The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Derek Johnstone greetin about us doing Rangers fans out of tickets? How many loyal Rangers fans have had to sit in the house over the years at big games, cup finals etc while that freeloading bastard has paid fuck all for his seat in the club deck? Another reason I fuckin despise that mob!

funny how nobody in the media has mentioned that we wanted more tickets for ibrox and were refused and its all been about us doing them out of tickets for sunday.

Derek Johnstone (kind of) did, in the article everyone is slagging off.

"It is understood Motherwell believed they had secured 2,000 briefs for Thursday night's Ibrox showdown and were prepared to hand 4,800 to Rangers supporters. However, they were given an allocation of 950 and Johnstone insists their response is set to turn Scottish football into a laughing stock by leaving a large section of the ground empty for such a showpiece fixture."

I've got a lot of time for Stuart McCall, but does that not read like a bit of a threat.

We're in the ridiculous situation where guys like Johnstone and McCall - whether consciously or sub-consciously - are effectively giving thick Sevco fans the green light for causing blame-free trouble (when in reality it would be entirely their own fault obviously).

The two of them can get fucked.

Derek Johnstone (kind of) did, in the article everyone is slagging off.

"It is understood Motherwell believed they had secured 2,000 briefs for Thursday night's Ibrox showdown and were prepared to hand 4,800 to Rangers supporters. However, they were given an allocation of 950 and Johnstone insists their response is set to turn Scottish football into a laughing stock by leaving a large section of the ground empty for such a showpiece fixture."

He also neglected to mention that Rangers did the same thing to Hibs the previous week. Good for the goose......

We're in the ridiculous situation where guys like Johnstone and McCall - whether consciously or sub-consciously - are effectively giving thick Sevco fans the green light for causing blame-free trouble (when in reality it would be entirely their own fault obviously).

The two of them can get fucked.

Exactly.

Not sure if it's getting the excuses in early, or thinly veiled threats.

I hope motherwell fans can maintain the moral high ground here and not go too vigilante on Sunday.

Can you imagine Rangers come back to the top flight, hopefully not this year, and Celtic offer them 950 tickets for Parkhead?

Presumably they'd accept that and give celtic the usual 8000 at Ibrox?

:lol:

my supporters bus got 24 tickets in Motherwell end! quite happy there gony see the game shockin cant get in Rangers end though

This seems to be a recurring theme on Rangers forums. Just a wee suggestion... force all supporters buses to park in the same place and a couple of coppers up the back of the Police station following them to the stadium... it's an easy fix.

I have ignored all of the media, papers, news, phone ins etc since sevco beat hibs cause i knew that they would be spouting all the shite that the seem to have been. The Erwin 'story' is ridiculous and would have seemed a bit more believable if he hadnt been bang average in 90% of the games hes played.

This Derek Johnstone thing is an absolute disgrace though. cant believe they give blatant bigots like that a voice in the media. Jay is absolutely spot on that hes giving these moronic animals an excuse to cause trouble.

Theres no tickets left for there end...END OF STORY...they can watch it on the couch like they do with the rest of their pishy games

I would treat any chat from Sevco fans about getting quantities of home end tickets with a pinch of salt. We have one of our own fans on here saying they haven't even been able to get past the checks, the vast majority of Rangers fans on forums - particular those boasting large numbers of home end tickets - are just making it up.

As I said earlier, it seems to be more about a bit of bravado in boasting to other folk you have a ticket, rather than actually having any.

By all accounts the ticket office have turned away a huge number of chancers.

Just got my tickets and saw another guy getting turned away.

He actually said to them 'ssh, I'm a Rangers fan but I've been following Motherwell for a couple of years' and couldn't understand why he got turned away!

• Andy_P unlocked this topic