Next Season's Strip

Happy Dosser

If I had to choose a Macron shirt template for an updated sash/diagonal design I would be tempted to go for the 2014/15 Lazio design. Similar to our 70s top I would prefer it if the sash went from the top right shoulder to the bottom left hand corner of the shirt. However, I did notice that the standard Macron sash team wear sash shirt goes in the opposite direction and the neck line is a standard crew neck. Depending on the sponsor, it is possible for the sash to remain unbroken, however, some designs elect to leave a gap in the middle. I am not too fussed on the colour of the shorts, however, our 70s kit mainly utilised claret shorts. The same with the socks I would go with either all amber with claret hoops or claret with amber hoops. Anyway, here is a very rough mock up to demonstrate how it might look.

fp1n40.jpg

• Like 2

All fine and dandy, hope the kit manufacturer gets the club emblem correct this season with poor finishing visible on last seasons efforts.

I have to agree the finish on the club badge has always been a bug bear of mine, however, although I no longer buy tops I noticed the finish on last seasons badge was a little odd.

Would be nice if we could bring back Marinello, Graham and Pettigrew along with the diagonal. (You can keep the ploughed field version of Parkhead, though).

The memories of watching they guys play is why some of us fancy a return to the diagonal band. Don't care who wore the yellow Admiral number though, I never want to see that monstrosity at Fir Park again.

The 5-3 Rangers game where they invaded the pitch (showing impeccable restraint) after we went 2-0 up...just before our 2nd goal Davie Cooper passes to Bobby Russell, who passes to Tommy McLean. Then Willie McVie flattens Gordon Smith, steps over his victim and has a wee look at the Rangers fans as if to say 'Whit aboot it?'

Mind you, in the second half he smashed in a beauty of an OG and had to listen to the hoardes singing Willie, Willie, Willie McVie..Karma's a bitch.

Cash Convertors have been very supportive, however, they probably dont fit our new owners community vision. They are basically a pawn shop and Les maybe feels that we should be moving in a different direction.

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but MFC Twitter confirmed last night that we will have a new sponsor this season.

Looking forward to the shirt reveal and hoping for a diagonal stripe.

• Like 1

MFC Twitter confirmed last night that we will have a new sponsor this season.

I wonder who will have the honour of sponsoring the mighty Well? It would be great to have a sponsor that is not gambling, alcohol or money lending related, however, I do realise that these are the type of businesses that are currently thriving in the UK.

Oh god please

Rennie, Watson, Wark, Goodwin, McLaren, Millar, Graham, Pettigrew, McIlwraith, Taylor and Goldthorpe. Think that was the team that day - Willie really led big Roddy 'The Proddy' a merry dance lol

Reckon that team could hold its own even now.

Cracking team that was ! Willie P and Bobby Graham were a partnership made in heaven.

And still smile when I think of Jim McIlwraith - if I remember correctly, he used to wear his shorts way down his legs compared to everyone else.

Surprised we're changing the strip after a year, but if it's not the band, I'll happily go with a diagonal.

MON RA DOSSERS

I wonder who will have the honour of sponsoring the mighty Well? It would be great to have a sponsor that is not gambling, alcohol or money lending related, however, I do realise that these are the type of businesses that are currently thriving in the UK.

Would be even better if there was no sponsor :swoon: But, when they've approached others to have their business on the reverse...

I an ideal world yes. Or even the option to buy the top without would be a step forward, however, I doubt any sponsor would be agreeable to that.

They'd be mad if they did given the jersey is probably the most visible part of any deal.

Wetherspoons, perhaps? Not sure if that would be a step up from Cash Converters or a step down.