Motherwell V The Rangers Spfl Playoff Final 2Nd Leg 31/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Surely you are not actually being serious?

This is a complete overreaction from the league who have felt the need to respond to a sensationalist media campaign. The only act of "unacceptable conduct'. Had the Moshni incident not happened this wouldn't even be getting discussed.

Did we see a fine for St Johnstone a couple of years ago when both set of supporters, home and away, invaded the pitch? Of course we didn't! Take Rangers out the equation and it's not an issue.

The club took all necessary precautions and do not deserve a fine.

Just announced - SFA officially charging us for the crowd on the pitch at the end of the game.

Everyone who ran on...nice one...hopefully you will dig in to your pockets and donate to the club if we get fined.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/motherwell/1326073-motherwell-charged-by-spfl-over-premiership-play-off-final-crowd-trouble/

Let the hand wringing begin... And it's not the remit of the SFA either.

Rangers fans probably wetting themselves at the prospect of replacing us in the top division, getting Lionel and Marv, and each getting a Motherwell fan as a personal slave. But I doubt it will be that serious, prob a fine and a warning.

The club said they provided 3 times more police and stewarding than they did for Celtic games, so that would seem to be a reasonable effort.

It was still stupid behaviour from that section of the fans, though, because we all know how the authorities would react.

I would imagine only a fine if a guilty verdict is given and thats it. End of the day the club put measures in place for tickets, hired additional stewards and policing for the game, warnings were put out over the tannoy to warn fans not to enter the field of play so i'm not sure what else the club could have done. Thankfully fans did disperse rather quickly after invasion and other incidents like the flag hitting elbows, the police did agree this was an accident.

Surprised it's taken almost ten weeks to address this. If this was against any other club no doubt it would be a case of forgive and forget.

The beaks probably had to wait until the poor wee souls had finished their therapy after the fright they got from all those big nasty men running on shouting and waving at them. Still love the RFC forums at the time praising them for their restraint on the face of huge provocation, priceless...

Unfortunately it did taint the occasion, not sure we will be exonerated despite the club's effort in providing tannoy warnings and extra stewarding. We have previous re season end pitch invasions, which I'm sure will be dug up again. I think best outcome would be a censure, a suspended fine and a statement that we will be punished heavily for any future transgressions.

However I fear we may have accumulated enough previous issues to be fined. Utter pish, but a distinct possibility

I know a lot of folk will disagree but I was there and it could have got out of hand, seeing police horses to restrain fans doesn't look good and although everyone dispersed quickly it really was all unnecessary. I have no time for Old Firm and all the bigotry we have to hear but some of our own fans really need to think again about any pitch invasion. At end of day that is my opinion and having followed Well for 38 yes I feel I have right to give such a view. P's. COYW!!!!!!

• Like 5