Motherwell V The Rangers Spfl Playoff Final 2Nd Leg 31/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Fantastic result today and over the piece we were worthy 6-1 winners. As expected Rangers relied on the long high ball and initially we allowed them far too much leeway to sling crosses into the box. Once we scored the first goal though the outcome was never in doubt. A huge result for us. So credit is due to Ian Baraclough and the players - a real team performance. Probably Lasley, Pearson Johnson and McManus were the pick of the bunch. We got our tactics just about spot on.

A very emotional day in many ways for so many but my overriding emotion is one of relief.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the flare was a Rangers fan too, he didn't have anything 'Well' related on and he seemed to disappear down the stairs with the rest of their fans just after it and FTD the guy who got spat on didn't get chucked out, not that I could see anyway, the 2 police who came rushing down 5 mins later had a word then he went back to his seat.

channel 4 news just covered the game and ignored the bullshit at the end (i also liked the way the only other attempts on goals they showed were from the Well and told it like it was (it what they do best)

In the course of a normal game Erwin's push would have merited, at worst, a yellow card. Looking at the TV footage I don't think Craig Thomson even saw Erwin's part in what happened so for him to dish out a red for it seems very unfair. Worth an appeal?

Not long home. Absolutely quality day and delighted I decided to head down (nearly didn't bother). Got a ticket for the main stand, right up the back left corner. Top notch day, will sleep easily tonight. Special mention to the end of the East Stand giving the away fans total pelters all day.

"You're not Rangers any more"

"Down with the Hibees, you're staying down with the Hibees"

...and a few more that I can't mind.

What a day!

In the course of a normal game Erwin's push would have merited, at worst, a yellow card. Looking at the TV footage I don't think Craig Thomson even saw Erwin's part in what happened so for him to dish out a red for it seems very unfair. Worth an appeal?

If you shove someone unprovoked (other than whatever verbals took place) you're always going to run the risk of a red. IMHO he should just chalk it up to experience and hope it makes him thinks twice about doing something that stupid next time.

Dunno if it has been mentioned but did anyone see Erwin's behaviour at the penalty? He grabbed the ball, refused to give it up and slammed it down in a huff when he didn't get to take it. I thought he was a gurny bastard all day, could've played a teammate in a few times. Sign of a winner I spose!

Also thought Skippy's handling of the above incident was class.

• Like 1

Seems to have carried on outside the ground as well, there's a vid on RM showing the end of it as he's being taken back to the bus by Rangers staff.

Found the mirrors match report quite funny and they at least pointed out that the guy with the flag was trying to get the ball and didn't mean to hit him with it.

One of the pics makes it look like Miller was involved too, looked like he was about to throw a punch, never really saw him at the time and Ainsworth might well get a ban too for his punch on Moshni.

Dunno if it has been mentioned but did anyone see Erwin's behaviour at the penalty? He grabbed the ball, refused to give it up and slammed it down in a huff when he didn't get to take it. I thought he was a gurny bastard all day, could've played a teammate in a few times. Sign of a winner I spose!

I was annoyed at Erwin at the time but I suppose emotions would be running high at the time and if he won it its only natural that he would have wanted to take the penalty.

That sort of behaviour is not on in my opinion but to be fair to Erwin he was one of the first to run over to congratulate Sutton.

Also, wee Lionel should get a medal instead of a ban for taking on a giant ghoul like Mohsni!

It was a great day, ironically it was mire celebrated than finishing second in the league

Bara deserves a lot if praise, there were a few games, notably St Johnstone and Dundee at home , in Jan/Feb , where I didn't think we would even make the play offs.Most of His signings have made a big difference , in spite of them getting pelters on here , week in week out

Pleased for Bara , he seems a decent guy, he's kept his nerve throughout

Great atmosphere yesterday too

Downsides were the flare coming on (if it was a well fan) and the clowns on the pitch goading the Rangers fans at the end, if they had come on , it could have been really nasty.Credit to the Rangers fans for showing restraint.....I know that won't be a popular view but it's good to show a bit of class, win or lose

• Like 3

I wasn't too bothered about that. Like you say, shows he's a winner and desperate to score. As soon as Skippy stepped in an manager said Sutton he stepped away. Ok so he slammed the ball down but we'll let him off with that.

You're right though he did seem in a mood all game ? Maybe learning off Skippy !