The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Yabba's Turd

The day the tickets went on sale was, luckily, a bank holiday.
I made the call to go over to Fir Park just in case. 2hr queue, but tickets for both legs secured.

I had the fear going to Ibrox on the Thurs - given our record there - and remember telling everyone I'd take us keeping it to a 1-0 defeat, particularly because our home form was ok.

Policing at Ibrox was a joke as usual, with lighters and coins landing all around.

Half-time and we're 2-0 up.  I have a sore hip after ending up 3 rows in front celebrating the 2nd.

Disbelief in the foyer/pie queue and a sense of not knowing quite how to feel.

Second half was still pretty tense, despite, going 3 up especially when McGregor scored. Boyd had a few chances as well.

Got out of Ibrox and walked to central via Govan Road, in amongst the Rangers fans.

Remember phoning my dad in a state of shock/joy.

2nd leg for me was a formality after one specific moment - Zaliukas blazing one over from 6 yards just before half time. The game was up for Rangers after that.

I think it would take a cup win to eclipse that victory at Ibrox. Huge performance in pretty much the most partisan/hostile environment we could get.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 12:47 PM, weeyin said:

The other thing that stood out for me, however, was how perfectly Baraclough handled the preparation. He struck the perfect balance of positivity and playing the underdog and was the opposite of just about every other 'Well manager in his attitude when it comes to playing an OF side.

I don't think this can be overstated.

Despite our league form, we struck gold in terms of Managerial appointments if we take the play-offs in isolation.

Baraclough was perhaps 'ignorant' to things, but he certainly didn't have the deferential mindset of others which would certainly have seen us relegated.

Our Media/PR output was tremendous as well - Even down to handling of ticket allocation etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I went round to the Centenery after the game.  We were the last to leave and I spoke to Lasley at the end.  I just grabbed him and said - look at the season - the torture at the start with Stjarnan and the absolute joy of denying that lot and we hugged - always a legend in my book.  What a day.

1 hour ago, Suprawell said:

I went round to the Centenery after the game.  We were the last to leave and I spoke to Lasley at the end.  I just grabbed him and said - look at the season - the torture at the start with Stjarnan and the absolute joy of denying that lot and we hugged - always a legend in my book.  What a day.

How many penalties did he concede against Stjarnan?

Ended up playing up front over there to keep him away from the box.

2 hours ago, Suprawell said:

I always thought it was 2, I know one at Fir Park and I think the other one in away leg.  Might be wrong.  

It was 3 unfortunately, handball then one at the death at Fir Park then one in the first half over there.