Game Show Night

Motherwell Football Club

There may be a few ruing not attending, done similar in the past myself, but various reasons stop people giong to these functions.

Concentrate on the positives I say, decent turnout on a wintry Wednesday night made it a roaring success. Tese kind of things don't happen enough IMO, our fans will support ventures like this if they're offered, they just haven't had such opportunities very often. My one hope is that the success of Wednesday shows it's worthwhile for the club to try more and maybe start building those bridges I and others have spoken about so much.

Heard many plaudits thrown the way of the organisers and rightly so, but one which I heard yesterday maybe shows signs of moving in the right direction and that was praise for John Boyle and Leeann Dempster who actively engaged in conversation on many points which frustrate supporters. As the person said to me, Boyle could easily have decided he didn't want hassled on a night out but he listened, offered his views as well, and hopefully took on board some of the arguments we have but never had the opportunity to put across to him directly.

Hats off to the pair of them as well then, maybe if he can remember (cos he did seem to enjoy the night if you know what I mean) what was discussed he will have some food for thought when he gets back to Fir Park.

Aye, good night. Thought Tam was better than Johnny G to be honest; mibby it was just the 'well jokes that hit the right spot! Funny how there's no been many folk on saying ' Sounds like a good night, sorry I missed it' ... word must have got around <_<

'Sounds like a good night, sorry I missed it' - happy now???

• 2 weeks later...

As most agree the game show night was a good exercise and we must have raised a few quid for Youth Development. Does anyone know what kind of sum was raised and does Gordon Young have anything particular in mind for its use on the Youth Development front?

Another good win for the 19s this week

• 11 years later...

Quite enjoyed a wee bit of reminiscing going through the full thread.

A couple of posts with especially good foresight about our Champions League involvement!

Maybe Frazzle's unwittingly hit upon an idea there to occasionally bring back a thread from the dead for viewing to see what the talk of the day was.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Quite enjoyed a wee bit of reminiscing going through the full thread.

A couple of posts with especially good foresight about our Champions League involvement!

Maybe Frazzle's unwittingly hit upon an idea there to occasionally bring back a thread from the dead for viewing to see what the talk of the day was.

As long as there are no more photos of Frazzle. :D