Next Season's Strip

Happy Dosser

Horrible horrible horrible training top.

It’s no secret that I have old school views on training and match wear, however, the younger and perhaps a few of the older generation will be embracing our new training wear. Personally I would only have C&A training kit (or gear with flashes of C&A), however, I am not sure if a club of our size can command full training gear in C&A anymore. Unfortunately we don’t have the pulling power of Manchester United and the best we can hope for these days will be a club badge stitched onto a off the shelf training top.

I did not like it on the ADIDAS kit of '79

It can look fluorescent on some online images, however, in reality it was just an adidas ‘off the shelf’ team wear yellow (adidas probably weren’t prepared to provide custom amber tops for a small team like us). The material was quite shiny and this sometimes gave a false fluorescent yellow impression on photographs.

football_shirt_5027_1_500x450x1.jpg

789034.jpg

It can look fluorescent on some online images, however, in reality it was just an adidas ‘off the shelf’ team wear yellow (adidas probably weren’t prepared to provide custom amber tops for a small team like us). The material was quite shiny and this sometimes gave a false fluorescent yellow impression on photographs.

football_shirt_5027_1_500x450x1.jpg

789034.jpg

It was off kinda off the shelf but altered to suit us, Nottingham Forest away top with West Ham Claret and blue piping, the blue piping was covered up by yellow piping being stitched on over it, if you look closely that's why middle strip is thinner than outside two.

It was off kinda off the shelf but altered to suit us, Nottingham Forest away top with West Ham Claret and blue piping, the blue piping was covered up by yellow piping being stitched on over it, if you look closely that's why middle strip is thinner than outside two.

That seems like a complicated way to produce a shirt, as they would have also had to stitch a claret adidas, MFC logo and claret V neck onto the yellow Forest away shirt. However, as the shirt was for players only and not available for sale I can perhaps see some method in their madness.

There was an adidas replica kit ad from the time featuring all the clubs they supplied and sadly Motherwell didn’t feature (probably because you couldn’t buy the strip).

adidas-united.jpg

The one Joe Wark (81-82 kit) is wearing was slightly different it had 3 claret stripes stitched on separately thats why the spacing is wider than the normal adidas stripes. The wider neck that Souter is wearing was the 80-81 kit I was referring to previously

This is fair dragging on, no? Other clubs have had their new kits unveiled, pre-ordered, in shops and on the streets for a while now.

Didn't this happen with us last time as well?

I think the play-off situation and the rumoured new kit sponsor as held it up. However, I am sure someone on here mentioned that Cash Convertors had signed up for another year (Although I think the club said on their twitter feed that the sponsor was changing, maybe they have had a change of heart).

Why do we need to wait on the sponsor before announcing the new kit. The design would have been signed off in January so why can't they release pictures of it and let people pre-order it?

A kit launch is major PR for a sponsor and will no doubt be part of the deal.