Next Season's Strip

Happy Dosser

I'm about to make sure underboyleheating gets no sleep tonight......

So, underboyleheating....has your designer's OCD noticed the sash and the MFC aren't on the same gradient?

:cheese:

sponsors name will be below club badge.

Pity this didn’t happen as the Cash Converters sponsor is not the best, however, beggars can’t be choosers as they pay good money to have their logo on the shirt. I am happy that the diagonal sash goes in the same direction as the original 70s top (there was some talk on here that it may go in the opposite direction).

I'm about to make sure underboyleheating gets no sleep tonight......

So, underboyleheating....has your designer's OCD noticed the sash and the MFC aren't on the same gradient?

:cheese:

I have already booked an appointment with my psychiatrist in the morning to discuss my various OCD issues surrounding the shirts. :lol:

• Like 3

Pity this didn’t happen as the Cash Converters sponsor is not the best, however, beggars can’t be choosers as they pay good money to have their logo on the shirt. I am happy that the diagonal sash goes in the same direction as the original 70s top (there was some talk on here that it may go in the opposite direction).

With the stories surrounding the negotiations with Cash Converters causing delays (we all assumed it was financial), and the rumours of the sponsor placement under the crest, I am wondering if perhaps the negotiations were them deciding on the sponsor where it is but in white (bigger, more exposure), or a smaller sponsor under the crest but in Claret (closer to their own logo colour).

Away strip is an homage to my favourite ever away top, the Pony one from the mid 90's. I'd prefer wider amber stripes to distinguish it from Hearts as has been mentioned, would Macron have accommodated that? Doubt it!

Not a fan of a sash, I look at pictures and footage of the era of the first incarnation and my initial thought is it isn't Motherwell, but obviously it is.

As for the letters, I like our badge and really dislike the lettering, both the sash and the letters had their day in my opinion and should remain there. I'd only welcome a change from the current crest to a reworking of the badge a la Everton or Arsenal and even then a fans vote.

Fluorescent should be reserved for Dortmund and only Dortmund, I imagine it's a punt by PS to see if it takes off.

Would have been nice to have 2 different collars but the socks no doubt help out beleaguered parents a tad. Last years strips only got a year as we were meant to be changing our sponsor. Looks like they've extended either as the one Flow mentioned fell through and they got it cheap or they outbid them. 8 strips used over 5 years, not an ideal situation

Speaking as a old man, I'm looking forward to the release of the club Thermos and traveling rug.

Will a club Thermeus an Bunnet do for starters?

image.jpg

• Like 4

I know its retro and historic, but the club crest should always be on the strip. Personally, I think the MFC lettering looks pish so won't be buying it, always felt it looks amateur.

Agree with that the mfc lettering looks like somebody has drawn it on with a felt tip pen a bit amateurish. Apart from that both tops look OK but as always totally fucked up by sponsors logos. I know the sponsors cash comes with all the advertising expectations etc but I really think clubs are missing big revenue opportunities here by not offering sponsor free replica kit, they would sell shed loads of them.

Aye not a big fan of the "MFC" Away top does look like a belter but as usual will wait to see what it looks like in the flesh (and ironed)

Couple of thoughts regarding use during the season:

Might have to knock up a new pair of socks for when we are away to Hearts?

Presume one of them will be "ok" when we are away to Partick Thistle? Might have to be home top with away shorts?

The home kit wouldve been great if they had kept the original collar. No real point going retro if your going to throw in something not from that era. Its still ok but couldve been great. I like the away strip.

I think in some cases the sponsor can make a strip and in this case I like the contrast of the white text on the claret and amber background. A more fashionable sponsor (which I considered Motorola to be) adds even more.

Before getting all misty eyed and nostalgic about, it's interesting to note that the current club badge dates from 1982. Result of a fans competition...

The MFC lettering is simply a nice acknowledgement of a great time with some legendary players. If the new crop can emulate their flair, craft and commitment then I'm sure we'll all be delighted.

Rennie, Watson, Wark , Watson, McLaren, McVie, Stevens, Marinello , Pettigrew , Graham , Davidson, Taylor

Etched on my memory forever , hope 2015 brings a new crop of young fans remembering "their" team

• Like 3