Motherwell V The Rangers Spfl Playoff Final 2Nd Leg 31/05/15

Yabba's Turd

We showed how to beat them and how to lose to them in the same match tonite. When we sat back,only superb goalkeeping,superb defending and a large slice of luck stopped them scoring 3 or 4. But going forward we tore them to pieces.

If we set out to contain and play for a draw etc they will score 3 or 4,we go with pace and we can kill it early. This is an unbelieveable chance but mess it up sunday and tonite means fuck all!!

Wallace will prob move into centre half n Ferguson will start out left. We need to keep Ainsworth n Marvin out wide to stretch them. Praying Hammell is back and Pearo too,tho I cn handle Grant playing centre mid.

An amazing chance. Kill these orc fuckers off early then party time

• Like 1

We need to cool it. The job is only half done. Yes we're in control but a lot could yet go wrong. Its crucial that we don't lose an early goal on Sunday. Given their recent games I expected Rangers to tire badly tonight but they didn't and in fact finished the stronger side. The tie isn't over yet. I've supported the Well far too long to take things for granted.

• Like 3

Absolutely superb. Well done to Ian Baraclough and team. We were right up for that tonight and looked a class above them once we got going.

McCall will have to think carefully about his tactics for Sunday and as we know that's his downfall...

Would agree about not just trying to defend, we don't have the players to do that and it's asking for trouble if they get in front.Rangers will need to attack so we'll have chances on the break again, get the first goal and it's pretty much over.

1-1

It's going to take a massive physical effort as we ran ourselves into the ground tonight.

Expect then to put a man right on Skippy as be really pulled the strings and caught McCall out.

We're good enough to go out and dictate the game but we need everyone fit and the crowd needs to stick with the team throughout.

I hope to fuck that Ainsworth chance doesn't prove pivotal.

I would have taken a draw or even a 1 goal defeat tonite, so a 2 goal advantage going in to the home leg is more than we could have hoped for.

What tonite showed is we are every bit as good and have players that can score goals, something Hibs and QOS lacked.

Play with the same passion and energy and we will come thorough this. Sure Rangers might score and in fact they probably will. But so will we.

We play to win on Sunday and if we end up with a draw - party time

As a 'Well fan who's seen a bit, tonight was one of them, as a stand alone game, on it's own, to be proud of.

However as many have said, rightly, job half done.

Irony for me that again when it came to the 'big' game,as with us on several occasions, McCall didn't deliver.

I hope this trend continues........

• Like 1

Seems like popular opinion is to go at rangers the same way again on Sunday. Have to agree, we cannot set up to defend a 2 goal lead. We are good enough going forward to trade punches with them. Lets hope the players are really up for it again and we have a vocal home support behind them. I'm just hoping we can score 1 or 2 firs,t early on, so that maybe I won't keel over with a heart attack or puke up my guts with an ulcer..... Tonight we didn't just believe, we delivered ! COYW !!!!!

lets not get complacent if we score first and lets not panic if they score first, just focus and go out and every player do his job like tonight.

Hibs L 0-1

QoS W 2-1

Hearts D 2-2

Dumbarton W 3-1

Livingston D 1-1

Rangers last five away. Not kept a clean sheet, so there are goals there for us again, just like I said before the 1st leg.

The first goal is going to be very important because it either pulls Rangers back into the tie or probably wins it for us.

Personally the way I would approach this is to just forget about the match last night and treat it as a one off match. It's a final and if we win, we stay up. I wouldn't be too concerned about thinking about the 3-1 aggregate.

Personally the way I would approach this is to just forget about the match last night and treat it as a one off match. It's a final and if we win, we stay up. I wouldn't be too concerned about thinking about the 3-1 aggregate.

That's exactly my thoughts. I don't really see why we'd come out and try and sit back but there's still part of me that has the fear that's what we'll do