Next Season's Strip

Happy Dosser

The Pettigrew / Graham team were the first I remember as a boy so I absolutely love that mock up. Would buy it tomorrow....

Same here. The sash will always have that association for me, which makes it pretty special.

Love the Pettigrew/Graham tribute style. Magical memories warching us in it.

I remember buying from the club shop in Windmillhill street beside the Civic Centre.

Always went down well wearing it at PE in Glasgow, I've been spreading the gospel to the Weegies since the 70's!

Speaking of Leeds- the Admiral strip that followed the sash one- a claret and white stripe the full length of the sleeves and a very bright yellow was a monstrosity . Skin tight and made of the roughest nylon material . No repeat of that please.

Black socks???? Just plain Naw!

One of my favourite away tops included the sash. White strip with a claret and amber sash spoiled only by the inclusion of the Ian Skelly moniker.

Produced by Matchwinner during 89/90 if I remember rightly. Classy.

I liked that one too. Although in 1976 I think it was our change strip rather than away strip thanks to Scotland, at that time, being one of the few (or only) leagues where home team changed if there was a clash.

I hate the sash strip, the word sash just annoys me!! all that's missing is a pair of white gloves and a bowler hat.

Traditional full hoop, its the only way!! Or a pair of hooped shorts like Scotlands 86 world cup strip..........or maybe not!!

• Like 1

Hopefully the club will cater for the folk who actually buy strips ie folk under 30. #sashisgash

That's a fair point, I wonder how many folk don't buy strips because they don't like the design? I just couldn't take to the home kit with the blue Zoom band for example and refused to buy that. I sheepishly gave in and bought the away kit when we got to the League Cup Final with its marginally less offensive sponsor logo. I'm pretty sure we were stuck with that home kit for 2 seasons as well. Doubtless just to spite me...

Strips aside I'm hoping for a proper badge on whatever polos, training tops etc. we get this season. I was particularly pleased when Macron got the gig having seen some of the excellent stuff they produced for the Scottish rugby team. Bit more expensive yes but quality stuff. If it's another case of an embroidered Macron logo on one side and a cheap, plastic looking Motherwell badge opposite then again my cash is likely to remain in my pocket this season.

Hopefully the club will cater for the folk who actually buy strips ie folk under 30. #sashisgash

That's an ageist statement there, mate.

It's all about the history- past, present and future...

If it's good, it's good

If it's shot, it's shit

P.S / how about a wee discount for the over 30s????

I agree, i'm post-30 but I can't be doing will all this retro nonsense.

Retro should be left for memories, if we keep trying to bring things back then the present has no identity or time-stamp to it.

• Like 1

Geedub

That's the kind of attitude that could make Mike Ashley a very poor man...

I'm happy to fork out for merchandise as long as it's decent quality and doesn't cheapen the image of the club

It's all pennies in the coffers

Turnstile cash is becoming an ever smaller part of the income stream these days unfortunately

I hate the sash strip, the word sash just annoys me!! all that's missing is a pair of white gloves and a bowler hat.

Traditional full hoop, its the only way!! Or a pair of hooped shorts like Scotlands 86 world cup strip..........or maybe not!!

Did we call it a sash in the '70s, I don't remember that.