Clyde 1 Tonight

I enjoyed listening to the "Celtic fan" who was a "steward" at the game was appalled by he ugly scenes as someone in corporate hospitality gave some h**s the finger!

Obviously actually one of those precious Vanguard Berz.

keevins had written us off before rangers beat hibs saying "motherwell are not good enough to beat rangers" :spiteful:

If I was that shite at my job id get the sack

Keevins isn't shite at his job though, he's very good at it.

His job is to generate interest in the show, get people phoning in, raise levels of participation. He does that in spades.

Anyone can see that he makes these outlandish claims because he knows that he'll antagonise people into calling in to argue with him. After the first game on Thursday there was actually people phoning in simply to ask when Keevins would be back on so they could ring in and talk to him!

He plays both sides of the Rangers & Celtic divide like a well tuned violin, so he does. He has both sets of fans believing he's "secretly" a supporter of the other, and he knows exactly what to say and when to say it to send either side into a tizzy.

Him saying that Rangers would romp the tie had fuck all to do with disrespecting Motherwell, and everything to do with getting the green side of the numpty divide to go mental and be queuing up to phone in and say "told you so!!" if we won, and to prompt Rangers fans into agreeing with him.

He's probably the one old school journo who's actually evolved and knows how to play the media game.

Radio Scotland was off air by the time I got back to the car so I was interested to hear what had been said. Chic Young sounded almost suicidal and there is no way a journalist should be as biased as that. Former players I can understand but that was highly unprofessional.

Yeah. He's not the best spoken but over the last few years Ferguson has generally been pretty balanced and brings a real enthusiasm which puts the majority of the doom merchants to shame.

He's been a much better pundit than I thought he would have been and he also went up in my estimation with his coverage of the 6-6 Hibs game.

On Sunday's programme Richard Gordon's enjoyment of the occasion was an incredible contrast to Chic Young's misery.

Just listened to both podcasts. I seriously do not miss the sports media in Scotland one little bit.

As an aside, the patter that the sporting authorities should be allowed to deal with matters like the Mohsni incident is pure guff. What will they do about this? The square root of fuck all. It was a vicious and thuggish assault and they are quite right to consider it as a criminal act and proceed accordingly. The fact that it occurred on a sports field is irrelevant.

Thought that Mr Burrows came over very well, and, if anything, was too reasonable and understanding when dealing with some of the drivel from Chic Young. Still, he was probably right as you should never get into an argument with a moron as they drag you down to their level, then win because of their greater experience there.

The problem with bringing in the law is that they would all have to be dealt with , including the Well p,ayers, you can imagine the hullabaloo if Moshni was prosecuted and the others weren't, no matter who started or whose punches/kicks were more severe.Think we should just put it down to experience

The problem with bringing in the law is that they would all have to be dealt with , including the Well p,ayers, you can imagine the hullabaloo if Moshni was prosecuted and the others weren't, no matter who started or whose punches/kicks were more severe.Think we should just put it down to experience

An issue for the Police, PF and the Courts, should it get that far. I honestly believe that important things like the criminal legal system should not be compromised for the reason that they are "too difficult". If the facts relating to some of our players involvement in a public brawl require to be tested in a court then so be it.

For what it is worth, I doubt there will be any action taken in this case.

That fight should never go to court - it would open up a massive can of worms. It was basically handbags.

If that had happened in the street would it be viewed the same though? Rather than asking for a handshake maybe someone asks you for the time or a light for a cigarette. You either ignore them or tell them to fuck off and they shove you in the back, you turn round and throw a punch followed by a kick at which point two of his mates get involved.

I doubt the police would look at that as a simple case of handbags.

Truth is, we very rarely see that kind of thing after games in football, so even if it did go to court it wouldn't really cause much of an issue within the game I don't think.

If that had happened in the street would it be viewed the same though? Rather than asking for a handshake maybe someone asks you for the time or a light for a cigarette. You either ignore them or tell them to fuck off and they shove you in the back, you turn round and throw a punch followed by a kick at which point two of his mates get involved.

I doubt the police would look at that as a simple case of handbags.

Truth is, we very rarely see that kind of thing after games in football, so even if it did go to court it wouldn't really cause much of an issue within the game I don't think.

No it would not be viewed the same, simply because it is completely different.

How many rugby players would be doing time using the 'done that on the street' argument'.

I've seen much much worse in the street and know for a fact that none of it went to court.

I never said that it should go to court, i'm simply saying that it shouldn't be considered "handbags". For me, "handbags" would have been Mohsni reacting with a shove back at Erwin before people came in and broke them up.

Fact is, he threw a punch and a kick at someone. Any time you do that, be it on a football park, in the street or wherever, you're opening yourself up to police action.

The problem with bringing in the police is where do you stop? If I slid into someone in the middle of Argyle street and clipped their leg it would be assault. Should every missed tackle on a football pitch be reviewed by the police?

And what about boxing? That's legized assault.

Would quickly turn into farce. Let the football authorities deal with it.

The problem with bringing in the police is where do you stop? If I slid into someone in the middle of Argyle street and clipped their leg it would be assault. Should every missed tackle on a football pitch be reviewed by the police?

And what about boxing? That's legized assault.

Would quickly turn into farce. Let the football authorities deal with it.

I'll ask you the same question. Where do we draw the line? If it's considered acceptable for a guy to punch another guy in the face and kick him in the back and only have the football authorities deal with it, then how should a player calling another player a "black c*nt", for example, be dealt with? Is racism not a criminal offence if the racist happens to be wearing a football strip and playing a game at the time?

Should that kind of incident be treated by the football authorities only? What if instead of Erwin shoving Mohsni he'd reacted to his non-handshake by telling him to fuck off back to the desert or something similar? You think we wouldn't have seen the police get involved then?

The truth is, footballers shouldn't be immune to the law of the land simply because they're playing a game. You're example of a sliding tackle in Argyle street is extremely poor, and not something I'd have expected from you to be honest. There are clearly incidents that happen during a game that can be deemed "handbags", but that carry-on with Mohsni isn't one of them.

Cantona was arrested and convicted of assault when he threw a kick at someone in a football stadium. Why should Mohsni be any different?

Radio Scotland was off air by the time I got back to the car so I was interested to hear what had been said. Chic Young sounded almost suicidal and there is no way a journalist should be as biased as that. Former players I can understand but that was highly unprofessional.

I wouldn't mind them being biased, hurt or emotional for their own team. They need to admit to it though!