Next Season's Strip

Happy Dosser

For us old codgers, I couldn't give a toss what our strip looks like. Once you've reached 50 , it's just wrong to wear a footy top anyway I think! As has been said, it's what players will be wearing it which will be more of concern.

PS. I did have the original diagonal top when I was about 12 ☺️

For us old codgers, I couldn't give a toss what our strip looks like. Once you've reached 50

I disagree Coolhandluc I’m 52, however, I still love my kits. I don’t buy them now, although I still wear the odd retro top to the games. :)

Real Betis Balompie had a nice Macron top for their 2014/15 second kit and it’s another template that would suit a diagonal band.

fu4y8n.jpg

• Like 2

I disagree Coolhandluc Im 52, however, I still love my kits. I dont buy them now, although I still wear the odd retro top to the games. :)

Real Betis Balompie had a nice Macron top for their 2014/15 second kit and its another template that would suit a diagonal band.

fu4y8n.jpg

My wife just said this looks like a hen party. That's it ruined for me.

• Like 1

I disagree Coolhandluc I’m 52, however, I still love my kits. I don’t buy them now, although I still wear the odd retro top to the games. :)

Real Betis Balompie had a nice Macron top for their 2014/15 second kit and it’s another template that would suit a diagonal band.

fu4y8n.jpg

This would do nicely

For us old codgers, I couldn't give a toss what our strip looks like. Once you've reached 50 , it's just wrong to wear a footy top anyway I think! As has been said, it's what players will be wearing it which will be more of concern.

PS. I did have the original diagonal top when I was about 12 ☺️

That gives me another 1.5 years then.

I would argue that it looks dafter if you are 20 stone 35 year old rather than a slender 52 yr old.

My wife just said this looks like a hen party. That's it ruined for me.

I can see her point as the bride will sometimes wear a sash with her name or message on it. However, the sash design reminds me more of beauty pageants and jockey tops.

I would argue that it looks dafter if you are 20 stone 35 year old rather than a slender 52 yr old.

Football shirts, especially the tight fitting ones in my opinion just look wrong on people who are even slightly overweight. They are primarily designed for sportsmen and rarely suit your average joe. Thankfully I am a slender 52 year old, however, these days I only wear loose fitting retro shirts.

A side of me hopes that if we do embrace the sash/diagonal band design that we go the whole hog and use the original 70s MFC script that we had at the time, however, I doubt whether they will be brave enough to go that far.

The superb Historical Kits website has a brief history of football kit design on their website. It is a great read for anyone interested in the subject. This article mentions the use of a temporary sash on a white top to distinguish between sides in the mid to late 1850s.

There were no uniform kits: players would turn out in whatever they had to hand and teams would be distinguished by wearing distinctively coloured caps, scarves or sashes over cricket whites

What happened to the "teamwear" version or whatever it was called? Do they still sell those or did they bin it?

Edit: Al B has explained it, so you can ignore my non relevant rant below!

I am not sure who ‘they’ refers to, however, all major kit suppliers have a basic team wear selection that you can buy off the shelf in basic standard colours. I have done a a few Motherwell team wear experiments in the fantasy kit section and if you choose wisely you can produce some nice designs in a colour not disimilar to ours (however they were only done to show what you could potentially achieve through an online design process. I say similar as the basic team wear colours offered will rarely match a clubs official shade (rarely ours). To get them matched exactly you would need to go down a more bespoke colour dye route which can be expensive. Any team wear designs that I play around with only exist on my computer and are sadly not available to buy.

Edited by underboyleheating
  • Like 1

I dont think he means that type of teamwear, I think he's talking about us selling the looser fitted replica version, and also the bodyfit players version of the current top.

I really wanted one of those, but they never seemed to have them on display in the shop, and I dont think they re-stocked them either.

• Like 1

Well, prepare not to be pleased...

As long as it’s not a crew neck. :resent: This is where you tell me that it’s a crew neck, right? :lol:

So according to sources on here this is the latest status on the new home top.

1. The claret diagonal sash design will be returning. (tick)

2. The sponsors logo will be discretely positioned beneath the club badge. (tick)

3. The shirt will not have a flappy or polo neck collar. (tick)

As long as it’s not a crew neck. :resent: This is where you tell me that it’s a crew neck, right? :lol:

So according to sources on here this is the latest status on the new home top.

1. The claret diagonal sash design will be returning. (tick)

2. The sponsors logo will be discretely positioned beneath the club badge. (tick)

3. The shirt will not have a flappy or polo neck collar. (tick)

You missed 4. Skippy will launch it in conjunction with the announcement of his signing a new contract. :crazy: