decent result.They could easily have chucked their 2-0 lead against Hibs away in that second leg had Hibs scored one of those early chances so 2-0 at least gives us a slight chance.If they win by one goal then we're right in it but it would still be tough to break them down and keep them out at the other end.If it's a draw then it's 50/50 for the second game.

My main worry about the away game is that every time we've had a chance to get out of it or give ourselves a decisive game we've fucked up against Partick, Accies, County, St Mirren etc and Rangers are better and more experienced than those teams so i'm expecting us to do the same and render the home game pretty much meaningless.

Well -1 @ 7/1 & Well -2 @ 16/1 on Thursday. I'm having a bit of that. It's only Rangers we are playing for FFS, I would be a lot more apprehensive if we were up against Hibs and especially QotS. This isn't a team filled with De Boer's, Laudrup's, McCoist's etc... It's packed full of overpaid shite who would struggle to get in 90% of the teams in the Premiership. Let's get right in about this shower form the get go and rack up a cushion to take to the Citadel.

• Like 3

Exactly.

At the moment, obviously not considering what happens in the 1st leg, I'd be perfectly confident of going into the game at Fir Park and winning it. Our home form is good, we are capable of creating a lot of chances, and Rangers are not only mediocre at best, but I think I'm right in saying McGregor will miss the 2nd leg meaning either Mohsni or McCulloch will at the back against Skippy.

Therefore, it all comes down to getting a half decent result on Thursday. We have been poor away from home this season & always have the ability to bottle it so it's a massive challenge by any means, but if we stay organised, play well, get a bit of luck and, crucially, don't shite the bed (which, although probably the hardest thing to avoid, isn't impossible), there is no reason not to go into Sunday's game with an excellent chance of staying up.

This is a massive challenge but we are our own biggest enemy, Rangers are absolutely dreadful. Keep the tie alive on Thursday and I'd fancy us to do them at Fir Park. Essentially, just do our jobs properly - both individually and as a team - and we'll win the tie.

• Like 1

Just noticed that myself, they also seem to think they'll get in the east stand without their being any trouble. :ph34r:

Don't get why they think they'll outnumber us in our own stands either.The 3 home stands hold just over 8500 and if they're full i'd expect at least 7000 to be our fans.

Don't get why they think they'll outnumber us in our own stands either.The 3 home stands hold just over 8500 and if they're full i'd expect at least 7000 to be our fans.

There will be more Motherwell fans in the ground than on Helicopter Sunday and that day it was the Celtic fans who got harassed in the ground.

Yir elder my pal who is a gers fans just txt me to say that he got 4 tickets in the main stand and he gave a carluke postcode so they are getting tickets in the home end somehow

I'd suggest he was talking pish!

• Like 2

• Andy_P unlocked this topic