Next Season's Strip

Happy Dosser

Maybe a few folk would like to know ?

I'm sure a few folk, clearly including yourself, would. My only point is, it'll likely be a long sleeved football top of one colour or another with no claret and amber. So while I understand some might be keen to see it, can't understand the real impatience. Most teams goalkeeper tops are interchangeable, badges aside.

Clearly I'm not a real fan as I have no interest whatsoever in the Motherwell goalkeeper top. It could be zebra print for all I care. In fact, that might help put off opposition strikers...

My favourite goalkeeping kit combo was Keith MacRae’s all black kit, if my memory serves me correct he was asked to change it before a match once as it clashed with the referee’s kit. However, strangely other refs had no issue with him wearing it. To this day, Keith is still the best goalkeeper that I have seen play for Motherwell.

mA5LqqCuLRz9nPufn4SeOhw.jpgmK-ZN3rzYrrIs3sPDANQYnA.jpg

Shuggie, Shuggie swing on the bar...

A legend, and people think Manny Neuer invented playing as a sweeper, I can recall Shuggie tackling a forward in the oppositions half!!

Not to mention dribbling up the park to the half way line. Ah, they don't make them like that any more!

I got the new away kit in yesterday, and i've got to agree with Lobey Dosser, it's even better up close. An absolute cracker of a top.

I'll be taking mine back to go a size up though. It's very fitted, and being a gentleman who, shall we say, doesn't quite suit the fitted look, i'll opt for the larger size.

• 3 weeks later...

I popped into the Well shop today and I was happy to see that Copa have produced a replica of our 1970s claret sash shirt. I was hoping to replace the less than accurate Xara replica I bought from the club shop a few years back and was hopeful that Copa would do the shirt justice. However, the design OCD in me was instantly drawn to the claret sash and the ultimate frustration that they have also fell short in producing an exact replica of the original. In my opinion, the point in producing replica shirts is to match the original design as accurately as possible (especially the main design features). Two minutes of online picture research would have shown the Copa production team that the edge of the claret sash should be almost flush against the amber ‘V’ section of the winged collar and finishing flat against the shoulder (see picture below). Accurate replica’s take time to produce and in the event of not having an original shirt to copy they should always be based around decent pictures from the time.

I realise that the majority of our fan base will not give a toss on whether a replica is accurate or not, however, I believe if a job is worth doing, it’s worth doing well. Right I am off to take another dose of my OCD medication before I pass out. :lol::lol:

21ozosj.jpg

• Like 1

I popped into the Well shop today and I was happy to see that Copa have produced a replica of our 1970s claret sash shirt. I was hoping to replace the less than accurate Xara replica I bought from the club shop a few years back and was hopeful that Copa would do the shirt justice. However, the design OCD in me was instantly drawn to the claret sash and the ultimate frustration that they have also fell short in producing an exact replica of the original. In my opinion, the point in producing replica shirts is to match the original design as accurately as possible (especially the main design features). Two minutes of online picture research would have shown the Copa production team that the edge of the claret sash should be almost flush against the amber ‘V’ section of the winged collar and finishing flat against the shoulder (see picture below). Accurate replica’s take time to produce and in the event of not having an original shirt to copy they should always be based around decent pictures from the time.

I realise that the majority of our fan base will not give a toss on whether a replica is accurate or not, however, I believe if a job is worth doing, it’s worth doing well. Right I am off to take another dose of my OCD medication before I pass out. :lol::lol:

21ozosj.jpg

You really need to get out a bit more, find a hobby or something to occupy your time.

• Like 1

I have to be honest UBH that does appear to be nit-picking in the extreme. I would guess that it's not so much that most fans wouldn't give a toss, it would be more a case that the difference is so slight most fans wouldn't even notice.

Screwing up a retro kit to me would be the very first effort the club sanctioned where they stuck at huge square Motherwell badge on a 1952 Cup shirt - when badges obviously didn't appear on shirts until decades later but to me the example above is a more than fair representation of the shirt.

I have to be honest UBH that does appear to be nit-picking in the extreme. I would guess that it's not so much that most fans wouldn't give a toss, it would be more a case that the difference is so slight most fans wouldn't even notice.

Screwing up a retro kit to me would be the very first effort the club sanctioned where they stuck at huge square Motherwell badge on a 1952 Cup shirt - when badges obviously didn't appear on shirts until decades later but to me the example above is a more than fair representation of the shirt.

My nit picking is born out of frustration Andy and the fact that it’s so easy to get these things right. For me, positioning the main design feature (the sash) in the wrong position can be avoided with a few minutes of picture research. Like you said, sticking a badge on a retro shirt that never had one originally is also something that should be avoided (the 52 shirt you mentioned was a good example). At least this Copa shirt is nowhere near as bad as the some of the original replica’s from the 70's, where the sash went in the opposite direction. This Copa shirt is a good replica, however, with a few tweaks it could have been a great replica.

As spiderpig suggested, I am off to find a new hobby to occupy my time. The wife will be pleased. :lol:

• 4 months later...