The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Obviously a well thought out piece by DJ. Aside from neglecting to mention Hibs asking for 4thousand tickets, Rangers saying no and leaving 10thousand empty, he's also managed to forget about the concept of personal responsibility.

Sorry DJ, if Rangers fans get in the home end, with a ticket that says 'home support only' and then start trouble, it's not Motherwells fault. Its not even Rangers fault. It is the individuals themselves who start the bother who will be to blame!

Back to the first point, anyone know why it's a scandal to have 3,300 empty seats in the final at fir park, but 10,000empty seats in the semi at Ibrox is perfectly reasonable? Despite in both instances, away clubs requesting some of those seats?

If ticketless 'well fans get in the home end at ibrox and cause bother, I presume its Rangers fault?

In fact, it's Rangers who effectively locked 3000 of their own fans out of fir park too.

Seems to me like he's getting excuses in early for any bother caused by Rangers fans.

I wish he would stop playing Grant on the right, it does nothing for the team or the player, he is lost out there and we would be as well not playing anybody on the right.

Or ainsworth, which is probably 80/20 to be as good as not playing anybody, but if he happens to choose to turn up....

I think ainsworth should play for his pace, that should cause Rangers problems, if, and it's a big IF ainsworth turns up.

The pro h*n media seem to have conveniently forgotten that Hibs were knocked back for extra tickets for Ibrox despite there being 10,000 empty seats. Arseholes.

Obviously a well thought out piece by DJ. Aside from neglecting to mention Hibs asking for 4thousand tickets, Rangers saying no and leaving 10thousand empty, he's also managed to forget about the concept of personal responsibility.

Sorry DJ, if Rangers fans get in the home end, with a ticket that says 'home support only' and then start trouble, it's not Motherwells fault. Its not even Rangers fault. It is the individuals themselves who start the bother who will be to blame!

Back to the first point, anyone know why it's a scandal to have 3,300 empty seats in the final at fir park, but 10,000empty seats in the semi at Ibrox is perfectly reasonable? Despite in both instances, away clubs requesting some of those seats?

that's the point I keep making - 10000 empty seats against Hibs - no mention of it. That's more than the full Broomloan Rd stand lying empty.

I don't know why any of us are actually surprised - we know there is/has/and always will be a Glasgow bias

Just phoned the ticket office and have been told I cant get tickets for the home leg even though I am on the database as my name is on the database from buying European tickets. What a load of crap! I pay at the gate for home games so how the hell does that work!

So after phoning on Monday and being told to phone back yesterday, I did about lunchtime and spoke to some boy Gavin who wouldn't take an order over the phone as there was still a queue and so he took my details and said id get a call back. Also gave him my dads details to check if he was actually on the database, as if he was he might be able to call in on his way home from work since they were not selling on the phone two days in a row.

Forward to 20 minutes ago and I still hadn't received a call back so tried to phone only to keep going back to that menu for 10 minutes, composed a tweet, which I guess was a tad harsh but arguably fair in the circumstances, which Flow seen and I received a call back a few minutes later from Wendy who sorted me out with a couple of tickets so I'm finally going to the match :yahoo: So if he happens to be reading this then cheers mate!

Just phoned the ticket office and have been told I cant get tickets for the home leg even though I am on the database as my name is on the database from buying European tickets. What a load of crap! I pay at the gate for home games so how the hell does that work!

Seems a strange one - thought the only restriction would be those who previously purchased Rangers end tickets direct from MFC. You not know anyone who can vouch for you and get a ticket?

On the subject of the Well Society email, Gavin Maclure is the part-time admin person for the Well Society and he needs to email anyone who signs up via direct debit to get their details.

The online payment is a deliberately quick and simple process via GoCardless, who provide the Well Society with the email address of anyone who sets up a one-off payment or direct debit, but no other details are taken online. So if someone sets up a direct debit, then they should get an email from Gavin asking for some details, otherwise we might not know who you are.

And if existing members sign up for a direct debit or one-off payment, then that needs to be added to their account rather than setting up a new membership, hence the reason you'd be asked for your membership number.

I've never seen the email so can't confirm 100% but it seems genuine given the background. But Gavin is usually in on Tuesdays and Thursdays so it's best to phone tomorrow to check.

Can understand why the club tweeted otherwise given the question put to them on Twitter, and given the situation with Rangers fans this week, but that's because you can't fit the full story in a tweet.

So I would imagine superward will not need to do a Paddy Ashdown.

The wording of the email would have been devised by Gavin this week and clearly needs to be corrected/improved. To be fair to him, he has a lot of work to get through in the space of two days and mistakes can happen when you're in a rush. Interviews were held last week for a full-time member of staff - which will be partly funded by Les Hutchison - to work on improving the service.

On the subject of the Well Society email, Gavin Maclure is the part-time admin person for the Well Society and he needs to email anyone who signs up via direct debit to get their details.

The online payment is a deliberately quick and simple process via GoCardless, who provide the Well Society with the email address of anyone who sets up a one-off payment or direct debit, but no other details are taken online. So if someone sets up a direct debit, then they should get an email from Gavin asking for some details, otherwise we might not know who you are.

And if existing members sign up for a direct debit or one-off payment, then that needs to be added to their account rather than setting up a new membership, hence the reason you'd be asked for your membership number.

I've never seen the email so can't confirm 100% but it seems genuine given the background. But Gavin is usually in on Tuesdays and Thursdays so it's best to phone tomorrow to check.

Can understand why the club tweeted otherwise given the question put to them on Twitter, and given the situation with Rangers fans this week, but that's because you can't fit the full story in a tweet.

So I would imagine superward will not need to do a Paddy Ashdown.

The wording of the email would have been devised by Gavin this week and clearly needs to be corrected/improved. To be fair to him, he has a lot of work to get through in the space of two days and mistakes can happen when you're in a rush. Interviews were held last week for a full-time member of staff - which will be partly funded by Les Hutchison - to work on improving the service.

Thanks for clearning this up, I'll phone Gavin tomorrow and hopefully that should be the end of it.

• Andy_P unlocked this topic