Motherwell V The Rangers Spfl Playoff Final 2Nd Leg 31/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Indeed. Supporters of our club who should have known better. As such, despite the best efforts of the club, you can scarcely blame the authorities for charging the club over the matter. We have a fair amount of "previous" on this.

The question has always been "could the club have done any more to prevent this happening?" and if the answer is no there is no punishment.

Considering the crap that Celtic and Rangers have gotten away with over the years we should not be getting punished for this. There was a wall of stewards but if kids want to get on they will get on.

• Like 1

who will be to blame?

People who are still out there wanting to live a life, not be told at every step , to get in line and sit down, suffer in silence, don't speak out when things are wrong, folk that want to celebrate like they and others have done for decades, thousands of people and only one or two if any incidents that were 'of note'.

where was the threat - retaliation? where was the trouble? where was the damage to property or persons? I'd fine the reporters and media that termed it disgraceful for bringing the event into disrepute, sit them down and ask them why? because of what? no trouble, no violence, no damage, nothing BAD at all, lots of pant wetting © fritz and pandering to pondlife, who have resurrected the issue months after the event.

• Like 5

This is complete crap when you think of some of the ludicrous charges the SPL come up with and dispense viz Sevco : bet against your own team no problem. Slap on wrist. Sectarian chanting no worries too many of them to do anything about.

Woo hang on ! Motherwell wee diddy team, embarrassed the mighty gers who as we know need to get back to their rightful place.

Lets beat them down. Show them their place.

This is out and out ridiculous.

Why now?

To damage us financially.

Complete F***rs

I'm raging.

The question has always been "could the club have done any more to prevent this happening?" and if the answer is no there is no punishment.

Considering the crap that Celtic and Rangers have gotten away with over the years we should not be getting punished for this. There was a wall of stewards but if kids want to get on they will get on.

Using the Old Firm to set the standard is probably not the way to go. Unless you want the bar to be so low that anything goes.

As for doing more, the club could have employed more stewards, paid for a larger police presence, put in temporary or permanent fencing etc. there is always more you can do.

People who are still out there wanting to live a life, not be told at every step , to get in line and sit down, suffer in silence, don't speak out when things are wrong, folk that want to celebrate like they and others have done for decades, thousands of people and only one or two if any incidents that were 'of note'.

where was the threat - retaliation? where was the trouble? where was the damage to property or persons? I'd fine the reporters and media that termed it disgraceful for bringing the event into disrepute, sit them down and ask them why? because of what? no trouble, no violence, no damage, nothing BAD at all, lots of pant wetting © fritz and pandering to pondlife, who have resurrected the issue months after the event.

Ah, God bless the free spirited exuberance of our fun loving support.

I take it they will be happy to pay the fine?

Using the Old Firm to set the standard is probably not the way to go. Unless you want the bar to be so low that anything goes.

As for doing more, the club could have employed more stewards, paid for a larger police presence, put in temporary or permanent fencing etc. there is always more you can do.

I think they did, just perhaps not enough lol

Ah, God bless the free spirited exuberance of our fun loving support.

I take it they will be happy to pay the fine?

IF there is a fine, they will already have paid for it, and will continue to contribute to the clubs funds and at the very least a hell of a lot of 'them' will make it known that the club have been wronged in such a development, meanwhile you'll be campaigning for fences and further measures to cage in the 'criminal football fan' who hath caused no harm,

• Like 1

IF there is a fine, they will already have paid for it, and will continue to contribute to the clubs funds and at the very least a hell of a lot of 'them' will make it known that the club have been wronged in such a development, meanwhile you'll be campaigning for fences and further measures to cage in the 'criminal football fan' who hath casued no harm,

Stupidity has a price. Unfortunately it. Is not just the stupid who pay it.

Does your "no harm done" argument work for driving whiled pissed?

As for fences, personally not a huge fan so not sure where you get the idea of me campaigning for them. Hyperbole on your behalf?

