Motherwell V The Rangers Spfl Playoff Final 2Nd Leg 31/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Hey Motherwell fans.

Just a quick "congrats" on the playoff win against Rangers. I was very pleased to see you get a fine result away. Not because I dislike Rangers per se. More because some of os Odense fans haven't forgotten the great support and overall gracious and sportsmanlike behaviour you showed when we met you in the EL some years ago. I must admit that your fans and their great spirit they showed in Odense gave me something of a soft spot for The Steelmen afterwards, and I have been following your ups and downs since.

It would be nice to see Rangers (whom my uncle played for as an amateur in the 70s) back in the SPL, but certainly not at the expence of Motherwell.

Good luck in the return. And I wish you better fortune next year if (when) you make it out of the play offs.

• Like 15

Hey Motherwell fans.

Just a quick "congrats" on the playoff win against Rangers. I was very pleased to see you get a fine result away. Not because I dislike Rangers per se. More because some of os Odense fans haven't forgotten the great support and overall gracious and sportsmanlike behaviour you showed when we met you in the EL some years ago. I must admit that your fans and their great spirit they showed in Odense gave me something of a soft spot for The Steelmen afterwards, and I have been following your ups and downs since.

It would be nice to see Rangers (whom my uncle played for as an amateur in the 70s) back in the SPL, but certainly not at the expence of Motherwell.

Good luck in the return. And I wish you better fortune next year if (when) you make it out of the play offs.

Sincere thanks for those kind words from a Motherwell fan in New Zealand. I was lucky enough to attend both Odense matches and the game in Denmark is still one of my highlights as a Motherwell fan, despite the result. I had previously visited Fyn twice before and knew I would have a good time.

Bookies have us 1/10 to win the play off. As much as I'm confident, I don't see us as a 1/10 shot.

Sunday will be the first time I have seen us since Christmas (glory hunter you see!) and can't wait for it. To win this play off will be one of the best outcomes since 91. To be the team to keep The Rangers down for another season automatically makes us the most popular team in the country.

Mon The 'Well

We are in a much better position than most of us thought we would be, and yet most of us still have the fear. I suppose it is the Motherwell way.

On the up side, they really are not a great side. They proved that over the season and confirmed it on Thursday night. Our home form over the past couple of months has been strong and we have a genuine goal threat. They look shakey at the back and are missing their player of the year in defence. While the loss of a late goal at Ibrox has,to an extent, given them a lifeline, there is little point in fretting too much over it. A three goal lead would have forced them to really go for it from the first minute, but two goals is still a decent start. We should be able to pick them off when they have to chase the game.

The downside is that we must avoid being too negative from the outset. Does the very real need to avoid losing an early goal mean that our mindset is a defensive one? That would be a major mistake in my book, both because it would be hard to turn around should they get back into the tie and because we have been defensively poor for the entire season. If everyone is fit, play the same team that started on Thursday. The atmosphere should be in our favour and, as previously stated, they are not that good and nothing to be scared of in footballing terms. A professional performance is required and we should be okay.

• Like 1

So, everyone of us, and everyone on the outside, has watched our season unfold and been like "What the hell is going on here with Motherwell?

Well....

Consecutive years in Europe, 3rd, 2nd 2nd....all great, but no-one else was doing their jobs elsewhere.

So this season we dive down to the bottom and take the points that finally get rid of St Mirren from the league, and then hopefully do the job of making sure Rangers don't get back in.

THAT'S what's been going on here.

You're welcome, Premiership....you're welcome.

• Like 2

There's no point riling them up with wee digs like that when we could and should be consigning them to the championship for another year. It's also not fair on the announcer as have we not had some bother along these lines before?

If they do play three at the back I think it plays into our hands. Erwin gets one on one with either McCulloch or Zaliuskas and there will be loads of space for Marvin and Lionel. The wee guy Ferguson gave us a hard time when he came on but hopefully with fresh legs and a narrow park we'll nullify him.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/motherwell-consider-home-fans-in-away-stand-for-rangers-clash-208583n.127529311

Motherwell consider home fans in away stand for Rangers clash

MOTHERWELL are set to approach Police Scotland about opening up Fir Park's away stand to home fans ahead of tomorrow's crunch with Rangers.

Scott MullenGroup Sports Writer
Saturday 30/05/2015

Only 1500 travelling supporters have been allocated tickets within the Lanarkshire ground's south stand, which holds approximately 4800 people.

Following on from Thursday's play-off final first leg triumph at Ibrox, Motherwell have seen ticket sales go through the roof as fans clamour to see their team see out their current 3-1 advantage.

Yesterday all three stands housing home supporters - the east stand, Davie Cooper Stand and Phil O'Donnell Stand - are on the verge of selling out.

And in a bid to try and accommodate even more of their home followers, Motherwell are understood to be considering selling tickets for vacant sections of the south stand to Well fans.

It is believed there is an issue over safety regarding the entrance to the stand as both sets of supporters would have to enter and exit via the same road.

However, if a suitable soloution can be found and Police Scotland give Motherwell the go ahead, there could be over 10,000 home fans inside Fir Park tomorrow afternoon.

Only season ticket holders, Well Society members or those on the club's ticketing database have been allowed to buy briefs for the home end to try and stop Rangers supporters infiltrating these sections.

It is just the latest development in a ticketing saga which has enshrouded both legs of this play-off, with Motherwell only allocating Rangers 1500 tickets after their own request for 2000 briefs at Ibrox was refused.

Meanwhile, Motherwell are hopeful both Steven Hammell and Stephen Pearson will be fit for the second leg of tomorrow's second leg.

Hammell, who has missed most of the season with a groin injury, and Pearson (hamstring strain) went off in the second half of Motherwell's 3-1 win at Ibrox but reported major progress following treatment on Friday.

Defender Louis Laing came through the game without any reaction to his recent groin problem.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/motherwell-consider-home-fans-in-away-stand-for-rangers-clash-208583n.127529311

Motherwell consider home fans in away stand for Rangers clash

MOTHERWELL are set to approach Police Scotland about opening up Fir Park's away stand to home fans ahead of tomorrow's crunch with Rangers.

Scott MullenGroup Sports Writer
Saturday 30/05/2015

Can't see it happening or the south stand selling out completely. Would love it to happen though with well fans singing from every end of the stadium

• Like 1

It is believed there is an issue over safety regarding the entrance to the stand as both sets of supporters would have to enter and exit via the same road.

The same issue that Dodge raised. I'm a bit puzzled though. Isn't this the case at other grounds though - Tannadice, McDiarmid Park, Dens Park, Dingwall, Inverness?

In the past both sets of supporters have used Fir Park Street to gain access to our ground and shared toilets and kiosks. So whats the problem?

Credit to the club for pursuing this.