Next Season's Squad

MelvinBragg

I know the season is just finished but tomorrow is 1st June. How many players do we have under contract for next season? By my calculation it's

Twardzik

Watt

Reid

McManus

Law

Angol

Hammell

Pearson

Lasley

Johnson

Leitch (?)

D Thomas

Moore (?)

Not much to work with there but suppose it gives the manager a blank canvas to start with...

Looking at that squad a keeper is a must I like twardzik tries hard but having a big commanding keeper made a difference. I am pretty confident Erwin will sign on for at least a year so he can improve. If ainsworth isn't coming back a winger is needed. Another midfielder as I feel Keith has only one season left in him.

Id hope ainsworth signs again. Suttons mobility has always been an issue for me but he is a goal scorer I just dunno if he'd be happy with a role on the bench or if can afford his wages for a coming of the bench player

Edited by keebo86

I would also like to see Ainsworth, Skippy and Erwin next season; these guys with Marvin, not sure how many teams would get out Fir Park with any points.

Definitely need to address the defence defence as 123 goals conceded in the past 2 seasons is shocking.

Be good if we can support the team and stop singling out players for abuse.

Think at this level Sutton has reached his peak and now has entered the downside of his career. Been a great servant to us over the years and I think we have gotten the very, very best of him. Had we gone down then definitely worthy of a new contract but for Premier level, and for the purposes of making cash money, I think we need a new, hungry, up and comer

And I think that's why Sutton got to take the penalty above Erwin. I think it was only right that he got to sign off with a goal given all that he's contributed over the years.

Erwin's had an offer to stay and has other clubs interested so not quite as big a deal to get a goal.

I had mixed emotions about the penalty dilemma but could fully understand Erwin's frustrations. The boy ran himself into the ground over 2 legs against his former boyhood heroes.

Anyway, Skippy handled it well. Got a daft feeling he may stay unless he gets a really good offer elsewhere.

I think it is good that we are able to start with an almost clean slate.

Past two games aside, we have been utterly dross for large chunks of the season and a huge clear out is required.

We still have a crux of decent experienced players in the squad.

----------------------------GK-------------------------

Law-----------McManus--------CD----------Hammell

RM-----------Lasley------Pearson-------Johnson

-----------------ST---------------ST-----------------

Subs:

Twardzik

Watt

Leitch

Thomas

Moore

Not sure what the deal is with Reid and Angol however I wouldn't be surprised to see them move on.

Sparing the fact that anyone will sign on again (Ainsworth, McDonald etc.), we need a minimum of 5 players coming in. More likely, with the amount of wages which have now been freed, we will be looking to bring in 9/10, players.

I imagine Bara will be thinking:

CB x 2

LB x 1

CM x 2

RM x 1

AM x 1

ST x 3

It's going to be an interesting summer.

Would be great if Skippy stayed but his family are in London, so probably look to head back, hope i'm wrong though

He was as good as on a plane back to Oz before we stepped in. As much as I would love him to stay I feel we should be investing in younger players with resale value.

Would we not be better trying to secure players such as Erwin who potentially could bring the club a good transfer fee in the future?

McDonald is the kind of experienced player that we need to complement some younger players like Erwin if they both stay, would be delighted if he signed a 2 year deal.

Would happily take Laing if he was available, one of the worst debuts I have ever witnessed but has came on and been pretty steady since then. One that might make us money later on if we could tie him to a decent length deal.

Likewise more than happy to keep Ainsworth, can blow hot or cold but be hard to replace if he moves on.

Hopefully see more game time for guys like Watt and Thomas next season as well.

Ainsworth, Mcdonald and erwin to resign would be great. Erwin has improved dramatically playing with Mcdonald and I think if given another year of being taken under mcdonalds wing he could become international class...don't think any will sign though but still quite excited to see if we can recruit players of Marvins quality over the summer