Next Season's Strip

Happy Dosser

I usually prefer white away kits, however, we had one last season and it’s probably time for a wee change. My favourite claret top was the 1960s Summer Cup amber hoop away and I would welcome it’s return. The amber pinstriped away was also a cracking shirt and I would have no issues with returning to that design.

They'd be mad if they did given the jersey is probably the most visible part of any deal.

I'd have thought the most valuable part of the shirt sponsorship is the TV and press photo coverage etc, where you reach lots of people. On the other hand, the visibility from seeing your logo on a few hundred shirts walking around Lanarkshire is probably limited... so why not at least offer the option of fans buying the shirts without a logo?

Anyone else have the feeling that part of the reason we are holding the kit release is to have it coincide with a "big" signing. ie. McDonald. Would be a great bit of marketing to punt more merchandise.

I thought the hold-up was due to tieing up a new sponsor?

I hope the chat regarding a C&A away top is just wishful thinking from sum. I prefer a proper change strip, either white or black (or blue as the case was a couple of years back) with subtle flashes of C&A.

In saying that, if Motherwell wish to re-create the sublime "tractor" top from the early 90's, i'll take it!

Anyone else have the feeling that part of the reason we are holding the kit release is to have it coincide with a "big" signing. ie. McDonald. Would be a great bit of marketing to punt more merchandise.

May well be, however, I think the change in sponsor was more the issue. A new sponsor wouldn't want us to release our new kits without their logo pictured on the front.

I prefer a proper change strip, either white or black (or blue as the case was a couple of years back) with subtle flashes of C&A.

Flashes of C&A is the important part here as I can’t stand lazy generic team wear with a club badge stitched on to it. Our recent black away seemed like an after thought.

Anyone else feel our new strip has done a Tom Hateley and totally disappeared during the summer?

I get the impression that everything was put on hold due to us being in the play-off. Maybe any new kit sponsor money was dependent on which division we would be playing in. As Flow mentioned in his latest interview the play-off triggered various issues within the club, with regard to contracts and other day to day things. The new kit was probably way down the list of priorities.

The Macron team wear catalogue sash design is similar to this new Newcastle Puma third template, however, the Macron sash goes in the opposite direction. I am not a big fan of using a crew neck for this kind of shirt, consequently, if available I am hoping that we opt for a winged collar.

Leaked-Newcastle-Third-Kit-15-16.jpg