2015/16 Pre-Season Thread

David

Good to see big Marv today, clearly not match fit but a nice couple of touches

Hammell looked comfortable

Ainsworth looked the part and took his goal well.

Kennedy is a big beast of a ball winner

Watt played well and finished clinically

Fletcher and Moore didn't link up and looked no threat at all

Laing is still raw and needs to improve his decision making when under pressure

Thought Moult and Clarky looked more cohesive

Cadden and Leitch looked bright

Las was clearly under instruction to pick the ball deep and build from the back

Pearo and Mick clearly don't do friendlies,combative as ever

All in all a very mixed bag and very much a work in progress

Oh , and the pies weren't too bad at all...

Obviously well aware it was a friendly however

The starting back four looked comfortable. Watt in in his first game for me at rb was steady, distribution needs work but the wind certainly did not help him and others too.

To me the centre back pair of Kennedy and Laing looked better and steadier than McManus and Laing though I doubt the experience of McManus will be left out.come the season start. If thats so then Kennedy would be my choice.

Fletcher and Moult need a Skippy in there to bring them on.

Although only on for 10-15 minutes I liked what I saw of Cadden, pretty well built and prepared to drive play forward.

We still need a creative midfielder.We cannot rely on Johnson and Ainsworth to create all the time.

A great workout today against a lower league team with something to prove. Livi proved to be a big robust physical outfit with a few nasty tricks up their sleeves. For me Louis Laing was a standout and strolled through the game. Kieran Kennedy also put in a fine performance. Luke Watt looked steady at right back and capped it with a fine goal and will surely be pushing for a regular start this season. In midfield Pearo had a very good game as did Davie Clarkson when he came on. Good to see Chris Cadden make an appearance - would like to see more of him this season as he looks to be developing into a strong player.

Livi defended in depth and made it difficult for our front men who had to live off scraps for much of the game. Ainsworth had a reasonable game but unsurprisingly Johnson didn't look anywhere near match fit. Fletcher showed up well in flashes but for me Craig Moore was a big disappointment - didn't contribute anything at all.

All in all a decent workout with a better second half than first. Referee (Kevin Clancy?) had a poor game with a string of inconsistent decisions.

Just watched the highlights.

First goal was tremendous. Quick ball out from the goalie, lovely play and pass by Clarkson (I think) and great finish from Lionel. I would imagine we will see a few of those goals this year.

Second goal was a nice finish from Watt too. Would be great to get a few goals from our right and left back this year.

Moult should have stuck that header away but was just underneath it a bit. His second chance he just couldn't get round it - wouldn't say he mucked it up.

Interesting to hear Bara saying it was Derby we were meant to playing on Tuesday but they pulled out to play another game. Hence, the quick decision to go to Sligo. Looking forward to the PNE game next week.

Keep up Geedub, Morgyn Neill was freed at the end of last season and now plays with Livingston, so he wasn't talking about him playing for us.

:lol: I had to Google who he was and all the results that came up were to do with Motherwell