The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Work in IT so yes I am paranoid about security - with good reason. Well aware of the abilty to spoof e-mails, just takes some well crafted malware or trojan to be downloaded, not exactly as difficult as you are making out.

Going to contact the club in the morning in the meantime I would advise everyone to hold fire on responding to an e-mail like this until I get confirmation from the club thatit is legit.

Work in IT so yes I am paranoid about security - with good reason. Well aware of the abilty to spoof e-mails, just takes some well crafted malware or trojan to be downloaded, not exactly as difficult as you are making out.

Going to contact the club in the morning in the meantime I would advise everyone to hold fire on responding to an e-mail like this until I get confirmation from the club thatit is legit.

After reading that email a few times, (and i'm finding it hard to believe measures this extreme have been taken!) but looks to me like a phishing scam. Reason being it asked for you membership number, something that the club issues to you! It's like a bank emailing to say; "any chance i could check your account number we're not sure we have it recorded down correctly, ta?"

It also goes on to ask for any and all personable information at the same time in a generic way. I think any information that is required for well society members would be requested directly over the phone and a letter sent out where a form is filled and mailed back.

After reading that email a few times, (and i'm finding it hard to believe measures this extreme have been taken!) but looks to me like a phishing scam. Reason being it asked for you membership number, something that the club issues to you! It's like a bank emailing to say; "any chance i could check your account number we're not sure we have it recorded down correctly, ta?"

It also goes on to ask for any and all personable information at the same time in a generic way. I think any information that is required for well society members would be requested directly over the phone and a letter sent out where a form is filled and mailed back.

Pretty much what I'm thinking.

Guys, I also work in IT. There's a couple of parts of that email that make me think its a scam also....

A couple of the sentences just don't make sense....

Surely this sentence is missing the word "could" where i've put the asterisks

"If you are an existing member, we would appreciate if you ***** please provide your membership number in order to update your file"

And this sentence seems to finish early....for both the club and what?

"Your contribution is invaluable at this important time for both the club."

Also parts of the email talk about "we" and some parts "me" - no consistency throughout the email.

Maybe I'm just being way too suspicious, but if i was a betting man, id put my house on it that its a scam

• Like 1

I can understand there may be a few Rangers supporters in home stands that were organised enough to but before the restrictions but when did tickets go on sale? There was a queue before the Thistle game but it was moving very slowly and we were told it was for season ticket holders only and only one per book. Would it have only been that period on Monday before the away ticket arrangements were confirmed?

Given the quality of the email that was accidentally sent out a while back, I'm not necessarily sure this one is a phishing attempt. However, it should be pretty easy to find out by checking the full header details (and, of course, calling the club).

Nah the more I read it the more dodgy it looks.

It's not the best scripted email I have ever saw,

But plastering it, and all the detail, all over a thread infested by knuckle draggers isn't the brightest either, admins can hopefully tidy up

It's not the best scripted email I have ever saw,

But plastering it, and all the detail, all over a thread infested by knuckle draggers isn't the brightest either, admins can hopefully tidy up

Not sure what you are on about, what difference does it make now at least other Dossers are aware and know what to look for.

Admins can leave as is, unless you fancy the job?, not your decision to make.

I can confirm Gavin works for the club, but to put your mind at rest why not email Flow or Alan Marshall to double check

from forum.rangersmedia:

Super1872, on 26 May 2015 - 3:45 PM, said:

Me and my auld man were thinking of getting tickets for the home end, this well society nonsense has made that a bit more difficult, think i might chance my arm in the ticket office anyway.

Had a wee look online and they've listed every well society members name on the website, might just pick a name and hope they don't ask me any questions :lol:

Anyone been since they introduced this new policy and had any joy?

Few boys got some today mate, just pick a name with the same surname as yourself if there is one!

That was nice of him to let Motherwell know about his plan before he even tries it.

I can't imagine the ticket office are happy with are you a WS member - aye. Whats your name - x.

Then no further confirmation address, DOB, membership number required.

Credit to the daft cunt for trying to engage his brain though

to the above 3 posts - I know several who have tickets, all bought before yesterdays announcement - to be honest, they were bought before they had even beat Hibs because they had an idea it would be restricted

but its not MFCs problem that you don't live close by - that's your choice. The club have acted in the best way they can - they were delivered a blow by Rangers and have acted quickly to make sure they went on sale as soon as they had them. As mentioned earlier, some folk had been queuing for hours whilst a decision had yet to be made

eh? I'm the same as you. I've got kids, I've got a house, I don't have a ST anymore- I put money into the club - "don't deserve a ticket" - gies a break, the club have done as best as they can, the first time in a long time that we have stood up to this mob - yes you are disappointed, but the club still deserve some credit

Mate I got a ticket. Waited 5 fuckin hours for that gorgeous bit of goldust that our fantastic GM presented to us up in the Davie Cooper suite. The point I was making was that people with season tickets were saying guys like me that don't have one didn't deserve a ticket for Thursday but I begged to differ.

I understand how my post may have looked, maybe just need to better word it next time!

Plus the guys and ladies in the office, even people doing it voluntarily deserve massive amounts of credit. Alan Burrows deserves just as much if not more, he's really getting into his role as GM now.

• Andy_P unlocked this topic