2015/16 Pre-Season Thread

David

I am going to Heereenveen on the train via Eurostar, Brussels and Schipol airport.

I contacted Heerenveen and they said the game is being played in Langezwaag.

Reply from them, "Langezwaag is not our training ground, it’s a small village near Heerenveen which has a training complex.
The village is about 6,8 km from Heerenveen. I think that’s a little too far to go on foot.
You can rent a car or a bike, or go by bus if you want. From the bus station there’s a bus to Langezwaag every 30 minutes. This will be bus line 20 and bus line 21.

We hope you’ll enjoy your stay in Heerenveen".

• Like 1

I am going to Heereenveen on the train via Eurostar, Brussels and Schipol airport.

Reply from them, "Langezwaag is not our training ground, it’s a small village near Heerenveen which has a training complex.

The village is about 6,8 km from Heerenveen. I think that’s a little too far to go on foot.

You can rent a car or a bike, or go by bus if you want. From the bus station there’s a bus to Langezwaag every 30 minutes. This will be bus line 20 and bus line 21.

Did you get a kick off time from them mate?

Did they say when the kick-off was?

Ah all this talk of european away days, planes trains and automobiles in July, whats the best hotel etc..reminds me of the good old days when we were a Europa and Champions league team.☺

Yeah, was buzzing for the draw then organising the trip. Would probably feel the same even for a friendly jaunt too ☺️
  • Like 1

Transport in Holland ?

You can literally get to on city or town with a train station from 010 or 020 in 2-3 hours, and all at a fraction of the UK cost. Oh and at the weekend there are 2 "circle" trains which run in opposite directions between the major cities between midnight and 6am.

I used to be able to combine a 10 minute walk to Rotterdam centraal, 45 km train journey and 5 minute cycle to get to work in Zwinder t in 40 minutes.

My advice to anyone going would be to base yourself in Rotterdam rather than Amsterdam. If Arnhem is close to any games I would also recommend it - the former allies especially are very well received due to the fact that the Dutch there actually had such a tough time from the Germans prior to liberation in September 1945. Not to mention that Arnhem is party central at the weekend.

My advice to anyone going would be to base yourself in Rotterdam rather than Amsterdam. If Arnhem is close to any games I would also recommend it

Had been considering doing this as it is very convenient for the first game in Rheden, but the lure of Amsterdam is winning

Going to give this a miss now, but for information if you are finding the flights from Scotland expensive you could use Megatrain to go Glasgow - Preston (3 -7 pounds when I looked) and then take a separate train to Manchester Airport (£9-£1). The downside is these deals are only available Mon-Thurs, Virgin release their cheapo tickets to Megabucks 45 days in advance.

Birmingham could also be an option.

Overnight ferry is possible from Newcastle to Rotterdam, but be sure your driver stays sober as the Dutch police can breathalyse you.

Any more friendlies being announced? Other than our trip to Holland, we only have the Livingston game. I'd expect games to be played in the midweek of 21st/22nd and the weekend of 25th/26th.

Anyone heard anything?

Any more friendlies being announced? Other than our trip to Holland, we only have the Livingston game. I'd expect games to be played in the midweek of 21st/22nd and the weekend of 25th/26th.

Anyone heard anything?

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/06/12/first-pre-season-games-announced/

Games expected on 14th, 21st (Tuesday's) and 24th (Friday) in Scotland. Delay partly due to trying to confirm venues as Fir Park is out of use due to pitch being relaid.