• Like 1

It concerns me reading some of these posts. Yes there was no trouble but if Rangers fans had retaliated it would have been horrific. Sickens me this has overshadowee what were 2 amazing results and occasions against Gers. Anyway fed up talking about it, here's to hopefully a great season ahead

It concerns me reading some of these posts. Yes there was no trouble but if Rangers fans had retaliated it would have been horrific. Sickens me this has overshadowee what were 2 amazing results and occasions against Gers. Anyway fed up talking about it, here's to hopefully a great season ahead

You're being a bit of drama queen here.

It's 2015, not 1981. The guys in the Rangers end would have had work on the monday the same as the vast majority in our end, apart from the odd lunatic people aren't going to run on a football park to fight any more with cctv, the media coverage and sentencing even if they really wanted to.

Stupidity has a price. Unfortunately it. Is not just the stupid who pay it.

Does your "no harm done" argument work for driving whiled pissed?

As for fences, personally not a huge fan so not sure where you get the idea of me campaigning for them. Hyperbole on your behalf?

drink drivers woooo , that escalated quickly, again bringing criminality in a coversation about fans, you've set that tone, lets not end up at nazis, keep shouting about the stupid fans , I'd go as far as listing everything else you think Motherwell fans are stupid for, but I'll let you vent off with them to keep the post going

Dont, be concerned grizzlybear, you are correct there was no trouble with fans on the pitch, say it again, no trouble, and please dont let it overshadow two amazing results and occasions it was a privilege to be at both, not one single thing overshadowed the performances or the results for most Motherwell fans you shouldn't be any different , Lets look forward to celebrating again .....

• Like 1

IF there is a fine, they will already have paid for it, and will continue to contribute to the clubs funds and at the very least a hell of a lot of 'them' will make it known that the club have been wronged in such a development

I'm sorry, but eh?

So the club has to just regard the guys who sit in section E of the East Stand as revenue neutral? Maybe put their season ticket money straight into a separate "fines" bank account for when it's next needed?

I don't suspect I'm the only one who thinks: no pitch invasion = no drama = no fines

It's from the same school of thought as: no smoke bombs = no drama = no fines

I think we will get something, it will be a token gesture as the club can easily demonstrate they had taken more than adequate precautions. Still galls me after a 6-1 mauling over those who don't walk away, the "afters" have consumed more column inches and pitted Well fan against Well fan on here.

• Like 1

drink drivers woooo , that escalated quickly, again bringing criminality in a coversation about fans, you've set that tone, lets not end up at nazis, keep shouting about the stupid fans , I'd go as far as listing everything else you think Motherwell fans are stupid for, but I'll let you vent off with them to keep the post going

Actions have consequences. Are you suggesting that to be aware of these makes someone a Nazi? Now that is stupid.

Fans going onto the park has not been acceptable to the football authorities for over thirty years. If you or anyone else attending a football match in Scotland are not aware of that fact then you and they are stupid. This stupidity is then compounded by the fact that they were warned by the club not to do so, but chose to ignore it.

Did they think that this would then be ignored by the said authorities? If they did so then that is more "stupid". Did they not care? Then that is ignorant, a special kind of "stupid". Lots of "stupid" going on and the unfortunate consequences of it will, most likely, be some form of sanction against the club. You cannot really blame the authorities. How else are they going to stop this unacceptable behaviour?

• Like 1

Most of the pitch invasion came as usual from the Kids section at the far end of the East Stand. I am all for supporting your club, but some idiots need the finger pointed at them. I sat in seat and basked in the glory rather than running onto the park like an eejit. Brought it on ourselves. No excuses...

End of the day. Fans were told about 500 times to not go on the pitch. Fans went on the pitch. Fans ran straight to the opposition fans to rip the pish out of them. Sevco fans went a bit radge threw a few coins. Then in came four horsemen of the apocalypse to sort them all out. Club will accept the fine and will tell the fans again at the end of the season about 600 times not to go on the pitch, fans will run into pitch...............

• Like 1

Those who encroached?

here endeth our discussion.... your opinion, not mine

You seriously think that it is perfectly fine for fans to invade the pitch?

More importantly, given the circumstances, you seriously think that such actions would not lead to the footballing authorities sanctioning the club?

Please note that both of these questions are rhetorical so I am in no need of an answer, or indeed any lesson, from your good self.

Edit, read the original as " here endeth the lesson" rather than " discussion". As such, apologies for my unwarranted "lesson" comment.