Motherwell V The Rangers Spfl Playoff Final 2Nd Leg 31/05/15

Yabba's Turd

The last time I was on trackside at Fir park it was due to Rangers fans invading all the Well terracing in an attempt to stop a game we were running away with.

So don't give me any crap about our Bois celebrating.

They think they own the game as do the SFA.

I'll happily pile in to pay what I can if we are fined and I'm sure fans of just about every other club in Scotland will too.

About time we stood up like the team did and stop apologising.

• Like 4

End of the day here...emotion to the side.

We have previous for going on the pitch, we were warned not to go on the pitch countless times this year and previous years also, we did then go on to the pitch.

IF we get fined (or whatever)it's the fault of the fans who went on which is shite for the club and poor show from the fans who did it.

• Like 6

When I seen this I couldn't resist a peek at their forum.

Funniest stuff I've read in ages.

Knuckle dragging Orcs.

Apparently the spfl "carge" Motherwell according to thread title.

And they're still calling for criminal assault charges for the attack with the flag LMFAO

Shouldn't even be a fine. As I'm sure I read above we increased our security precautions way beyond normal for an old firm match, a bit of over zealous exuberance was quickly marshalled so it wouldn't escalate and within a handful of minutes fans on the park were off it again. We also haven't had an end of season pitch invasion for a few years that I recall, it isn't like its been a situation the club turned a blind eye towards.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fine but equally I think the club have a pretty solid argument.

- can it be shown that there was adequate stewarding & policing in place? - yes, the club had more than they would normally have for a game vs Celtic. that's a fact that can be demonstrated with evidence as well.

- did the club use PSA to warn against encroaching on the field - yes

- was the encroachment dealt with without incident? - yes, those who entered the field dispersed within a few minutes.

you can argue that the 'scenes' were perhaps unedifying to those of a sensitive nature and an excuse of it was GIRFUY to Sevco probably won't fly though would certainly allow for a bit of context but as far the club's management of the game goes I think they've enough evidence in their favour to say that they 'did everything they could'.

could it all have kicked off? of course, but you could say that about any game. did it actually kick off? no, and that fact can largely be attributed to the steps the club had in place to manage it.

genuine question as I can't remember/don't know, there have been various comments saying we've got 'previous' for this sort of thing however have we actually ever been warned or censured about it?

• Like 1

We also haven't had an end of season pitch invasion for a few years that I recall, it isn't like its been a situation the club turned a blind eye towards.

We've definitely had one for the last three seasons in a row now. Possibly more, I can't remember 2011-12.

Actions have consequences. Are you suggesting that to be aware of these makes someone a Nazi? Now that is stupid.

Fans going onto the park has not been acceptable to the football authorities for over thirty years. If you or anyone else attending a football match in Scotland are not aware of that fact then you and they are stupid. This stupidity is then compounded by the fact that they were warned by the club not to do so, but chose to ignore it.

Did they think that this would then be ignored by the said authorities? If they did so then that is more "stupid". Did they not care? Then that is ignorant, a special kind of "stupid". Lots of "stupid" going on and the unfortunate consequences of it will, most likely, be some form of sanction against the club. You cannot really blame the authorities. How else are they going to stop this unacceptable behaviour?

Yer an absolute hoot of a poster, btw.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fine but equally I think the club have a pretty solid argument.

- can it be shown that there was adequate stewarding & policing in place? - yes, the club had more than they would normally have for a game vs Celtic. that's a fact that can be demonstrated with evidence as well.

- did the club use PSA to warn against encroaching on the field - yes

- was the encroachment dealt with without incident? - yes, those who entered the field dispersed within a few minutes.

you can argue that the 'scenes' were perhaps unedifying to those of a sensitive nature and an excuse of it was GIRFUY to Sevco probably won't fly though would certainly allow for a bit of context but as far the club's management of the game goes I think the've enough evidence in their favour to say that they 'did everything they could'.

could it all have kicked off? of course, but you could say that about any game. did it actually kick off? no, and that fact can largely be attributed to the steps the club had in place to manage it.

genuine question as I can't remember/don't know, there have been various comments saying we've got 'previous' for this sort of thing however have we actually ever been warned or censured about it?

Presumably also Police Scotland would have advised on the amount and nature of police presence and acted accordingly?

In short what more the club have done?

Most of the pitch invasion came as usual from the Kids section at the far end of the East Stand. I am all for supporting your club, but some idiots need the finger pointed at them. I sat in seat and basked in the glory rather than running onto the park like an eejit. Brought it on ourselves. No excuses...

Kids section?! Excuse me?

FYI, without wanting to point the blame at anyone for the club potentially getting an unnecessary fine, the first few folk on the pitch came from the opposite end of the "Kids section"

Bed-Wetter.

Yer an absolute hoot of a poster, btw.

Why, because he can articulate his point?

Separately

Some fantastic whataboutery on display in this topic. The minute we start judging ourselves by the standards set by Old Firm fans then you know we have a problem.

From my vantage point in the cooper stand it appeared that everyone in the East we're going to comply with the instructions and stay put. After a few seconds, the first person to break through was a girl coming from the Cooper end of the East stand, she was quickly followed by a few kids and then more from the Bois end. To be fair, the Bois seemed to be abiding by the instructions until there was already dozens on the pitch.

• Like 1

The last time I was on trackside at Fir park it was due to Rangers fans invading all the Well terracing in an attempt to stop a game we were running away with.

So don't give me any crap about our Bois celebrating.

They think they own the game as do the SFA.

I'll happily pile in to pay what I can if we are fined and I'm sure fans of just about every other club in Scotland will too.

About time we stood up like the team did and stop

apologising.

I would rather my contributions went on the playing staff rather than paying an avoidable fine....they were told not to go on the pitch and goad the rangers fans and they did,so its pointless tryjng to justify it in any way..
.vast majority of fans and players were brilliant tho

I would rather my contributions went on the playing staff rather than paying an avoidable fine....they were told not to go on the pitch and goad the rangers fans and they did,so its pointless tryjng to justify it in any way..

.vast majority of fans and players were brilliant tho

Shire

Me too but honestly unless you over 55 plus you don't get my issue with this mob.

Ill still pony up whatever I can.

Peace.