The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Yabba's Turd

One thing that really astounds me (even though I know it shouldn't) is the way the media are playing this as if Sevco are favourites.

For the first time in ages I tuned into a football phone-in the other night. I had to double check my phone to make sure it was actually 2015 and not 2009.

I've heard Sevco fans talking about putting 3 or 4 past us tonight.

There's no prime Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd or Lee McCulloch playing tonight. No Carlos Cuéllar, no Pedro Mendes, no Charlie Adam, no prime Nacho Novo, no Alan McGregor.

There is however the likes of Steve Simonsen, a 52 year old Lee McCulloch, Darren McGregor, and a Kenny Miller who couldn't cut in in MLS and who's scored a fraction of what he was supposed to. Boyd hasn't done much better, and i'm not even going to mention the comedy antics of Bilel Mohsni.

I also read this quote from today's Daily Record website;

"Motherwell should kick off as favourites and have a number of proven performers in their squad who have scored big goals for them in the not too distant past. But they also have a woeful record against Rangers - particularly at Ibrox where they haven't won in 18 years."

Why are they talking about us not winning at Ibrox for 18 years? We're not playing against the same club that we've played during those 18 years! It would be the equivalent of us playing a cup semi-final against Falkirk at Ibrox and the media mentioning how we haven't won there in years against Rangers.

We're not playing the same club who could field a team of highly paid footballers tonight. aside from the badge on the jersey and the stadium there is zero comparison to any of the Rangers sides we've faced in league action previously.

Chat about the ticket situation made me laugh as well. Sevco fans phoning in claiming that a "wee team" like Motherwell are mental to knock back the "blue pound".

Again, it's not 2009. We have a legit multi-millionaire running our club, with his wealth firmly "on the radar", no tax issues in foreign countries or any of that nonsense. We don't need Sevco's "blue pound". Our owner could have bought and sold Sevco five or six times over and still have enough cash left over to buy a small country.

Honestly, if we go there tonight and beat this mob by a couple of goals it will rank as one of the most satisfying moments in my 30 odd years of supporting Motherwell.

And not because we'll have beaten "Rangers". I fully believe that we're good enough to beat their squad over two games. We have better players than they do, simple as that.

It'll be satisfying because the media and the deluded Sevco fans who've bought into the shite being pedalled will lose the place. This myth of "Rangers" will then be put to bed once and for all.

They aren't "Rangers". They're a reformed club with championship level players who managed to finish 3rd in that league. Nothing more.

• Like 8

Aye but mind what happened when we played them in the League Cup a couple of seasons ago? Still smarting from that. There for the taking, shite team, shite players and we bottled it.

And to compound the misery even further, Caley Thistle (I think!) then went on to pump them in the next round.

One thing that really astounds me (even though I know it shouldn't) is the way the media are playing this as if Sevco are favourites.

For the first time in ages I tuned into a football phone-in the other night. I had to double check my phone to make sure it was actually 2015 and not 2009.

I've heard Sevco fans talking about putting 3 or 4 past us tonight.

There's no prime Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd or Lee McCulloch playing tonight. No Carlos Cuéllar, no Pedro Mendes, no Charlie Adam, no prime Nacho Novo, no Alan McGregor.

There is however the likes of Steve Simonsen, a 52 year old Lee McCulloch, Darren McGregor, and a Kenny Miller who couldn't cut in in MLS and who's scored a fraction of what he was supposed to. Boyd hasn't done much better, and i'm not even going to mention the comedy antics of Bilel Mohsni.

I also read this quote from today's Daily Record website;

"Motherwell should kick off as favourites and have a number of proven performers in their squad who have scored big goals for them in the not too distant past. But they also have a woeful record against Rangers - particularly at Ibrox where they haven't won in 18 years."

Why are they talking about us not winning at Ibrox for 18 years? We're not playing against the same club that we've played during those 18 years! It would be the equivalent of us playing a cup semi-final against Falkirk at Ibrox and the media mentioning how we haven't won there in years against Rangers.

We're not playing the same club who could field a team of highly paid footballers tonight. aside from the badge on the jersey and the stadium there is zero comparison to any of the Rangers sides we've faced in league action previously.

Chat about the ticket situation made me laugh as well. Sevco fans phoning in claiming that a "wee team" like Motherwell are mental to knock back the "blue pound".

Again, it's not 2009. We have a legit multi-millionaire running our club, with his wealth firmly "on the radar", no tax issues in foreign countries or any of that nonsense. We don't need Sevco's "blue pound". Our owner could have bought and sold Sevco five or six times over and still have enough cash left over to buy a small country.

Honestly, if we go there tonight and beat this mob by a couple of goals it will rank as one of the most satisfying moments in my 30 odd years of supporting Motherwell.

And not because we'll have beaten "Rangers". I fully believe that we're good enough to beat their squad over two games. We have better players than they do, simple as that.

It'll be satisfying because the media and the deluded Sevco fans who've bought into the shite being pedalled will lose the place. This myth of "Rangers" will then be put to bed once and for all.

They aren't "Rangers". They're a reformed club with championship level players who managed to finish 3rd in that league. Nothing more.

Good post. Just hope to fuck you are right. We need all 11 on the park to turn up though.

I firmly believe that we end up relegated, it will be that we have under performed and not because Rangers are the better team.

Aye but mind what happened when we played them in the League Cup a couple of seasons ago? Still smarting from that. There for the taking, shite team, shite players and we bottled it.

And to compound the misery even further, Caley Thistle (I think!) then went on to pump them in the next round.

And poetically the management team that masterminded that abomination is now running things over there!

Jesus Christ, I fucking despise Rangers.

Aye, I'd kind of forgotten about them for a bit, never really been one to follow their progress or anything like that since they dropped down, but this past week has certainly been a reminder as to why I fucking despise them.

Us beating them followed by their Mike Ashley-led financial implosion due to another year in the championship would be just what the doctor ordered.

• Like 1

Had messages of support from Killie, Hearts, Celtic, Airdrie & Thistle supporting mates..... However a couple of Accies fans are choking for us to get pumped.... Strange bunch...

I'm not in Scotland so not seeing the papers, local news etc... But I assume it's all "good for Scottish football if Rangers come up"... Has anyone pointed out that almost all non Rangers fans will be on our side?

Did anyone see the press conference with Baraclough and McManus? Fucking hell, our media is cringeworthy.

Asking the manager if it'll be the realisation of a dream or something like that to stand in the away dug out at Ibrox and suchlike! Fucking hell man! It's not Real Madrid we're playing! :doh:

If I hear/read one more media outlet spouting the top division needs a strong Rangers I'm going to spew. obviously everyone is hating a relatively competitive league etc. Celtic want a strong rangers and thats about it

Do Celtic want a strong Rangers? They seem to be coping just fine without them to be honest.

Did anyone see the press conference with Baraclough and McManus? Fucking hell, our media is cringeworthy.

Asking the manager if it'll be the realisation of a dream or something like that to stand in the away dug out at Ibrox and suchlike! Fucking hell man! It's not Real Madrid we're playing! :doh:

Wasn't our media David, was all media including Radio Clyde, national papers etc.

• Andy_P unlocked this topic