Next Season's Strip

Happy Dosser

I think some are £50+ these days.

I'll maybe get one in January when they're 1/2 price.

:lol:

Depends on club & manufacturer really, also what type of jersey they are ie: player issue or a "fan/stadium shirt". Invariably Nike are the worst for it though most manufacturers take the piss.

Nike shirts usually retail around £65 but they've got Inter "match" shirts that were £90 rrp going for £63 in their sale. FWIW the £65 rrp ones are going for £45 at sale price.

For what it's worth re: the new 'well shirts, I think the away one is cracking, I liked the Nike mock-up UBH did (http://oi57.tinypic.com/23u66o1.jpg) which I think looked like it took elements of the Roma jerseys (which I love, be it Kappa or Nike) but the one they've ended up going for is great, genuinely difficult for me to find a fault with it.

The home shirt I like but being honest I much preferred the mock up earlier in the thread (http://oi62.tinypic.com/fu4y8n.jpg). I agree with whoever said they thought the design they've gone with was a bit busy. Having said that, it's still a belter of a jersey.

When they get it right (some of the Lazio shirts for example) Macron do a pretty decent job indeed.

Edited by capt_oats

Scotland have a tie up with JD sports, so think they're the only ones that sell the scotland shirt?

You get a discount if you're in the supporters club, but they were over £50 to begin with. (I'd presume they're cheaper now as getting towards a new one.

Have macron failed to deliver on training kit so far? Seems mostly last season's gear on show in Holland with those horrendous luminous jackets

No, the majority of the trainingwear won't be changing, just a couple of new pieces added to the range.

New strip is slim fitting by all accounts, may need to go up at least one size.

Err, aye just a bit! Just tried mine on their and I've base layer under armour that has been a looser fit! I'd suggest going one, possibly two, sizes up from your normal. Certainly smaller than last year.

I was in the club shop at lunchtime and picked up a new home shirt. I measured the chest on large and it was 38 inches. I bought the XL which was a 42 inch chest. All my other tops are large so yes you need to go up one size IMO.

Changed already, then found the XL to be no where near 4 inches extra compared to the large. 2nd change tomorrow...

From the previous comments the macron shirt sizing is quite bizarre. Last season I bought an M 'elite fit' and it felt very loose on me, almost as if I'd paid an extra tenner for a standard M! Now this season the shirts are ar least one size too small. Think I'll wait until I can get up to Fir Park before buying a top this season. Can't even decide which one to get anyway!