The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Yabba's Turd

A massive slice of humble pie for me after completely writing off our chances of getting anything last night.

We just can't shut up shop though!

Hope that chance Ainsworth had to make it 4-0 doesn't come back to haunt us.

We've given ourselves a fantastic chance of winning the tie, but it's only half time.

I am still keeping my feet firmly on the ground, I've had my hopes dashed far too many times in the past to think the tie is safe, what a chance we've given ourselves though. If we approach the game on Sunday with the same ferocity as tonight I think we'll do just fine.

I was thoroughly expecting more of the same from this season tonight and would have been delighted to have managed to escape Mordor level in the tie, nearly went through the ceiling when the third went in.

We started extremely well and after weathering a bit of early pressure snatching the goal really got our tails up and for an hour of the tie we were well on top. Walsh, Ferguson and Boyd will all start on Sunday and I hope we start in the same manner as last night in order to nullify the first two, they were very direct and we struggled to match them as the team tired badly, they managed to whip in some quality balls as they bombarded us near the end, need to stop that early doors.

I thought the whole starting 11 were excellent. Pearson was absolutely fantastic, tenacious without the ball and rarely wastes it when he gets it, because of this the opposition know exactly how dangerous he is when he gets running at them.

I just hope Hammell and Pearson are fit for Sunday... Straker never done anything glaringly awful but he doesn't inspire much confidence in his teammates by the looks of things, I imagine he definitely does the opposite for the right sided midfielder who is fortunate enough to have been lined up against him.

Please don't let us down 'Well...

A counter attacking masterclass - kudos to barraclough

Credit where credit is due! The perfect set up for last night. Also George Long had a great game. I think he came out for a cross as well and punched it away ;)

In all seriousness: Its us and the team that now can throw everything away. Not sure if a 3-1 helps my nerves. Job is only half done and Rangers will throw everything at us. This will probably be the longest 90 minutes EVER!

Cant wait for Sunday, but I am so nervous already....

Anybody got a phone number for Ibrox? Seem to have left my voice there!

Proud to be there last night and felt really bad for those who had to miss out. What an atmosphere, but what a performance. As others have said for about an hour either side of halt time we bossed it big time.

A few Gers fans at work had pointed out in advance that McCall pushed the full backs on and that they were worried about the space that woudl leave and boy did we take advantage.

For all the concerns most of us had and for the stick just about every player has taken at some point this season... every single one of them stood up last night and fought hard for our wee team.

Special mention to George Long, never thought he could perform like that and command his box so much.

Massive thing for me was that we didn't let them push us off the ball like we have with other teams this season. The way Marvin brushed aside Foster was magic!

A few random observations from last night (and having watched the highlights), not in any order.

Firstly, bold officiating last night. Madden could've easily given 3 soft penalties (Straker on Boyd, Johnson handball and I think Laing had a push in the first half). None of them were penalties, but could've easily been given on a hostile night at Ibrox. Also Boyd's offside goal and the flag staying down for Erwin for our 1st. Good to see.

I thought Skippy was incredible, knocked the ball about and worked his socks off when we didn't have it. If he doesn't stay next year and Ainsworth does I think him and Erwin would be a good partnership up front, he obviously knows how to finish. Also special mention to Josh Law who was a great out ball last night.

George Long was tremendous. Also a nice touch after his save from Boyd's header for Boyd to give him a pat on the back.

Well fans were quality all night, a lot of us I'm sure will live to regret not managing to be there. Can't wait for Sunday now.

Still buzzing!!!

Missed all our goals.

Was only just in from the wee man's training when the first went in so went on to Kodi to get a stream.

Decided to plug the laptop in to the telly in the spare room to leave the girls to watch Britain's Got Talent and missed the second while I was downstairs getting the HDMI adaptor out my bag.

Then when Erwin passed the ball to Ainsworth the wee man got so excited he jumped on the remote and changed the input source!

Also cheered as loud as for a goal when Long saved from Boyd.

• Like 1

I can't be the only person who wasn't all that surprised by how we took them apart surely? I'm actually disappointed we didn't get another one or two, as they were right there for the taking.

As I said earlier in the thread before the game, they're a half decent Championship side, nothing more. Remove the big stadium and the infamous blue shirt and you've basically got a team that we'd expect to beat eight times out of ten.

found these clips on youtude

loves this clips from the rangers end at the start of the second half espically the noise from the Well fans and the most loyal fans in the world walking away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzJQD9xp8AI

and from Sevco themselves the whole game in 90 seconds and you just have to love how sad the commentator sounds after each goal for the well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ITagEDUEU

• Like 3

9/10 times it's the media that hype them up.

Of course it is. The media kept banging on about how we hadn't won at Ibrox in 18 years, knowing fine well that the majority of those losses came at the hands of a completely different club financially than they are now.

They are only Rangers in name. They're a Championship side sprinkled with a couple of past their prime ex-Rangers players.

Im absolutely shatterd as couldnt sleep last night.

Feel like I swallowed sand paper and can hardly speak (Not good when you work in a call centre)

But so worth it.

Can stop sitting humming Shake it up baby now with a Rangers fan sitting next to me LOL :haha:

Ya divvy - it's 'Twist and Shout' :wild:

• Andy_P unlocked this topic